This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate on sinnoh?

#111998_zPosted 11/24/2012 11:36:34 PM
- Really imbalanced Pokemon choices, some are great but some are downward terrible or has terrible design
- Terribad Pokemon cries
- Too slow, although Platinum fixed it
- Contests aren't as great as the Gen III ones
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 7
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards || R - Rocket Scientist
#12wind64aPosted 11/24/2012 11:47:10 PM
I liked it, and how on earth is it less diverse than Hoenn? Including both Battle Frontiers, Sinnoh has more kinds of lands, its own water routes, its own hidden areas, and a vastly larger Ice-based region. Sinnoh is the more diverse of the two. Hoenn is mostly shoreline and islands.

Oddly Sinnoh's lakes are an aspect that it has and Hoenn lacks.

Plus Sinnoh allowed people to obtain a couple Pokemon that could only be gained through trading previously, Gengar and Steelix.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
Strifehart is my OTP. FC: 4170-0917-6393 services performed at BSC: 1 Riley's Boyfriend on the BW2 boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#13FuneralCakePosted 11/24/2012 11:52:17 PM
People really mostly hate it because it's not the new generation anymore. Once gen 6 rolls around, you'll get people saying the exact same things about gen 5, just because it's not new and shiny and exciting.

I personally really loved Sinnoh -- Platinum especially.
---
TOTALLY, TOTALLY NOT HOME ROWED
http://i.minus.com/ibzHrFPfAJFyCQ.gif
#14ares9090Posted 11/25/2012 12:09:31 AM
The Sinnoh I liked was Platinum's, several things fixed and new additions.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black FC Ares 0389 8392 9652
Dream World Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#15LenneValkiryePosted 11/25/2012 12:46:17 AM
A combination of the following reasons is why people hate gen 4. Note that I don't agree with all of them, I'm just going to list the most common complaints.

-Introduced Stealth Rock
-Introduced Cynthia, a blatant fanservice character who has been in every single pokemon game since for no real reason other than fanservice
-Introduced a lot of unecessary and ugly evolutions
-Smogon became the dominant metagame site
-Introduced the concept of God in pokemon via Arceus
-You were forced to carry two specific HM slaves (Bibarel and Skarmory) to get anywhere in-game
-Defog set a new low for the "utterly useless move that you're forced to teach to your pokemon if you want to keep playing"
-Overall bad pokemon and human characters designs (Team Galactic and Fantina stand out in particular)
-The pixie trio is considered the worst legendary trio so far, mostly because of their mono-psychic typing and similiar movepools
-The metagame revolved almost entirely around dragon- and steel-types, especially in OU
#16TherianReturnsPosted 11/25/2012 12:49:00 AM
Playing Pokemon Platinum, the Japanese version was the most fun I've ever had playing a Pokemon game
---
Let me make this crystal clear; Ruby and Sapphire remakes are coming this generation (gen 5). Get the hell over it.
#17LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 12:52:50 AM
I actually thought GSC had bad pokemon cries and designs.
---
Official Eelektross of the Pokemon B/W 2 Message Boards
#18SniperNightOwlPosted 11/25/2012 2:18:37 AM
it seemed really generic. Nothing was unique imo except the muddy/marsh area which was more of a pain than anything else
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.
#19SephirothtPosted 11/25/2012 2:42:39 AM(edited)
Because it was last gen. People always hate last gen and want remakes of the one before that one.

In gen 4 it was cool to hate gen 3 and want GSC remakes because gen 2 was so great.
So now in gen 5, everyone hates gen 4 (including said remakes) and now want gen 3 remakes because it was so great.
---
Officially faved Ninetales on the B2 Board
Retired Executive.
#20Adam_AcePosted 11/25/2012 3:27:00 AM
It's quite simple. Most Sinnoh haters are Hoenn enthusiasts and are generally annoyed because Hoenn quite rightly didn't get it's remake.

Sinnoh was awesome especially when it came to the back story of the Legendaries (Although there far too many) an awesome champion a great selection of Pokemon that reincorporated Gen I Pokemon by giving them strong evolutions and some awesome new ones like Lucario, Rotom & Spiritomb.