This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help for a Blind Pokemon Player

#1VaidhePosted 11/18/2012 4:00:09 PM
Hi there,

The topic says it all...well, almost. I'm considering purchasing Black 2 or White 2, or Black or White...I'm just not sure which.

I'm aware both games have lots of puzzles and stuff in them, but I also know both versions (version 1 and version 2 I mean) are hugely different geographically.

So what I'd like to know is this: as far as puzzles, getting around and interactions go, which game is easier to play? I don't, after all, want to get a game I can't play much of.

To put it in perspective, I can beat Ruby or Sapphire without any sighted assistance, can beat Emerald with help only in the seventh gym, have beaten Fire Red and Leaf Green with minimal sighted help, and save the seventh and eighth gyms I dealt fairly easily with Diamond. Heart gold and soul silver I didn't go too deeply into...I remember the veritable trial of the Ice Path, and that was awful.

If someone who knows these games fairly well can give me some tips and pointers as far as which version is better, or if either is even likely to be playable, please do. Bear in mind, I do not at all use the touch-screen, I use only the pad and buttons. A game isn't unplayable if there are one or two puzzles I will need help with, but if the first of those is very early or if there are more than just a small handful, I'd like to know.
To clarify: a puzzle I find hard is the Ice Path, where you can't hear where you're sliding. A puzzle I can do is something like Crasher Wake's DP gym puzzle, or the ice puzzle in Emerald's final gym (there are walkthroughs to help me). I need some sort of idea what I'm interacting with and what it's doing, and the more sounds, the better.

Thanks in advance.
#2SaintZetsuPosted 11/18/2012 4:04:10 PM
I.. have so many questions.
---
"When your wallet is ashes, then you will have my permission to die."-Tetsuya Nomura
#3MugilokoPosted 11/18/2012 4:05:17 PM
I would ask for tl;dr, but i think it isn't possible.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards
#4ZeldaFreak91Posted 11/18/2012 4:08:08 PM
I'm not sure if this is a joke topic or not because I remember seeing an almost identical post back when Diamond and Pearl came out that turned out to be a joke :/
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 3095 1483 6028
Pokemon White FC: 1892 6837 5505
#5TehTrumpCardPosted 11/18/2012 4:09:06 PM
The only difficult puzzles I can think of is the Plasma Frigate puzzles because you need to warp around and the type a password (yes type the password like how you make up the your name as the player). The password isn't too hard to guess but it isn't always the same (from what I've heard).

The only other hard thing I think would be Victory Road since it isn't as straightforward as it was in BW1.

Other than that, the game isn't painfully difficult.

Seeing as your blind, you may run into some problems completing Clay's gym as some of the escalators you use have the ability to loop you back to somewhere you've already been.
---
"Set your dreams high, and make them come true. You can aim higher than this, much higher!"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#6uuurrrgghPosted 11/18/2012 4:13:57 PM
Whoah, A blind person venturing into the lair of pokemon, i'm impressed :o
As for questions, getting out of frozen opelucid without fly (or eaven traversing it) is hell on pokearth.
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#7wutzgoodPosted 11/18/2012 4:14:56 PM
ZeldaFreak91 posted...
I'm not sure if this is a joke topic or not because I remember seeing an almost identical post back when Diamond and Pearl came out that turned out to be a joke :/

Ok im glad I'm not the only one that got déjà vu when I read this.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#8glitchunter75Posted 11/18/2012 4:17:12 PM
uuurrrggh posted...
As for questions, getting out of frozen opelucid without fly (or eaven traversing it) is hell on pokearth.

Pokemon Black 2/White 2: Revenge of the Ice Puzzles
---
The World Ends With You 2 in 2012? I sure hope so!
Official Shiny Victini of the Pokemon B/W 2 and PMD: MMM boards.
#9uuurrrgghPosted 11/18/2012 4:19:18 PM
glitchunter75 posted...
uuurrrggh posted...

... this remind me of Star Wars so much XD
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#10MugilokoPosted 11/18/2012 4:19:22 PM
glitchunter75 posted...
uuurrrggh posted...

Not while i'm here!

*gets mono fire team*
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards