This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I swear Pokemon games read your mind to see what pokemon you're looking for and

#21jimmyjones69Posted 11/17/2012 2:04:56 AM
DMGirl posted...
I know right? It gets annoying sometimes. <.< Just wait until you prefer having certain Pokemon being certain genders and they just refuse to show up as that gender! I always seem to run into male Clefairy(s?). Yeah they're rarer, but I don't see Clefairy as a male. Not that it really matters though.

I kinda feel the same way. Then again I RNG my mons so gender doesn't become an issue. I still prefer some Pokemon to be certain genders. Just look at how I gender my Eeveelutions!

Espeon = girl
Jolteon = boy
Umbreon = boy
Flareon = boy
Vaporeon = girl
Leafeon = boy
Glaceon = girl

I just can't help it :(.
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4900-1573-3223
#22J-Don-BonnePosted 11/17/2012 2:38:19 AM
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
you mean every game ever

This, big time.

Even certain fighting games do this crap to me. Brawl and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 are especially bad about it! (I need a Luke Cage card... cue almost 200 battles later and not getting ONE, but getting NINE cards of stuff I don't want!
---
Official Spike of the PSASBR Board
Fan of a "pretty hardcore evil" Vampire Queen.
#23WolfJouninPosted 11/17/2012 2:45:00 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
It sometimes seems like that, yeah. And then I find a Riolu in just six encounters at Floccesy Ranch, and then I realize it's all just luck of the draw.

Yeah, that is lucky as hell. I spent an hour roaming there, at first all dead set on what natures were acceptable and what weren't... when I finally found out, I just accepted it lol
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#24BloodlustSwedenPosted 11/17/2012 3:56:48 AM
Try finding a Crutch or a Fission Battery (or anything) in Fallout 3+NV, when you actually need it

x3

I agree with you though.
---
Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! *Manical laughter*
#25Missingno_MastrPosted 11/17/2012 5:50:38 AM
Exiledfmreality posted...
Whoever came up with the Safari Zone is a sadist.

Agreed completely. And it's not even just the Chansey, though those are bad enough in and of themselves (to say nothing of Tauros- how did I manage to catch one back when I was a 10-year-old noob who only trained his Pidgeot in Yellow?!?!)- any of you have the supreme misfortune of having a Shiny run away from you in there? Because this guy has. I remember it well. March 17th, 2010. I was trying to fill up my PC boxes in HeartGold with trade fodder so I could bring in all my EV trained stuff, in-game teams, and legendaries from Platinum. The Safari Zone seemed the most cost-effective way to get this done, and I was starting to like that one area that had practically nothing but the Ekans and Koffing lines... Bam! Shiny Ekans! I throw one Safari Ball, doesn't even wiggle, Ekans breaks out and flees.

That said, I have had better luck with my other two Safari Zone Shinies- Nidorina in Kanto's Safari Zone, and Tropius in the Great Marsh. But that Ekans will haunt me.
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#26MegaWentEvilPosted 11/17/2012 6:04:46 AM(edited)
Speaking of Castlevania, it took so long for me to get a Skull Shield from a Skull Lord in SOTN in a certain playthrough.
---
The chosen one.
#27YaRlyJoe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 6:37:03 AM
FungusForBrains posted...
Not only does it not show up when you want it, but after you finally have one, they start showing up by the dozens as you're walking around.

Literally this
---
http://i.imgur.com/LWtaf.jpg
#285ky_4nth3mPosted 11/17/2012 7:38:17 AM
YaRlyJoe posted...
FungusForBrains posted...
Not only does it not show up when you want it, but after you finally have one, they start showing up by the dozens as you're walking around.

Literally this

even though i know what you mean (a really big list of occasions come to mind), it is also true that most ppl, me included, tend to only remember their bad luck.
but whenever i look back i can still remember stuff like finding a yanma in HG without even trying (you've got a 1% chance of finding one when not swarming).
#29alobblobPosted 11/17/2012 7:49:31 AM
At least the RNG in the main Pokemon series isn't as bad as Pokemon Conquest. On that game's board, EVERYONE agrees that it's broken.
---
"Time for a change of PACE!!!" - Dr. Eggman