This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Color Change...failed?!

#1AceTrainerJimPosted 11/20/2012 4:09:41 PM
So, here's the story: earlier today, I started training my Nidoking in Black Tower. On Area 3, it battled a couple Kecleon. In both battles, the 1st move I had Nidoking use was Earth Power, and in both instances, the attack took Kecleon into the red and Color Change never activated. Does anyone have any idea why Color Change didn't activate? If it helps, my Nidoking, like most others of its species, has Sheer Force as its ability.
---
Pokemon White Friend Code: 0561 6229 8401; Jimmy
#2demonofspartaPosted 11/20/2012 4:25:05 PM
sheer force doesnt let color change activate
---
PSN: demonofsparta. SSF4AE--Oni. JJBAHD--Dio Brando. UMvC3 team--Haggar-FF3, Hulk-Green King, Akuma-.Cyber Akuma
white2 FC 3526-0179-9641
#3MrFingers07Posted 11/20/2012 4:25:54 PM
IIRC Sheer Force boosted moves don't cause Color Change. Yea, it's weird, lol
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#4AceTrainerJim(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 4:35:22 PM
Well, that explains it. Thanks, guys! And I agree with MrFingers07, that makes no sense...
---
Pokemon White Friend Code: 0561 6229 8401; Jimmy
#5reaverzPosted 11/20/2012 4:36:00 PM
Sheer Force has this glitch in its coding that doesn't let it activate Color Change or incur Life Orb damage on moves it affects.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6t3hNubPosted 11/20/2012 4:55:26 PM
Presumably it counts them as "secondary effects" like burn or flinching. It might be less glitch and more an oversight in code placement/reference.
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#7Missingno_MastrPosted 11/20/2012 4:56:36 PM
reaverz posted...
Sheer Force has this glitch in its coding that doesn't let it activate Color Change or incur Life Orb damage on moves it affects.

It was never proven that the Life Orb thing was actually a glitch.
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#8fire_starter05Posted 11/20/2012 5:01:58 PM
reaverz posted...

I did not know this.
---
This is why Deoxys is uber: http://i.imgur.com/qHEQt
This is a picture of some cute kittens: http://i.imgur.com/wfdOk
#9ColtCababaPosted 11/20/2012 5:22:36 PM
reaverz posted...

I'm pretty sure the Life Orb thing isn't a glitch. If it is, then Game Freak would have noticed it like the thing with Sky Drop and Gravity. Now, if there is still no Life Orb damage from Sheer Force in 6 Gen, it is not a glitch.
---
"Homework is for squares. Like pants." -Turner
Official Cradily of the Pokemon Black 2 Boards and Bianca's Official Future Husband
#10reaverzPosted 11/20/2012 8:32:09 PM
You'd be hard-pressed to argue that exempting Life Orb damage only when a move is boosted by Sheer Force was intentional. It doesn't fit anywhere within the ability's mechanics (if it did, then why doesn't Sheer Force remove recoil from Double Edge, etc.?). In all likelihood it is a coding mistake that also happened to affect Color Change.

Even if they noticed it, they wouldn't have fixed in BW2 since it would cause problems when battling BW cartridges. It's the same reason why Sky Drop is still banned in BW2.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]