This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Victini Event

#71PolimarioPosted 11/16/2012 6:37:55 AM
IMO, it doesn't matter where you got your team, because at the end of the day, someone is gonna want someone dead.
---
http://imgur.com/0MPQs
"Everything ends eventually... and sometimes, you're not sure why." -Mazeka
#72hyjinx17Posted 11/16/2012 7:49:51 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
hyjinx17 posted...
They're also getting a Kyogre/Groudon event to celebrate 10 year anniversary of Ruby and Saphire

Rest of the world gets Jack. Events should be world wide. I've argued that big games that sell extremely well all over the world like pokemon should get worldwide release at the same time, but there's really no excuse for japan getting events months before the rest of the world

Yes there is. For Japan, Pokémon is a deep part of their culture. It's not the case in US or Europe so only the MAJOR events carry over

you're kidding right? events mean just as much to Pokemon fans outside of japan as they do inside. Just because there's more doesn't mean they should get it months ahead of time. There's literally no work involved in porting an event to another region apart from distribution so just make it all wifi download. End of story. It's just a simple, we're Japanese so japan get's preferential treatment(even though all we have to do is green light it for other regions), everyone else can wait.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#73Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 7:54:49 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
you're kidding right? events mean just as much to Pokemon fans outside of japan as they do inside. Just because there's more doesn't mean they should get it months ahead of time. There's literally no work involved in porting an event to another region apart from distribution so just make it all wifi download. End of story. It's just a simple, we're Japanese so japan get's preferential treatment(even though all we have to do is green light it for other regions), everyone else can wait.

While they may mean more to players, as I said Pokémon is EMBEDDED in the culture there so there are far more reasons for events which is why there are so many. Events cost money to put on for little returns and making it all WiFi is not logical. You'd end up getting events based on Japanese things with seemingly no reason for them.

It's not as simple as "Oh, there's an event, let's make it active."
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#74joejones6Posted 11/16/2012 7:58:17 AM
I feel glaciate would be a bigger deal
If it had a higher base power than a good hidden power ice
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0046 9791 0983
#75360pagesPosted 11/16/2012 8:38:04 AM
Can, we stop this conversation.

Also, it seems Victini is getting better and better. He might get the small boost he needs to be in OU, after all he can now carry a different Hidden power that, plus Blue flame is amazing.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#76Fierce_Deity777Posted 11/16/2012 9:00:28 AM
DanMil05 posted...
Serebii from SPP posted...
pies12 posted...
What does this mean for pokegen? Set the event flag and you're good to go on your god victini?

Same thing as always. Don't use it and do Pokémon properly :p

Listen Joe, i love your site but seriously? Also, how do you "do" pokemon properly?

Well first you need to set up some incense and some candles... Maybe a little music, too~
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Black/White 2 Boards.
#77MalkyeaImbakPosted 11/16/2012 9:03:38 AM
If victini is lvl 100 already doesn't that mean you can't ev train it so it'll suck anyways?
#78360pagesPosted 11/16/2012 9:04:25 AM
MalkyeaImbak posted...
If victini is lvl 100 already doesn't that mean you can't ev train it so it'll suck anyways?

They changed that in Gen 5
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#79joejones6Posted 11/16/2012 9:04:54 AM
MalkyeaImbak posted...

Lol u are quite misinformed.
U can ev at any level
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0046 9791 0983
#80SalsaSavantPosted 11/16/2012 9:05:37 AM
This is getting stupid. Let me put my two cents in.

If you're just playing randoms online, then yeah, you're cheating. A lot of the people over Wi-Fi don't know about/don't have access to Pokegen.

If you're playing with someone who's aware of it? No problems there. It takes a long time to make a proper Pokemon. And I mean a LONG time.

Official tournaments? From what I've heard, everyone hacks there already. Even if that isn't true, everything is going to be Ev trained, IV bred, etc. The only difference is that you'll have 20 hours of life that they don't.
---
This is a sig.
People who agree: 11. People who Disagree:4