This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type do you think will be dominant next gen?

#21infinitexxPosted 11/21/2012 1:57:27 PM
Ice? Are they going to overhaul the type entirely? Because it has a number of crippling weaknesses. It's not like it is poor offensively.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#22Pram_the_OraclePosted 11/22/2012 11:59:00 PM
... just got a crazy idea.

Ice types (and Ice-types only) get a physical Ice Move with 100 Power and Accuracy... and changes the targets type into Ice.
---
Aww, I lost to SuperNiceDog, Winner of the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest
#23MarbiaachPosted 11/23/2012 12:11:30 AM
We need another frozen/snowy area in the game. We had one for a while in this game (What with frozen Opelucid and all) but I really liked Snowpoint in D/P/Pt.
---
Black 2 FC: 0777 2092 3156 Marvin.
#24DemiseEndPosted 11/23/2012 12:46:50 AM
Spiega posted...
Gen 1 = Psychic/Normal
Gen 2 = Steel
Gen 3 = Water
Gen 4 = Dragon
Gen 5 = Water

At least, to my knowledge.

In my opinion

Gen 1 is both because Normal make up the offense, Psychic make up the supporter

Gen 2 because it is dominant enough to make normals not as good as it used to be and there is no other crazy good type anyway....

Gen 3 because Suicune, but in general Ground is pretty huge as well

Gen 4.... Draco Meteor

I chose Water for gen 5 because the meta has never been as ******ed as the Broken Trio metagame. Even Volt Switch has a rather major water involvements. Fighting has never been a real dominant force until recenty(back then people was like Conkeldurr omg hit so hard, despite the fact that it carried less immediate power than even Machamp in term of common sets. Lol who's laughing now)

So, based on this, I say Water yet again in gen 6 if a massive nerf is not issued. Water is just that good.
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#25MileRunPosted 11/23/2012 2:11:05 AM
Pram_the_Oracle posted...
... just got a crazy idea.

Ice types (and Ice-types only) get a physical Ice Move with 100 Power and Accuracy... and changes the targets type into Ice.

That move would be awful. The biggest downside of being an Ice-type at the moment is having to switch into Stealth Rock without realistically being able to resist the opponent's attacks. Since type-changing effects disappear when a Pokemon switches out, a Pokemon hit with this attack won't suffer quite as much as a natural Ice-type.

Furthermore, by using this attack, you're ensuring that the opponent will be able to resist your primary STAB on subsequent turns, and very few Ice-types have access to decently-powered moves that hit Ice super-effectively (with Mamo, Cloyster, and arguably Weavile being the only ones I can think of at the moment). In the mean time, the opponent will be enjoying immunity to Hail and the Freeze status.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#26Pram_the_OraclePosted 11/23/2012 2:21:37 AM
Oh, type changes disappear on the switch? Nevermind.
---
Aww, I lost to SuperNiceDog, Winner of the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest
#27EdwardoMario16Posted 11/25/2012 9:52:00 PM(edited)
Ice. Not only does it need it, it deserves it.

It's been the literal punching bag for generations now. Ice has steadily gotten weaker, while everyone else got buffed, including the types it's weak to. Ice really needs something to give it it's own special edge against it's weaknesses.

Poison doesn't need a buff. It already has several niches and powerful moves.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
#28ThunderBlade5Posted 11/25/2012 9:55:05 PM
I hope it is ice as well. I was really disappointed that we only got three new ice type Pokemon and every single one of them is pure.

With all the new type combinations you would think ice could have gotten one.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#29Why_Is_PurplePosted 11/25/2012 11:01:24 PM
ThunderBlade5 posted...
I hope it is ice as well. I was really disappointed that we only got three new ice type Pokemon and every single one of them is pure.

With all the new type combinations you would think ice could have gotten one.

There are actually four to nine Ice-types introduced, depending on how you look at it: there's the three Kyurem, the Vanillish line, Cryogonal, and the Cubchoo line. If you consider the Kyurem as one, there are seven new ones. If you're counting evolutionary lines only, there are four. Total, though, there are nine.
---
IF YOU GO IN THE DIRECTION OF THE ARROW.
3DS Friend Code: 5069-3926-6218
#30leadinteaPosted 11/25/2012 11:05:56 PM
I think it should be Ghost. It tends to get the short end of the stick in every generation when it comes to the number of Ghost type Pokemon and moves introduced.
---
http://enneagames.livejournal.com/559.html