This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does gen IV have any redeeming qualities?

#11Ku-Ri-BohPosted 11/19/2012 1:37:47 AM
Arceus
Cynthia
Music (johto and sinnoh have the best imo)
#12ExiledfmrealityPosted 11/19/2012 1:41:36 AM
Spark_Flash posted...
wind64a posted...
The incredible size and diversity of the Sinnoh region.

Half that region was dominated by a mountain range. Hoenn was more varied.

However, Gen 4 gave us:
1. The Physical/Special Split
2. The Pokeathlon
3. Seals
4. The Physical/Special Split

Seals were such a ****ing waste of ****ing time. The fact that you had to detach each seal individually before putting a Pokemon in a box - instead of just automatically doing it - made it the most useless thing to ever come out of a Pokemon game, behind the Old Rod.
---
Platinum FC: 0475 0911 6895 Name: Cassie
Diamond FC: 3266 7471 2175 Name: Judith
#13AugustDreamingPosted 11/19/2012 1:44:53 AM
Exiledfmreality posted...
Seals were such a ****ing waste of ****ing time. The fact that you had to detach each seal individually before putting a Pokemon in a box - instead of just automatically doing it - made it the most useless thing to ever come out of a Pokemon game, behind the Old Rod.

Seals are a really cool idea, but having to detach them is a pain. I would use them all the time if I didn't have to do that.
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#14Lethal13Posted 11/19/2012 3:58:53 AM
HeartGold and SoulSilver
Cynthia
Physical/Special Split
Pokeathlon

and for something that gen v still doesn't have

Rematches with gym leaders that a have atleast 5 pokemon on their team (5 in platinum and 6 in HGSS) that are actually worth EXP

more things i could add but they're my top 5
#15BenzychenzPosted 11/19/2012 4:05:30 AM
The TC's post makes me think they mean the Pokemon themselves rather than game mechanics. In which case, no. No it did not.
---
I don't have a sig
#16SephirothtPosted 11/19/2012 4:11:26 AM
I must agree with Benzychenz. I'm not saying gen 4 Pokemon were bad, but I have noticed that it has the least Pokemon that actually catch my interest.
---
Officially faved Ninetales on the B2 Board
Retired Executive.
#17Ku-Ri-BohPosted 11/19/2012 4:14:23 AM
Lethal13 posted...
HeartGold and SoulSilver
Cynthia
Physical/Special Split
Pokeathlon

and for something that gen v still doesn't have

Rematches with gym leaders that a have atleast 5 pokemon on their team (5 in platinum and 6 in HGSS) that are actually worth EXP

more things i could add but they're my top 5

I honestly prefer the way they do it now. Through PWT, the gym leaders live out for their titles as they're ACTUALLY challenging. Unlike the laughable breeze-throughable and forgettable post-game fillers. You win BP for TMs and items you cant otherwise buy with money too
#18SlimeStackPosted 11/19/2012 4:37:38 AM
If we're talking about just the Pokémon themselves, then I actually really liked the selection. It has great starters, and while a lot of the Pokémon don't really stand out, I really like all of the evolutions to older Pokémon. Togekiss and the like are now far more viable than ever before.
---
Pokemon Black Version 2:
Sean - 1163 7615 1957
#19SilverSaint7Posted 11/19/2012 5:01:06 AM
How come nobody ever mentions that Gen 4 brought us wifi battling and trading? They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it beats the dark ages of having to use link cables and having to *shudder* actually meet each other.
---
My swagger brings all the scrubs to the yard.
#20KasuminPosted 11/19/2012 6:18:49 AM
SilverSaint7 posted...
How come nobody ever mentions that Gen 4 brought us wifi battling and trading? They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it beats the dark ages of having to use link cables and having to *shudder* actually meet each other.

This man speaks the truth. Even moreso than the Physical/Special split, I think the introduction of wifi battling and trading is gen 4's most important new feature.
---
"Data should behave as such!" ~ Luther Lansfeld, Star Ocean 3