This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ev Training is cheating? How do you feel when someone says that?

#1serenade696969Posted 11/17/2012 3:34:33 AM
I've had this said to me before in a few battles at school the kid is using an all legends team and im using my rag tag team used in game.

He says legends can't be beat i proceed to sweep his entire team with my Lucario he goes on and says i cheated becaus ei beat his legend i told him how i trained and he said that is cheating and i told him no its in game and such still Says cheating has something like this happen to any of you if so what have you said thought or felt about it?

How do you feel about Ev training?
#2LexifoxPosted 11/17/2012 3:35:31 AM
When someone claims EV training is cheating, I like it. It's a simple way of knowing this person is an idiot and their opinions should be disregarded.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3bountyhunter85Posted 11/17/2012 3:54:30 AM
Lexifox posted...
When someone claims EV training is cheating, I like it. It's a simple way of knowing this person is an idiot and their opinions should be disregarded.

This, all day long.
---
I play 3DS now, 3DS is cool
3DS: 4081 5484 0944 Pm me if you add
#4shadowreaper7Posted 11/17/2012 3:57:05 AM
Lexifox posted...

agreed
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#5NihiloExistantPosted 11/17/2012 4:00:58 AM
I'd suggest that you try beating his legendaries again with a team that isn't EV trained, but something tells me nothing would get through to the guy.
---
--
A void, the proud and sinister dream of being nothing, of being always something other than I am.
#6DatuDugoPosted 11/17/2012 4:01:57 AM
lol you fought a loser
---
Junpei: (Once again, I gaze upon this stately ladder.) "Ladder? I don't even know her!"
#7HaxdreigonPosted 11/17/2012 4:13:24 AM
They way I see it, there is no way to avoid EV-training unless you started to feed your pokemon rare candies from the moment you caught/hatched it or paid several visits to the Dojo in B/W2. The thing is that everyone is EV-training whether they do it consciously or not. You're pokemon will gain EV's from battles and those will go to their respective stats. Yet, those who choose not to properly EV-train their pokemon are putting themselves at an unnecessary disadvantage to keep their morals high even though GameFreak has subtly shown ingame that they acknowledge the existence of EV's and give players the freedom to manipulate them as they wish. So again, saying EV-training is cheating is a ridiculous and ignorant thing to say and you're only hurting yourself with such statements.

Those are my two cents, don't spend it all at once.
---
If you happen to have a DW Reuniclus or other members of its line, please don't hesitate to message me.
#8t3hNubPosted 11/17/2012 4:14:15 AM
serenade696969 posted...
I beat a scrub and he got butthurt about it

As long as all stats, moves, etc. are within legitimate limits it's not cheating. Scrubs are just gonna scrub.
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#9ParominPosted 11/17/2012 4:40:17 AM
Obviously playing the game casually is the PROPER way to play Pokemon!
---
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd
#10Ansem_the_evilPosted 11/17/2012 4:50:05 AM
Well I would think the people who said that are idiots since gamefreak put in items in the game to help ev training like viamins , featers and the power items thats proof that they want us to e train
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950