This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type do you think will be dominant next gen?

#31SilverSockPosted 11/26/2012 1:41:57 AM(edited)
I predict Ice will be the bug type of next gen, with some sort of Hail boost like what happened to Sandstorm along with some new Ice types/abilities to go with Hail. All this will make Ice much more viable and common, but not the dominant force.

As for the dominant type, this may be more of a stretch, but I think it may be Flying's time to shine. GF will be looking for new moves to shake things up, maybe a new hazard clearing move or a weather clearing move. When you think about it, what would make more sense than a wind-based move to do it? I wouldn't put it past them to buff up Tailwind a bit, too. All of this would contribute to Flying support, but of course that wouldn't change its offensive standing.

However, with Tornadus breaking the pure-flying barrier, I think we might see some more high-powered wind-based moves like Hurricane as opposed to the bird-based moves like Drill Peck, Roost, Brave Bird, ect, that Flying has largely represented so far. Add in some widespread high-damage moves like hurricane and some good new flying attackers somewhat like Tornadus, and I think it's possible we'd be seeing a whole lot more of them. Combined with the possible nerfing of weather and hazards, and they could be something to be reckoned with.

Then again, what do I know? If they felt like it they could buff up any type to be dominant.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#32MileRunPosted 11/26/2012 1:52:19 AM
leadintea posted...
I think it should be Ghost. It tends to get the short end of the stick in every generation when it comes to the number of Ghost type Pokemon and moves introduced.

I agree with this notion. I like Ghost-types, and they certainly have a lot of potential (mostly from having two nice immunities), but they don't really have the right tools to dominate.

-There are no widely available high-power Ghost attacks.
-The only reliably mid-power Ghost attacks barely qualify as mid-power.
-Gengar and Mismagius are really the only Ghost-type Pokemon with the stats to be a great offensive Pokemon, but their respective offensive movepools are pretty lousy.

I want to see better Ghost-type offense next time around.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#33EdwardoMario16Posted 11/30/2012 10:30:08 PM
Ghost just needs a better Special-Based move. 80-based power Shadow Ball for special attackers isn't quite cutting it anymore with this Power Creep. Hex would've been awesome, except it only deals double damage (100) on statused targets.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
#34TehTrumpCardPosted 11/30/2012 10:37:06 PM
Dark, Steel, and/or Poison.

They haven't been bundled with as many types as I would've liked to have seen.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#35reaverzPosted 11/30/2012 10:55:00 PM
I would be pleasantly surprised if the Ice type was given special attention next gen. A x1.5 boost to Defense to parallel Sandstorm's Sp.Def boost would be nice, but I get the feeling that Gamefreak thinks the 100 Accurate Blizzard is enough to be Hail's counterpart buff.

I would also like to see an Ice type equivalent to Cross Chop and Stone Edge that is only learned by Ice types, with Icicle Crash being widespread among them as well. As it stands, Water types make better use of Ice moves than Ice Pokemon themselves, which is outrageous.

Most of all, however, Ice needs to be paired with the other types that resist Rock. For example, an Ice/Fighting type with great offensive stats and the right moves would almost certainly be OU, much like Mamoswine. Even an Ice/Steel type, what with its glaring quad-weaknesses, could see use as the ultimate switch-in to Outrage or Draco Meteor with the right stats. I'm looking forward to seeing if Gamefreak does anything to redeem the Ice type in Gen 6.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#36EdwardoMario16Posted 12/2/2012 4:15:35 PM
Ice/Steel with it's weaknesses, is still better than Mono-Ice. Yeah, Fire and Fighting will laugh at you, but you have no but the ability to switch into Dragons and murder them is nice. An Ice/Steel with decent stats will be able to handle itself.

Even Ice/Bug would be better than Mono-Ice.

I'd probably say Ice/Anything is better than Mono-Ice.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
#37discodancer77Posted 12/2/2012 4:27:07 PM
Light-type
---
Hi, I'm Better Than You
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3225-3487-1145
#38_____CaitPosted 12/2/2012 4:28:15 PM
Poison
---
Moumoon
#39Rose_MagePosted 12/2/2012 5:39:30 PM
Dark.
---
R ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Official Beth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l