This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your first shiny pokemon

#101oraclelinkPosted 11/23/2012 6:33:45 PM
VectorAgent posted...
Ah, gotcha. Does soft resetting work, though? (Thanks for the tips!)

Only if you save before you get the egg. The stats are generated when it's given to you. The hatching portion is just the game's way of making you wait to find out the inevitable.
---
Anticipated games~ Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Layton vs. Gyakuten, Pikmin 3, Nintendoland
#102sonofkorolPosted 11/23/2012 6:40:02 PM
Got really lucky and got a shiny Zubat in Crystal. I love Crobat, so I mad ehim happy and had a powerhouse shiny.

My girlfriend is awesome and traded me a shiny Gastly she found. <3
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#103LightBlueMistPosted 11/23/2012 6:55:43 PM
I once caught two shiny Rhyhorn in the safari zone in Leaf Green within like 2 weeks of each other.... .__.
---
!_!
#104Tanooki_YoshiPosted 11/23/2012 7:18:38 PM
The first shiny I've caught (beyond the Red Gyarados from Silver) was a shiny Paras in Pokemon Fire Red's Safari Zone.

The second shiny I've caught was a shiny Clefairy in Pokemon Platinum.

And I actually stumbled randomly on one today in White 2's Giant Chasm. A shiny Metang! This last one caught me so off guard (I was merely hunting for a Ditto at the time!) It also was such a pain to catch, but well worth it!
---
Two is company and three is a crowd, four is an unruly mob, big and loud!
#105LegoGarlicBreadPosted 11/23/2012 7:53:21 PM
My first was an Onix on Crystal but in my noobness, I killed it. The first one I caught was a Hoothoot on Heartgold.
---
It makes so much sense, it rhymes.
#106HyrulexplorerPosted 11/28/2012 8:39:32 PM
Finally caught my first shiny today, a Lunatone in the Giant Chasm. I was so excited.

I don't really ever plan on using it, but it is the first shiny I've seen in years, and definitely the first I've ever caught.

I MAY have seen a shiny in the original Silver, but the game deleted itself years ago, and I don't believe I caught it, and can't check anyways. So, basically my shiny list is:

Lunatone (White 2)

I started with Blue version, though I'll admit I haven't played all the games. Blue, Yellow, Silver, Leaf Green, and White 2 are my mainline games. And at least since Leaf Green, this is the first shiny i've seen.

So yeah, pretty happy.
---
"Ironically, the word mature when applied to games tends to have a very childish connotation." -Erik J. Caponi of Bethesda Softworks
#107Flareon136Posted 11/28/2012 8:46:42 PM
That would be a Graveler in Platinum. However, I was borrowing the game from a friend, so that shiny is no more.(Had decent IVs, too.)

Second, the Gyarados in Heartgold.
---
Pokemon Black Friend code: Dawn 0519 3311 2523
#108Why_Is_PurplePosted 11/28/2012 8:48:05 PM
Emerald: Rayquaza
HeartGold: Typhlosion, Gyarados, Ho-Oh
Black: Tyranitar
Black 2: Feebas, Litwick, Haxorus, Gible

The only good-natured ones are the ones that are always shiny. :/
---
IF YOU GO IN THE DIRECTION OF THE ARROW.
3DS Friend Code: 5069-3926-6218
#109MogMoogle1Posted 11/28/2012 8:48:10 PM
Played for ever, ever since Pokemon first debuted in the states, but my very first shiny that isn't a red Gyarados was Petilil from an egg.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif
#110Phoenix6000Posted 11/28/2012 9:32:11 PM
Emerald.

I was messing around in Safari Zone, trying to finish the national dex and I ran into a shiny Spinarak. Caught it on my second attempt.
---
GT|| Phoenix6000
Currently Playing|| AC3, Halo 4, Pokemon Black 2