This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ev Training is cheating? How do you feel when someone says that?

#31auronnovaPosted 11/17/2012 8:14:02 AM
Lexifox posted...
When someone claims EV training is cheating, I like it. It's a simple way of knowing this person is an idiot and their opinions should be disregarded.

This, so much.
---
Xbox Gamertag - auronnova.
Black FC - 2924-6558-8326
#32WolfJouninPosted 11/17/2012 8:21:56 AM(edited)
Empiror posted...
WolfJounin posted...
emolsifier posted...
I do have to wonder, which legendaries were on his team. as badass as lucario is, I would think that with 6 of them he'd at least be able to whittle it down.

Maybe he's like how some naive kids were in gen 1, where they thought a Pokemon should use as many possible moves of its type:
e.g.
Charizard:
-Flamethrower
-Fire Blast
-Fire Spin
-Fly

lol

My exact set from Red when I was 6...

don't judge me ;_;

LOL! 6 year old naive kids ftw! I used a Blastoise with Water Gun, Surf, Hydro Pump, and I think Bubblebeam!
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#33MaximoomPosted 11/17/2012 8:20:44 AM
EV training is part of the game.

But perfect IVs, 99.9% of the time is gotten by hacking.
#34DMGirlPosted 11/17/2012 8:24:39 AM
My Meganium had Razor Leaf, Solar Beam, Synthesis, and something else I can't remember... ^^; Probably a Grass move. As for EV training, I don't believe it is cheating, but it would be nice to have the person know beforehand if you're challenging a casual player.
---
If you fully love and believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, please put this as your signature. I'm proud to believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior.
#35PolimarioPosted 11/17/2012 8:33:45 AM
Lexifox posted...
When someone claims EV training is cheating, I like it. It's a simple way of knowing this person is an idiot and their opinions should be disregarded.

/topic.
---
http://imgur.com/0MPQs
"Everything ends eventually... and sometimes, you're not sure why." -Mazeka
#36Reno_TarshilPosted 11/17/2012 8:38:00 AM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU BEAT MY WHOLE TEAM OF LEGENDARY POKEMON WITH A NON LEGENDARY!?!?!

MUST BE SMOKE AND MIRRORS!
---
"Man who stand on toilet, is high on pot."
Official Escavalier of the B2/W2 Boards!
#37AurawhispererPosted 11/17/2012 8:45:09 AM
I have two responses toward this; cause mentally, I have two me:

1. Briefly explained how EVs work and hilariously ask the kid how Ashs pikachu is able to win some impossible a throughout the anime.
If that doesn't work, I'll have him research EV training by giving him the web that I was taught from.

2. Seeing I hate stupidity 80% of the time, if this kid called me a cheater, I'll question him "that so? Would a fist to the gut feel like cheating too?" And pop him one and explain how unfair the world really is.

Either one can happen; depending on my mood.

Other than that TC, your friend needs to come out of the basement and realize that Pokemon has evolved
#38HyrulexplorerPosted 11/17/2012 9:44:34 AM
My Venusaur from Blue is the same as some of the other Pokemon mentioned here. It knows, to this day:

Razor Leaf, Cut, Solar Beam, and Tackle.

Tackle was the very first move it ever had, ever used, and that I ever used. Why would I want to get rid of it?

I have thankfully outgrown this mentality.

Now, on EVs, I understand the concept, their importance, and so forth. Out of my few friends who play Pokemon, I do the most research and understand the mechanics the best. They don't complain though, as I tell them what I know when the topic comes up. Though this is balanced, perhaps even skewed by the fact they play more than me and consistently have Pokemon 10-15 levels higher than mine.

While I'm here, since board searching didn't find any place better, what's the standard way of EV training when running through the game the first time? Some topics mention Pokemon and areas I haven't reached yet as they best places to EV train a stat; plus when you start out your mons are weak, need levels and better moves. You can't EV train them then. Is EV training pretty much a late/ post game thing with freshly bred Mons to take from 1 to 100, or is there a way to reset EVs for your earlier Mons that you might want to use, since I admittedly have never trained a single Pokemon ever to 100, and I started with Blue version.

As you may tell, I am a casual who wants to step up my game a bit to make my Pokemon stronger, since I have friends who now play alongside me and the online option.
---
"Ironically, the word mature when applied to games tends to have a very childish connotation." -Erik J. Caponi of Bethesda Softworks
#39ryudin89Posted 11/17/2012 10:02:01 AM
Lexifox posted...

Copy, paste all day.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#40electric_emuPosted 11/17/2012 10:11:58 AM
People reject EV training because it's difficult to do during the main course of the game. But it's obviously not cheating. Look at PWT and the Gear Station. You REALLY think anyone could have a high rate of success without EV training? It's almost expected by the game itself.

When someone says it's cheating, they're just bitter that they lost.