This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RMT for VGC Regionals in January Please

#1sajoir2Posted 11/20/2012 5:31:41 AM
OK here we go I have put a lot of thought into these 6 pokemon and I think they work. The VGC is played in doubles so it would be easier to set up.

This is a Drizzle Team and I hope to win. I know its a little over done, but its a really good strategy.

OK here we go

Politoed
Drizzle
Modest
EV's: SpA 252 HP 252 SD 4
Choice Specs
Scald
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Protect/???

Role: Starts Rain and can be a decent Special Attacker

Seismitoad
Swift Swim
Modest
EV's: SpA: 252 HP 96 SD 160
Life Orb
Scald
Earth Power
Stealth Rock
Toxic

Role: Thinking about pairing with Politoed as the lead for SR set up and can dish out some damage or switch out to another pokemon

Scizor
Technician
Adamant
EV's HP 248 AT 252 SD 8
Choice Band
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite/???
U-Turn
Superpower

Role: Take out grass types that will hurt me with U-Turn

Dragonite
Multiscale
Mild
EV's AT 76 SpA 252 SD 180
Item not sure maybe Leftovers
Hurricane
Thunder
Aqua Tail/Dragon Tail/Earthquake
Roost

Role: Kick butt with some style

Rotom-Wash
Levitate
Modest
EV's HP 184 DF 4 SpA 144 SD 176
Item not sure
Volt Switch/Thunder
Hydro Pump
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split

Role: Can pair with Dragonite if I decide to use earthquake and can deal stabbed Thunders or just Volt Switch out to kill water pokemon.

Huntail
Swift Swim
Naughty by Nature (couldn't resist)
EV's AT 252 SpA 4 SD 252
White Herb
Waterfall
Crunch
Ice Beam
Shell Smash

Role: Mixed Sweeper with an emphasis on Physical but he no slouch on the special side. Just one Shell Smash and he can rock and roll.

Other pokemon I could replace these with

Kabutops
Ludicolo
Gastrodon
Omastar
Kingdra
Carracosta

I know there are others. Please tell me what you think, I am open to all comment and suggestions if they are polite. Thanks in advance.
---
White 2 FC: 3311 2748 2671
RIP my Xbox 360: Died 1/24/12 you lived a long and good life i will miss you ( but not your flashing red light.)
#2MugilokoPosted 11/20/2012 5:35:39 AM
Kingdra > Huntail

Ludicolo > Seismitoad

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Adamant
Swift Swim

Waterfall
Substitute
Dragon Dance
Outrage

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Rain Dish

Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Protect
Surf
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards
#3sajoir2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 5:47:59 AM
Does Ludicolo really need 3 Auto heals per turn?
---
RIP my Xbox 360: Died 1/24/12 you lived a long and good life i will miss you ( but not your flashing red light.)
#4KaphoticsPosted 11/20/2012 6:10:18 AM(edited)
lol @ still using a rain centric team

none of them really fared well in the San Jose regional I went to; everyone (that is good) knows how to deal with them.

The second you get trick roomed you're done for. Plus you can't always guarantee that your rain will stay up; if it looks like you'll lead with Toad your opponent will usually lead with his slower sandstorm/hail or trickroom setup.
---
AIM: Kaphotics
2.ly/5thGenRNGResearchThread
#5MugilokoPosted 11/20/2012 6:34:11 AM
sajoir2 posted...
Does Ludicolo really need 3 Auto heals per turn?

No, but it's fun using Leftovers + Rain Dish + Leech Seed + Giga Drain.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards
#6sajoir2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 7:29:00 AM
Thanks. More feedback would be nice.

By the way if I see they have a Ninetails, T-Tar or Hippowdon I dont have to lead with Politoed. I could lead with Scizor and Dragonite and take those guys out then U-Turn into Politoed. Trick Room could be a problem Ill have to think about that.
---
#7CWtennisPosted 11/20/2012 9:12:47 AM
It looks like you are entering this RMT with a lot of singles background and in all honesty, the VGC metagame is totally different. First thing that stuck out is SR and Toxic, don't bother with either. SR doesn't have the same effect as singles, less switching, less mons. Toxic CAN work but very rarely as VGC matches are very fast paced. Also there's no reason why you can't although I would avoid having any more than one choiced user as the need to change moves is much more important in doubles.

The other thing is having a dedicated team can be fatal unless you have solid ways of keeping it, in this case rain. Politoed is great and I may be forgetting but I don't see a rain dance user which I would also use. Ttar is everywhere in VGC and if you run rain you can guarantee to see them in their pick of 4.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#8pokemon2pokerPosted 11/20/2012 9:27:45 AM
I lose faith in people whenever I see Politoed as the first pokemon mentioned in a vgc rmt.

Which regionals are you going to?
---
My face flashing crimson from the fires of hell
Know where to run before there's nowhere to run
#9sajoir2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 9:45:06 AM
OK, I see your point about SR and Toxic. As far as T-Tar goes can he stand up to Scizor using Superpower? Could Toxicroak be a good counter to him with a Stabbed Drain Punch/Cross Chop?

I was thinking about using Carracosta to replace someone on my team. Not sure yet.

I would think most people would assume that if I am running a Drizzle team that he would have Swift Swim and Shell Smash. To beat a trick room team I could use him with Sturdy and Curse with Waterfall and Stone Edge. If I see a classic Trick Room setup I can put him in as one of the 4 and if/when they Trick Room U-Turn/Volt Switch or just switch out to Carracosta and deal some damage.
---
#10shadowreaper7Posted 11/20/2012 10:03:43 AM
sajoir2 posted...
OK, I see your point about SR and Toxic. As far as T-Tar goes can he stand up to Scizor using Superpower? Could Toxicroak be a good counter to him with a Stabbed Drain Punch/Cross Chop?

I was thinking about using Carracosta to replace someone on my team. Not sure yet.

I would think most people would assume that if I am running a Drizzle team that he would have Swift Swim and Shell Smash. To beat a trick room team I could use him with Sturdy and Curse with Waterfall and Stone Edge. If I see a classic Trick Room setup I can put him in as one of the 4 and if/when they Trick Room U-Turn/Volt Switch or just switch out to Carracosta and deal some damage.

I don't think Tyranitar will stand up to Scizor w/super power, the 120 BP and the crippling 4X weakness will likely finish even the bulkiest defensive variant of TTar's off, but without running damage calcs (and the BP is from memory) i can't say for certain, but i'm certainly saying an opponent shouldn't be leaving a TTar in on a scizor unless he knows he can survive a Bullet punch, and can OHKO with something (namely Fire blast)
Technician bug bite
Super power
and even Banded bullet punch will cause problems for him.

Trick room will still cause you problems because you have one pokemon to deal with it. Carracosta, and as soon as an opposing pokemon with a grass type special move comes in you're done.
Furthermore, this is doubles and so Sturdy is far less reliable due to a nice thing i enjoy which is the pairing of a Ground and Electric type which can cause chaos for opposing leading pairs with EQ & Discharge.
I'm especially fond of using a Moxie Gyarados to bait in Electric attacks to, before swapping for either an Electric type (Namely my Electivire) or a Ground type.
Its relatively predictable, but with two possibilites in switch ins, its alot more beneficial.

But anyways back to why trick room will cause you problems. you either need something which can stop it outright, or wreck havoc in it. But i don't see Carracosta as being the right pokemon for this job, because although it benefits from rain.
It just seems too frail even with sturdy because a double team of attacks will likely remove it.

In a rain team before now i've actually given a Starmie trick room as security in place of recover. It has been amusing to predict when they'll set up trick room, so i have starmie use it to immediately cancel the affects.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper