This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is giving Tyranitar Screech a viable option?

#1CrystalKing5426Posted 11/20/2012 11:39:45 AM
Obviously using stat reducing moves on an opponent is almost always a stupid idea becuase they can just switch out, but in this case that's what I'm counting on. In addition to heavily encouraging a switch, which would more importantly lead to an uber-powerful Pursuit. While I'm sure that this idea has been thought of before, I never see anyone using this idea and might be able to catch the opponent off guard becuase of how rare it is..
#2MrFingers07Posted 11/20/2012 11:41:32 AM
If you want to force things out then why not try Roar?
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#3CrystalKing5426(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:43:01 AM
MrFingers07 posted...

not to force it, but to encourage it to then hit with a heavily buffed Pursuit.
#4Soanevalcke6Posted 11/20/2012 11:43:35 AM
MrFingers07 posted...

because You can't Pursuit a Roar
---
Qualities I look for in games: Music, Atmosphere, and Exploration.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#5coreekymonPosted 11/20/2012 11:43:57 AM
MrFingers07 posted...

Because he wants to trick them into switching out so he can get off a powerful pursuit. Not really sure how well it will work but why not just try it?
---
Please check out my blog/guide to competitive pokemon at pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com
#6CWtennisPosted 11/20/2012 11:44:21 AM
Seems kinda gimmicky but with Pursuit it's actually super plausible. So long as the opponent isn't a huge threat to TTar.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#7WolfJouninPosted 11/20/2012 11:50:04 AM(edited)
Why not just use Crunch twice? I like the idea behind it, but it seems overly gimmicky with very little reward over x2 crunch or 1 crunch and 1 persuit considering you are relying on your opponent actually switching out. Tyranitar isn't faster than most things without a scarf anyways, and if you're using this combo, you can't use a scarf.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#8Kaze_MemaryuPosted 11/20/2012 12:09:24 PM
WolfJounin posted...
Why not just use Crunch twice? I like the idea behind it, but it seems overly gimmicky with very little reward over x2 crunch or 1 crunch and 1 persuit considering you are relying on your opponent actually switching out. Tyranitar isn't faster than most things without a scarf anyways, and if you're using this combo, you can't use a scarf.

To me, it does make sense, but it's a very tricky mindgame tactic. If the opponent switches out, Tyranitar will get a free hit in - but if not, he'll just waste a turn.

Just try it out, TC. If enough people fall for it, keep it up. But theo thers are righ, it's more risky than it's worth it.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#9WolfJouninPosted 11/20/2012 12:14:26 PM
The other problem is he isn't fast without scarf, and is likely to die in 2 hits given his weaknesses, so he'll be a free kill for -2 def. The best case scenario is switching in Tyranitar on something it scares, and using screech. Problem is, if it is something Tyranitar can already kill, why use Screech at that point instead of Pursuit? If you do use Screech and they swap in the next thing, chances are it'll kill Tyranitar before it can do anything, because they swapped in to do so, and then they'll swap out... but as said, you can use it if you want. Its your Tyranitar.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#10HydroDragonPosted 11/20/2012 12:21:13 PM
Dragon Dance is better.
---
PSN/X-Box:- HydroDragon95
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154