This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't they make it count as a win for you if your opponent ragequits?

#1HeyWheresKelPosted 11/17/2012 6:42:13 PM
Topic
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
#2NihiloExistantPosted 11/17/2012 6:47:35 PM
Because you wouldn't have actually won. Granted, the one who ragequits should probably be penalized in some way, like being forced to release one of the pokemon in their party or something.
---
--
A void, the proud and sinister dream of being nothing, of being always something other than I am.
#3VamJirachiPosted 11/17/2012 6:48:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it's because they don't want to penalize people who legitimately have terrible internet just because some people are ragequitters.
---
Official Jirachi of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth board!
#4Skull_proPosted 11/17/2012 6:49:41 PM
Also not all disconnects are ragequits. Some have genuinely network problem
---
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/NeoArashi/wtf.jpg Look! I can make a post AFTER the last post!!!!!
#5coreekymonPosted 11/17/2012 6:52:42 PM
Plus I think Nintendo's wi-fi is pretty crappy. It seems like no matter how good your connection is it still has issues.
---
Please check out my blog/guide to competitive pokemon at pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com
#6HeyWheresKel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 6:57:56 PM
I can't help but think that 95% of disconnects are ragequits. I'm sure the other 5% wouldn't be too butthurt about it if a rule like that was implemented.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
#7Bass50Posted 11/17/2012 7:05:17 PM
HeyWheresKel posted...
I can't help but think that 95% of disconnects are ragequits. I'm sure the other 5% wouldn't be too butthurt about it if a rule like that was implemented.

That's your opinion, not fact. There are quite a few people that have a crappy connection or get pulled away from the game for legitimate reasons.
#8Skull_proPosted 11/17/2012 7:12:49 PM
Bass50 posted...
HeyWheresKel posted...

That's your opinion, not fact. There are quite a few people that have a crappy connection or get pulled away from the game for legitimate reasons.

This. I've seen several people people disconnect on me while they were winning. Although most people who have to quit early for legetimate reason just forfeit, like a man.
---
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/NeoArashi/wtf.jpg Look! I can make a post AFTER the last post!!!!!
#9HeyWheresKel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 7:18:44 PM
Bass50 posted...
HeyWheresKel posted...

That's your opinion, not fact.

I'm sorry, was that not obvious?
---
#10pokemon2pokerPosted 11/17/2012 7:19:54 PM
Who really cares? It's not like you're losing any competitive experience.
---
My face flashing crimson from the fires of hell
Know where to run before there's nowhere to run