This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stall team?

#1David_741Posted 11/23/2012 3:35:32 AM
Does they still work as well as they did on 4th gen? Even if some things like Perish song have been nerfed...

Anyways I was thinking all the lines of...

Timid Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Trick
Shadow Ball
Will O wisp
Curse

Calm Jellicent @ Leftovers
Scald
Will O Wisp
Recover
Substiute

Impish Gliscor
Earthquake
Protect
Substitute
Ice Fang

Impish Dugtrio @ Leftovers
Substitute
Protect
Toxic
Memento

Jolly Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Trick
Toxic Spikes
Spore
Transform

Bold Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Encore
Substitute
Leech Seed
Knock Off
---
FC: 5286 0685 2561
#2Adam_AcePosted 11/23/2012 3:37:00 AM
Swap Gengar for Spiritomb please?
#3David_741(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 3:42:10 AM
Hmmm why?

I forgot Spiritomb existed and he may better, everyone never expects Gengar to have Curse...
---
#4Adam_AcePosted 11/23/2012 3:53:16 AM
David_741 posted...
Hmmm why?

I forgot Spiritomb existed and he may better, everyone never expects Gengar to have Curse...

Right yeah sorry about that. Spiritomb soley because it has better defensive capability which Gengar just doesn't. I actually like curse on a moveset It'd be nice to see it work properly. It has decent support options aswell with rest or you could just as easily use leftovers.

It's so rare to see Spiritomb used by anyone who doesn't hack it's ability.
#5BHCMemberPosted 11/23/2012 7:00:18 AM
Main problem is that the team is incredibly frail for a stall team. Gengar, Smeargle, Dugtrio and even Whimsicott will very rarely manage to switch in without taking crippling damage. None of them have recovery either, so any attempts to stall will be very short lived. Curse doesn't really work (IIRC, unless it has changed) on Ghost types, since the opponent can simply switch out and leave you with less than half health.

Without wanting to sound cruel, I'd say start again, since the team needs a huge overhaul to be successful at stall. Have a read of this to get you started:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3462376
---
I'm sorry? I couldn't hear you over my TRAGIC PAST.
#6David_741(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 9:13:45 AM
Curse either forces a switch and if I predict it I can switch in Dugtrio who laughs as I Protect + Sub abuse, or give Smeargle a chance to Spore something. Priority can be a problem however.

Whimiscott can switch in on grass moves or stats ups or something..Encore is pretty useful too. Tricking the choice scarfs also forces switches.

I obviously will play around as their are many different options for stall. I do admit I do rely of the frail pokemons alternate defense that is protect + sub.
---