This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You think we will ever get uncut blu rays of the old seasons?

#1Capitan_KidPosted 11/19/2012 7:26:06 PM
That'd be a dream come true.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#2Solar_CrimsonPosted 11/19/2012 7:28:21 PM
Unlikely, and what exactly would there be to be uncut aside from those banned episodes that they have effective buried?
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#3PkmTrainerAbramPosted 11/19/2012 7:46:34 PM
Aside from the music, original characterizations being intact and the cultural references not being cut?
---
Currently playing: Capcom VS SNK 2(Gamecube), Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN)
#4sailorpetePosted 11/19/2012 7:53:43 PM
There are no BDs of pokemon even in Japan also there is no chance of an uncut release because Nintendo of America doesn't care more than likely to actually do it
---
"Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack" Vegeta Dragon Ball Z Claims 'Hayate Yagami' KSErin fans: 7
#5Capitan_Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 2:19:27 PM
sailorpete posted...
There are no BDs of pokemon even in Japan also there is no chance of an uncut release because Nintendo of America doesn't care more than likely to actually do it

Seriously? No blu rays? Wtf nintendo. Do they at least make dvds?
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#6AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 11/20/2012 4:23:39 PM
To bring in the "original characterizations", they'd have to re-dub the anime...Which would be a pretty big financial and time commitment to them. They probably wouldn't deem it worthwhile.

I do find it odd they haven't just released box seasons on DVD of the old season, though. Surely there's a market for it.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#7Tortus2Posted 11/20/2012 4:51:43 PM(edited)
AirBorneCoffeeT posted...
To bring in the "original characterizations", they'd have to re-dub the anime...Which would be a pretty big financial and time commitment to them. They probably wouldn't deem it worthwhile.

I do find it odd they haven't just released box seasons on DVD of the old season, though. Surely there's a market for it.

They have done. They're not blue ray, though. In fact, the only DVDs they're missing are of the Johto Journeys and Johto League Champions as they are now out of print in the U.S. They weren't box sets though. Thankfully, I own the Australian box sets of those. Most of my Pokemon DVDs are American though, as box sets or DVDs in general (excluding movies) haven't been released in the U.K.

Currently, the only box sets in the U.S. are:

Indigo League
Orange League
Masted Quest
Advance Battle
Battle Frontier

Also, all of Diamond and Pearl has been released on DVD and they seem to be currently releasing Best Wishes.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351
#8BenzychenzPosted 11/20/2012 4:57:05 PM
I own DVD box sets up to the end of Johto (yay Australia).
I don't care for the anime past that so I haven't bought more.
---
I don't have a sig