This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your first shiny pokemon

#91VectorAgentPosted 11/23/2012 5:03:55 PM
Hey guys, a question:

I'm about to play through White Version for the first time, and I'm really hoping for a shiny larvesta when I hatch that larvesta egg you get.

If I save before I hatch it, can I keep exiting the game, opening the save file, and hatching it again until I get it to be shiny? (Sorry if this is a noob question, I have pretty much zero experience with shinies and how you get them!)
---
This is here so that I can say something in all caps if I want.
#92MugilokoPosted 11/23/2012 5:04:58 PM
VectorAgent posted...
Hey guys, a question:

I'm about to play through White Version for the first time, and I'm really hoping for a shiny larvesta when I hatch that larvesta egg you get.

If I save before I hatch it, can I keep exiting the game, opening the save file, and hatching it again until I get it to be shiny? (Sorry if this is a noob question, I have pretty much zero experience with shinies and how you get them!)

Hatch the egg and grind for a shiny.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a6/571Zoroark.png/180px-571Zoroark.png
#93RemixV4Posted 11/23/2012 5:07:44 PM
I don't recall every seeing a shiny among the many years I've played Pokemon games. Though I did catch Pokerus twice -_-'
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#94VectorAgentPosted 11/23/2012 5:18:33 PM
Mugiloko posted...
VectorAgent posted...
Hey guys, a question:

Which means...soft resetting?
---
#95MugilokoPosted 11/23/2012 5:19:30 PM
VectorAgent posted...
Mugiloko posted...
VectorAgent posted...
Hey guys, a question:

Which means...soft resetting?

Nope. Get the Larvesta and keep making eggs with it.

Use a japanese Ditto for better results.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a6/571Zoroark.png/180px-571Zoroark.png
#96VectorAgentPosted 11/23/2012 5:21:25 PM
Ah, gotcha. Does soft resetting work, though? (Thanks for the tips!)
---
#97MugilokoPosted 11/23/2012 5:21:58 PM
VectorAgent posted...
Ah, gotcha. Does soft resetting work, though? (Thanks for the tips!)

No idea.
---
#98MeLikeyPiePosted 11/23/2012 5:27:34 PM
Wow, this topic reminded me of a dream I had just last night where I was playing Pokemon and I caught a 5th gen shiny. I can't remember what it was though...>_>

I remember there was some green to it. But I just looked at a list of 5th gen pokemon and none of them clicked. Meh. =x
---
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou
#99jamieyelloPosted 11/23/2012 5:27:41 PM
I've played all games up from ruby, never caught a shiny. I've found and caught a shiny on my brothers ruby like a year ago though, he still won't let me have it. ),:
#100KyrieIrvingPosted 11/23/2012 5:28:48 PM
The first shiny Pokemon I saw was a shiny Onix in Silver Version. Unfortunately, since I didn't know what a shiny was, I thought my game was corrupted so I turned it off. The first shiny I caught was a shiny Zubat in Ruby.