This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or is there absolutely no strategy to Pokemon anymore?

#21darkdragonflamePosted 11/18/2012 10:30:55 AM
TC...
If you know a CC or a Scald/Hydropump comes switch Heatran out and send in Jellicent...
Ingame =/= Online
---
The Official Interceptor of the Duodecim Boards
The Official Zangoose of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards
#22Ku-Ri-BohPosted 11/18/2012 10:39:03 AM
So because you can't obtain a Deoxys-D for a stall Pokemon out of all the listed ones, stall is dead?

Okay, i have to admit that offense is getting unstoppable while stall's options are getting fairly limited, not to mention less auto-pilot. If anything, i have to side with you by claiming that Deoxys-D is more of a stallbreaker fit into offense teams than a stall Pokemon himself.

So look, i'm actually helping your case. Just wanting to let you know that your argument is not entirely correct
#23AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/18/2012 10:42:05 AM
Terotrous posted...
If you think that's so lulzy I'm honestly curious to see what you think can switch in against, say, a Hydregion carrying Dragon Gem or Life Orb and Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Superpower, and Dark Pulse, with Stealth Rock out. I literally see nothing that can wall this.

The only thing I can think of that's going to be able to come in and kill it is something that has the speed advantage or a move like Ice Shard or Bullet Punch, which goes back to what I wrote in the OP about how it's just about fast pokemon who hit hard.

Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Also, while a few points matter to some calculations, a difference of 31 points rarely matter SO MUCH when it comes to defense. In addition, you can't possibly expect your non IV bred Pokemon to have perfectly 0/0/0 def IVs to back up your argument that Netbattles cant give arguments becoz perfect IVs = perfect defenses etc

My pokemon are IV bred and generally have 20+ in all meaningful stats with 31s in the important ones. It still doesn't change much.

What is the issue with netbattle though are the pokemon you can't breed (or in many cases even obtain) legitimately. Like sure, I'd love to run Deoxys-D. But I have no method of obtaining him. And even if I did, his IVs and nature would probably be crap.

Scarf terrakion, Dialga. Lugia.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#24Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:42:58 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
So because you can't obtain a Deoxys-D for a stall Pokemon out of all the listed ones, stall is dead.

No, if there are other things out there that are particularly viable stall could still work, but I don't feel it's reasonable to claim that stall is viable if it's reliant on event Pokemon.

I don't think you can really deny that Steel on the whole has gotten weaker this gen. There are far more Fire and Fighting attacks out there to prevent Steel types from switching in easily. Bulky Waters might have a bit of a better time, particularly with Rain Dance, but stuff like Virizion is still very scary to them.

I'll probably try making a Jellicent next to see if it can defend against any of these offensive monsters to any degree, but I'm not expecting to be terribly impressed.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#251qaqa1Posted 11/18/2012 10:43:33 AM
It's funny cuz Deo-D is almost never used for stall, its more of a suicide lead for HO teams anyways.
---
Piplup is the best character on pokemon.
#26Ku-Ri-BohPosted 11/18/2012 10:45:02 AM
Yeah i mentioned how Deoxys-D isnt used in stall and he seemed to still not get it too...
#27Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:47:15 AM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
Terotrous posted...
If you think that's so lulzy I'm honestly curious to see what you think can switch in against, say, a Hydregion carrying Dragon Gem or Life Orb and Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Superpower, and Dark Pulse, with Stealth Rock out. I literally see nothing that can wall this.

Dialga and Lugia are both still in ubers so they're right out.

Terrakion dies in two Superpowers and also stands a good chance of getting OHKO'd by that gemmed Draco Meteor. Also, he's an example of using a fast pokemon to counter anyway.
---
#28AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/18/2012 10:50:42 AM
Terotrous posted...
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
Terotrous posted...

Dialga and Lugia are both still in ubers so they're right out.

Terrakion dies in two Superpowers and also stands a good chance of getting OHKO'd by that gemmed Draco Meteor. Also, he's an example of using a fast pokemon to counter anyway.

You didn't specify the tier as Hydreigon can be used in ubers as well. You said you don't know ANY pokemon that can wall or counter it.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#29Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:52:05 AM
I think it would be generally obvious that if I specified an OU pokemon I would want an OU counter, but fine, anything in the OU tier that can actually wall this and doesn't rely on getting the first attack.
---
#30SaintparaPosted 11/18/2012 10:57:29 AM
Your not going to just automatically get a switch-in that gives you a set-up turn. You have to earn it and watch for your chances. Can you afford to try and set-up on that aggressive Terrakion? No... you need to kill it or run it off. Try to set-up later on something else.

My Breloom is never hurting for holes to come in and set-up on. Then again, hes Breloom, and just all around better than you.
---
Official Togekiss of the BW2 Boards
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd