Why don't they make it count as a win for you if your opponent ragequits?

  • Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Why don't they make it count as a win for you if your opponent ragequits?

User Info: HeyWheresKel

HeyWheresKel
4 years ago#1
Topic
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"

User Info: NihiloExistant

NihiloExistant
4 years ago#2
Because you wouldn't have actually won. Granted, the one who ragequits should probably be penalized in some way, like being forced to release one of the pokemon in their party or something.
--
A void, the proud and sinister dream of being nothing, of being always something other than I am.

User Info: VamJirachi

VamJirachi
4 years ago#3
I'm pretty sure it's because they don't want to penalize people who legitimately have terrible internet just because some people are ragequitters.
Official Jirachi of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth board!

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
4 years ago#4
Also not all disconnects are ragequits. Some have genuinely network problem
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/NeoArashi/wtf.jpg Look! I can make a post AFTER the last post!!!!!

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
4 years ago#5
Plus I think Nintendo's wi-fi is pretty crappy. It seems like no matter how good your connection is it still has issues.
Please check out my blog/guide to competitive pokemon at pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com

User Info: HeyWheresKel

HeyWheresKel
4 years ago#6
I can't help but think that 95% of disconnects are ragequits. I'm sure the other 5% wouldn't be too butthurt about it if a rule like that was implemented.
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"

User Info: Bass50

Bass50
4 years ago#7
HeyWheresKel posted...
I can't help but think that 95% of disconnects are ragequits. I'm sure the other 5% wouldn't be too butthurt about it if a rule like that was implemented.


That's your opinion, not fact. There are quite a few people that have a crappy connection or get pulled away from the game for legitimate reasons.

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
4 years ago#8
Bass50 posted...
HeyWheresKel posted...
I can't help but think that 95% of disconnects are ragequits. I'm sure the other 5% wouldn't be too butthurt about it if a rule like that was implemented.


That's your opinion, not fact. There are quite a few people that have a crappy connection or get pulled away from the game for legitimate reasons.


This. I've seen several people people disconnect on me while they were winning. Although most people who have to quit early for legetimate reason just forfeit, like a man.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/NeoArashi/wtf.jpg Look! I can make a post AFTER the last post!!!!!

User Info: HeyWheresKel

HeyWheresKel
4 years ago#9
Bass50 posted...
HeyWheresKel posted...
I can't help but think that 95% of disconnects are ragequits. I'm sure the other 5% wouldn't be too butthurt about it if a rule like that was implemented.


That's your opinion, not fact.


I'm sorry, was that not obvious?
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"

User Info: pokemon2poker

pokemon2poker
4 years ago#10
Who really cares? It's not like you're losing any competitive experience.
My face flashing crimson from the fires of hell
Know where to run before there's nowhere to run
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Why don't they make it count as a win for you if your opponent ragequits?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived