This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ev Training is cheating? How do you feel when someone says that?

#21Alr3m1Posted 11/17/2012 5:41:39 AM
As long as we're clear that you beat a scrub at a pokemon game... where in the end it comes down to who allocated their stats into certain places.

Something something first place something special olympicss. Cheers.
#22Ari917Posted 11/17/2012 5:43:05 AM
Lexifox posted...
When someone claims EV training is cheating, I like it. It's a simple way of knowing this person is an idiot and their opinions should be disregarded.

There's really no better answer that could be said.
#23emolsifierPosted 11/17/2012 5:45:46 AM
If someone claimed it to be cheating I'd be on the fence. Sure it isn't an obvious part of the game and most people don't know about it. Yeah it's a little unfair if the person doesn't know about them because they couldn't exploit something you did.
On the other hand, It's a legitimate part of the game. Saying that EV training is cheating is declaring lifting weights cheating for Olympic weightlifting. It doesn't make a pinch of sense.

I do have to wonder, which legendaries were on his team. as badass as lucario is, I would think that with 6 of them he'd at least be able to whittle it down.
---
Newbie PKMN Trainer: 0132-8070-8825 BLACK
#24WolfJouninPosted 11/17/2012 5:49:13 AM
emolsifier posted...
I do have to wonder, which legendaries were on his team. as badass as lucario is, I would think that with 6 of them he'd at least be able to whittle it down.

Maybe he's like how some naive kids were in gen 1, where they thought a Pokemon should use as many possible moves of its type:
e.g.
Charizard:
-Flamethrower
-Fire Blast
-Fire Spin
-Fly

lol
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#25darkus_fPosted 11/17/2012 6:13:56 AM
uuurrrggh posted...
Lexifox posted...
When someone claims EV training is cheating, I like it. It's a simple way of knowing this person is an idiot and their opinions should be disregarded.

this.
#26B01tPosted 11/17/2012 6:27:04 AM
I'm a casual pokeplayer, never EV trained in my life, but i have to agree with Lexifox on this one. As someone else said, gamefreak actually put in mechanics(items) to make it easier to EV train, pretty convincing proof they don't mind it.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#27MugilokoPosted 11/17/2012 6:28:46 AM
Lexifox posted...

^
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards
#28Dartpaw86Posted 11/17/2012 6:42:54 AM
There are basically 3 levels games fall into

1-Playing normally (People who just play for the sake of playing, not caring about stats and such)
2-Playing strategically (This situation)
3-And being cheap (When I was playing Mortal Kombat 3 with a friend who would always use a trick to trap me a corner and hit me over and over with no way of avoiding until I died... when I called him on it he always said "It's in the game so it's allowed" -_- )

3 and 2 should never be confused.
#29alobblobPosted 11/17/2012 6:45:45 AM
I really only play for fun, so I've never bothered/wanted to EV train. That said, it doesn't seem like cheating if the game mechanics allow you to do it.
---
"Time for a change of PACE!!!" - Dr. Eggman
#30EmpirorPosted 11/17/2012 7:08:32 AM
WolfJounin posted...
emolsifier posted...

Maybe he's like how some naive kids were in gen 1, where they thought a Pokemon should use as many possible moves of its type:
e.g.
Charizard:
-Flamethrower
-Fire Blast
-Fire Spin
-Fly

lol

My exact set from Red when I was 6...

don't judge me ;_;
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://stevenjobs101.wordpress.com/<---visit my blog :u!