This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Curious: if Garbodor and Vanniluxe were never conceptialized...

#21Soanevalcke6Posted 11/20/2012 2:32:45 PM
Garbodor and Vanilluxe are two of the best pokemon this generation. Removing them would make this Gen worse.
---
Qualities I look for in games: Music, Atmosphere, and Exploration.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#22Bass50Posted 11/20/2012 4:02:58 PM
TectonicImprov posted...
I don't get the Vanilluxe and Garbodor hate. The Grimer line is living sewer waste given life by radiation, the Voltorb line is a ball, I don't know what the **** the Gulpin line is...

Seriously, anyone who has a beef with either and then turns around to praise the other lines based off inanimate objects are Geewuner trolls just trying to start ****; unless they give a legitimate reason why these two suck. Something like Muk has better stats than Garbodor. I can't see a problem with Vanilluxe though; it's a solid Ice type with a decent moveset and stats. Granted, everybody is entitled to their opinion but if the reason they give is "a living trash bag and ice cream cone, that's stupid" they're trolling.

and posting this again since nobody seems to notice it: http://tinyurl.com/6fyvds8

Now, all arguments against gen V Pokémon are invalidated

Oh right, of course. Gen 5 is shielded from all criticisms because you posted a hypothetical situation of what may happen in a certain situation, good one.

I believe they're pointing out the fact that Gen 1 had just as many pokemon designs that were weird/freaky as Gen 5 and that if any of the Gen 5 designs existed in place of Gen 1 designs and vice versa(for example, switch Grimer and Trubbish) than there would be just as many people trolling about how Grimer isn't as good as Trubbish because it's not in the same generation.

Nobody said it's shielded from all criticisms, but criticizing certain pokemon because "Gen 1 wuz better" is bull.
#23360pagesPosted 11/20/2012 4:13:25 PM
I dislike Garbordor because it looks ugly, a trash can pokemon would have been cool, but as it is now....eh.

Don't really care for Vanniluxe one way or another.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#24Unknown ForcePosted 11/20/2012 4:27:07 PM
How can people hate Vanillluxe?
---
You kids better behave or your parents might get you a Skuntank someday!
I don't just care, I ObamaCare.
#25ColtCababaPosted 11/20/2012 4:39:22 PM
ItsCrackerJack posted...
Every gen has some, so probably. I love my nostalgia but Mr. Mime, Aipom and Chimecho can go to hell.

Why Aipom? It isn't bad. Though, Mr. Mime can be pretty terrible.
---
"Homework is for squares. Like pants." -Turner
Official Cradily of the Pokemon Black 2 Boards and Bianca's Official Future Husband
#26Meta289Posted 11/20/2012 4:40:07 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Garbodor and Vanilluxe are two of the best pokemon this generation. Removing them would make this Gen worse.

---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#27Natsume_Tien7Posted 11/20/2012 4:44:06 PM
The few posts in this topic say a lot....it tells me that nobody is right or wrong with this sort of thing. SOMEONE out there is going to love Dunsparce (just an example) and think he's the greatest ever, and in turn someone is going to think him the worst. Gen 5 lovers aren't all just little kids, Gen 1 lovers aren't all just elitist snobs. Geez people.
---
"Don't be single-minded. It will only serve to bind you later on."
- Faust
#28KrisipokePosted 11/20/2012 4:44:46 PM
I really, I mean REALLY like Vanilluxe and Garbodor, actually. But then again, I think Gen 5 turned out to be really great overall.

Valilluxe is just cool, and has so much going for it. It has like every snow/ice related in it, and I just like how it looks. Its stats are really good, too, but I guess haters don't care about that.

Garbodor is ingenious. Have you ever heard about air pollution? Of course. Water pollution? Yes. Land pollution? Most certainly. You could say these are the 3 big pollutions in the world, right? Okay, about the next part, if you haven't noticed this before, I'm just going to blow your mind. Weezing. It's a pure poison type, and evolves from a single, pure poison type Pokémon by leveling up. Also, it can float, smog is coming out of it all the time, and uses it to attack often. You could say it represents air pollution overall. Okay, Muk. Again, a pure poison type, evolving from a single, pure poison type Pokémon by leveling up. It's just a bunch of toxic sludge that moves. It also lives in water, of course. It represents water pollution. Okay, 15 years later... we have Garbodor. It's a pure poison type Pokémon that evolves from a single, pure poison type by leveling up. It's basically a big trash bag that had so much trash in it that it has torn and now trash is falling out of it everywhere. You know what it represents? Land pollution, yes. So finally, after so much time, Muk and Weezing got their third, much needed counterpart. Oh, they roughly evolve at the same level, and have the same base stat total as well.
---
Goemon, Simon Belmont, Mega Man, Paper Mario, Alex Roivas, Isaac, and Prince Sabure for SSB4!
http://www.backloggery.com/krisi
#29EHeroHaneKuriboPosted 11/20/2012 4:44:58 PM
Gen V was a fantastic set of Pokemon. Gen III, on the other hand... Ew.
#30Sebas27Posted 11/20/2012 4:46:34 PM
360pages posted...
I dislike Garbordor because it looks ugly, a trash can pokemon would have been cool, but as it is now....eh.

Don't really care for Vanniluxe one way or another.

Y'know, I wonder if Garbodor looke like that trash boss from the N64 toy story game.