This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type do you think will be dominant next gen?

#111qaqa1Posted 11/21/2012 12:12:32 PM
Flying

SR becomes a rock pokemon only move.
---
Piplup is the best character on pokemon.
#12SilverSaint7Posted 11/21/2012 12:18:46 PM
The optimist in me says poison.
---
My swagger brings all the scrubs to the yard.
#13DarkBlueAntPosted 11/21/2012 12:37:01 PM
Sebas27 posted...
Gen 5 should be bugs. I think this type got a MAJOR buff this gen

As a Bug trainer, I gotta question where you got that idea. Unless you're only talking about Volcarona and Genesect. Most of the powerful bugs only get by because their second type is one of the best (Steel or Fighting). Bug type on it's own is pretty mediocre, even with Quiver Dance. Most Bug Types end up with a shoddy move list relying on X-Scissor. Not to mention how many have terrible types like Bug/Flying, Bug/Poison, or Bug/Grass. Bug isn't the worst type, but to say it's better than Dragon, Steel, or Fighting is insane.

But I think Gen 6 is going to be Ice. Why? Because I'm randomly guessing, that's why. With absolutely no evidence I'm going to say they're going to buff Hail and a new ability will give you 50% freezes using Ice moves in Hail.
#14P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 11/21/2012 12:43:04 PM
Hopefully Water types will be given a rebirth, but I'd be satisfied if more Grass types were useful competitively
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#15Noblesse_ObligePosted 11/21/2012 1:15:45 PM
DarkBlueAnt posted...
Sebas27 posted...

As a Bug trainer, I gotta question where you got that idea. Unless you're only talking about Volcarona and Genesect. Most of the powerful bugs only get by because their second type is one of the best (Steel or Fighting). Bug type on it's own is pretty mediocre, even with Quiver Dance. Most Bug Types end up with a shoddy move list relying on X-Scissor. Not to mention how many have terrible types like Bug/Flying, Bug/Poison, or Bug/Grass. Bug isn't the worst type, but to say it's better than Dragon, Steel, or Fighting is insane.

But I think Gen 6 is going to be Ice. Why? Because I'm randomly guessing, that's why. With absolutely no evidence I'm going to say they're going to buff Hail and a new ability will give you 50% freezes using Ice moves in Hail.

Stealth rock would be more important than ever. And fighting would still vie for dominance in an ice environment. Barring a stealth rock nerf, or some seriously bulky ice types who can take a Mach punch or two, I can't see ice rising that much. But that would really depend on the shiny new toys gen 6 brings. It's entirely possible.
#16JoJoX200Posted 11/21/2012 1:38:35 PM
I'm guessing Ice too. My reasoning:

GF will think of new stuff to add and what to buff(in Gen V the buffed Bug type and Sandstream i.e.). They'll come to Ice type(this being the type with the most problems), make some overkill new ice mon or ability(I'd really love a crit centered ice type), give hail an additional effect. Of course, one or the other will likely get banned in the Smogon meta after 2-3 months :D
#17Sebas27Posted 11/21/2012 1:46:39 PM
DarkBlueAnt posted...
Sebas27 posted...

I'm not. I'm just saying that bugs have gotten good this Gen.
#18Evanescent-BluePosted 11/21/2012 1:51:38 PM
Sebas27 posted...
DarkBlueAnt posted...
Sebas27 posted...

I'm not. I'm just saying that bugs have gotten good this Gen.

But for them to be the dominant type that gen, they'd have to be the best one that gen.
---
"A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."
That Halo is a pretty cool guy, eh?
#19electric_emuPosted 11/21/2012 1:52:25 PM
It's difficult to say when you don't know what Gen VI looks like... but Dragons will probably always remain powerful. I know Fighting gets the nod this generation, but Dragons are a solid second place and I don't see them going anywhere.
#20chaocrossPosted 11/21/2012 1:54:47 PM
poison
---
The goat is an artificial roadblock designed to get you on a monorail. -Davzz