This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do people usually use Kingdra?

#11darkdragonflamePosted 11/20/2012 2:36:31 AM
sajoir2 posted...
Note that drizzle swift swim is only out if you use smogon rules. If for battle subway, or for the national championship regional in January you can drizzle swift swim all you want.

PO also banned Drizzle + Swift Swim...

Also Drizzle + Swift Swim Sub Disable Kingdra is fun
Something like this
Kingdra @ Leftovers
Swift Swim
Adamant
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Substitute
Disable
Waterfall
Outrage
---
The Official Interceptor of the Duodecim Boards
The Official Zangoose of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards
#12GhetsisPosted 11/20/2012 4:20:17 AM
Cpt_Calamity posted...
I beat a guy in 2:04 with Kingdra, no strategies, just fighting as hard as I could.

Was your Kingdra named Ganon?
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#13DonniedonzPosted 11/20/2012 4:31:15 AM
Specs Kingdra is rarely used but HIGHLY underrated. Draco Meteor and Hydro Pump let it seriously wreck things.
---
"Garbodor is a fat little goose." - Metua
#14TanyaGD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:17:59 AM
Donniedonz posted...
Specs Kingdra is rarely used but HIGHLY underrated. Draco Meteor and Hydro Pump let it seriously wreck things.

Yeah I went with a Special Kingdra. I just like Special Pokemon better than Physicals.
---
PSN= ss1006
Black 2 FC: 0777-2155-1737
#15glitchunter75Posted 11/20/2012 11:22:26 AM
The Kingdra I use a mainly a special attacker. My main team is split 50/50 between physical (Metagross, Mamoswine, Mienshao) and special attackers (Zapdos, Volcarona, Kingdra) for adaptability. It also acts as a Rain Team counter, along with my Zapdos' Thunder and Volcarona's Hurricane.
---
The World Ends With You 2 in 2012? I sure hope so!
Official Shiny Victini of the Pokemon B/W 2 and PMD: MMM boards.
#16shadowreaper7Posted 11/20/2012 11:24:55 AM
I myself have gone along the lines of a Bulky variant (focusing on the special side of things)

Rest
Sleeptalk
Hydropump
Draco meteor

Provided rain is up, you can almost always get in the first rest with a little speed investment, and with 75/95/95 defences, its nothing to be sniffed at.
Its a little different to what is expected and it only really has to worry about other dragons, and provided the right speed investment is used, Draco meteor can usually deal with anything not called multiscale dragonite.

It may be outclassed in a few ways by physical orientated and special orientated attackers, but i still like my variation of kingdra.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper