This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate on sinnoh?

#51cloud_8f8fPosted 11/25/2012 9:56:10 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
I actually thought GSC had bad pokemon cries and designs.

Also, I must agree with this. Gen 2 did the worst in introducing new Pokemon.
---
Official Tepig of the B2W2 boards
Currently Playing: Pokemon Black 2, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#52P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 11/25/2012 9:58:58 AM
Lexifox posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Why are you arguing my point for me?

Because you're bad at it.

So tell me why then was it so important to bring Cynthia rather than, say, a Professor who specifically studies legendary pokemon?

Because then they create a wholly original NPC who's there for five minutes at best instead of an established character known for studying Arceus and its Dragon offspring. It would be a waste of an original character and by including Cynthia they get "points" for having a cameo of a character.

The person to which I was referring was Prof. Rowan, who happens to also originate in Sinnoh, not an original character. You know, that one who, at the very beginning of the game, is established as a professor who studies the workings of legendary pokemon?
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#53LexifoxPosted 11/25/2012 9:59:09 AM
cloud_8f8f posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
I actually thought GSC had bad pokemon cries and designs.

Also, I must agree with this. Gen 2 did the worst in introducing new Pokemon.

They advertise 100 brand new Pokemon aweeessoooome.

Then you play and the first route is infested with Pidgey and Rattata. The second is filled with Caterpie, Weedle, etc. The first cave has Zubat and Geodude. The first gym leader uses the old first Normal/Flying instead of the newest one. The second gym leader uses the cocoons over the new Ledyba and Spinarak. The fourth gym leader has four Pokemon, but not the fourth new Ghost. The fifth gym leader has Hitmon-using NPCs but not Hitmonchan.

Virtually no one uses the newer Pokemon and they're rarely ever prevalent on the routes, with plenty of them hidden away in Kanto, including the cool new Dark type they introduced and advertised.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#54LexifoxPosted 11/25/2012 10:01:03 AM
Lexifox posted...

So tell me why then was it so important to bring Cynthia rather than, say, a Professor who specifically studies legendary pokemon?

Because then they create a wholly original NPC who's there for five minutes at best instead of an established character known for studying Arceus and its Dragon offspring. It would be a waste of an original character and by including Cynthia they get "points" for having a cameo of a character.

The person to which I was referring was Prof. Rowan, who happens to also originate in Sinnoh, not an original character. You know, that one who, at the very beginning of the game, is established as a professor who studies the workings of legendary pokemon?

I don't remember this "Professor Rowan". I do know Professor Rowan of Sinnoh, whose field of specialty is stated to be evolution of Pokemon. Cynthia is shown, regularly, to be much better versed in mythology.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#55PearlshipperluvPosted 11/25/2012 10:02:34 AM
dwdwdw6 posted...
Platinum is my most favourite game. I wouldnt know any hate.

Platinum was awesome.
---
Part of the awesome Team Elesa.
Official Phanpy of the Pokemon B2/W2 boards
#56P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 11/25/2012 10:09:02 AM
Lexifox posted...
Lexifox posted...

I don't remember this "Professor Rowan". I do know Professor Rowan of Sinnoh, whose field of specialty is stated to be evolution of Pokemon. Cynthia is shown, regularly, to be much better versed in mythology.

The first five minutes of the game involve your MC finding one of the Wisdom trio in the first lake, which he confronts your about in an attempt to further his research. He does the same in the anime as well, if I'm remembering correctly (I didn't watch too much of the anime; I felt it was kind of meh). Cynthia is shown to fight along side you when Team Galactic threatens the universe, through the use of the legendary pokemon. The only other time she relates to that purpose is when she briefly discusses Arceus in Gardenia's town. So, if both study legendary pokemon, why bring Cynthia over an established Professor, if not for fanservice or being a somewhat-out of place Champion?
---
#57ThunderBlade5Posted 11/25/2012 10:17:27 AM
Quote:ThunderBlade5 posted...
I for one felt it didn't have the diversity that Hoenn had.

This makes no sense. Sinnoh has FAR more diversity than Hoenn.

@cloud_8f8f

I'm not sure that I agree.

Hoenn had very unique towns (Fortree and Pacifidlog come to mind).

There was a rather good sized desert, underwater routes, a sunken ship to explore, and not to mention an ice cave.

Plus the trick master has to count for something.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#58Infernus93Posted 11/25/2012 10:24:30 AM
The more I play Platinum, the more I like it. I was initially not keen on it, but it has grown on me more than any other game in the series. My only issue with it is that it runs excruciatingly slow.

Sinnoh is a good place.
---
age runs it
#59LexifoxPosted 11/25/2012 10:26:22 AM
The first five minutes of the game involve your MC finding one of the Wisdom trio in the first lake, which he confronts your about in an attempt to further his research. He does the same in the anime as well, if I'm remembering correctly (I didn't watch too much of the anime; I felt it was kind of meh). Cynthia is shown to fight along side you when Team Galactic threatens the universe, through the use of the legendary pokemon. The only other time she relates to that purpose is when she briefly discusses Arceus in Gardenia's town. So, if both study legendary pokemon, why bring Cynthia over an established Professor, if not for fanservice or being a somewhat-out of place Champion?

You are aware that Diamond/Pearl and the anime aren't canon, right? D/P was retconned by Platinum and the anime has never been canon at all to the games, save for the games about the anime characters (Pikachu/Yellow version, Puzzle League, Snap, etc.). In Platinum, he gives you a Pokemon because he likes you and your spirit. The research he asks you to help with is identifying all of the Sinnoh region Pokemon.

When Cynthia appears, she talks about the Dragon statue at Eternia and mentions her interest in mythology. You meet her later around Lake Valor where she went to explore and do research. She later appears to ask you to visit her grandmother at Celestic Town (with an item) and it's revealed that this is said to be the oldest town in Sinnoh and has plenty of mythological stuff referencing the Dragon Trio. Cynthia can appear here to explain the cave painting that covers the Dragon/Lake Trios as well. Her other appearance is at Spear Pillar and the Distortion World, where she explains the myth and such surrounding there.

Pretty much the only time she DOESN'T talk about mythology is when she's at the League.
---
#60P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 11/25/2012 10:30:36 AM
Lexifox posted...

You are aware that Diamond/Pearl and the anime aren't canon, right? D/P was retconned by Platinum and the anime has never been canon at all to the games, save for the games about the anime characters (Pikachu/Yellow version, Puzzle League, Snap, etc.). In Platinum, he gives you a Pokemon because he likes you and your spirit. The research he asks you to help with is identifying all of the Sinnoh region Pokemon.

When Cynthia appears, she talks about the Dragon statue at Eternia and mentions her interest in mythology. You meet her later around Lake Valor where she went to explore and do research. She later appears to ask you to visit her grandmother at Celestic Town (with an item) and it's revealed that this is said to be the oldest town in Sinnoh and has plenty of mythological stuff referencing the Dragon Trio. Cynthia can appear here to explain the cave painting that covers the Dragon/Lake Trios as well. Her other appearance is at Spear Pillar and the Distortion World, where she explains the myth and such surrounding there.

Pretty much the only time she DOESN'T talk about mythology is when she's at the League.

I'm trying to consider points at which she doesn't to supply an argument, but I haven't played any of the games in a while, so for now I can agree with that previous statement.

And no, I believe that everything that happens in the anime is true and cannot be dethroned by occurrences in the games. Also Red < Ash, because his Pikachu is god.
---