This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm so sick of hearing this.

#1BlackSaborPosted 11/25/2012 10:12:11 AM
Why does RSE need a remake? I'm not even a Ruby/Sapphire fanboy. (Though honestly Idk if the fanboys are for or against the idea of a remake). But seriously. Just because Gen 1 and 2 got remakes doesn't mean 3 is next. Gen 1 and 2 were on extremely limited handhelds. There's nothing about Gen 3 that needs to be remade. The graphics were good, the music was great, the overall design was good enough that it generated tons of fanboys. What about this game needs to be remade? Online? That's about it, really.
#2LexifoxPosted 11/25/2012 10:14:07 AM(edited)
Gen 3 didn't have as many Pokemon, hold items, the physical/special split, etc. Also, the move to the DS meant that the GB games couldn't be played on the system. Now that we're moving to the 3DS, GBA games can't be played on the system.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3TableFlipPosted 11/25/2012 10:13:42 AM
I like RSE but im not that exited for a remake unless you can walk your pokemon like in HGSS
---
I don't even know anymore.
#4BlackSabor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:17:28 AM
Lexifox posted...
Gen 3 didn't have as many Pokemon, hold items, the physical/special split, etc.

It had the most new pokemon of any generation until 5. So unless you're talking about it needing 4th and 5th generation pokemon, which it doesn't need outside of post game, I don't think that's a legit reason. As far as hold items go, who cares. Such a small thing. The physical and special split was a pretty big deal. But it not being split also gave a lot of pokemon cool utility. Such as Gengar with the elemental punches. Is it an issue though? Minorly, sure. Not enough to constitute a remake.
#5360pagesPosted 11/25/2012 10:18:06 AM
Just like how most of the gen 2 fans left once they got the remakes I hope the gen 3 fans leave once they get theirs, dealing with them is annoying.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#6LexifoxPosted 11/25/2012 10:19:02 AM
BlackSabor posted...
Lexifox posted...

It had the most new pokemon of any generation until 5. So unless you're talking about it needing 4th and 5th generation pokemon, which it doesn't need outside of post game, I don't think that's a legit reason. As far as hold items go, who cares. Such a small thing. The physical and special split was a pretty big deal. But it not being split also gave a lot of pokemon cool utility. Such as Gengar with the elemental punches. Is it an issue though? Minorly, sure. Not enough to constitute a remake.

Gen 3 had 386 Pokemon. There are now 649 Pokemon. This is more.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7BlackSabor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:21:19 AM
360pages posted...
Just like how most of the gen 2 fans left once they got the remakes I hope the gen 3 fans leave once they get theirs, dealing with them is annoying.

I hate to say it, but the is probably the best actual reason I've heard for 3rd gen remakes. Just to make people who cry that there needs to be one go away. So sad, but so true. Then again. Wasn't there a ton of people who cried over HGSS not being good? I didn't actually play it, so I don't have an opinion. But even a remake might not stop the crying.

It's sad, but probably true that a ton of the people crying are going to be disappointed that it didn't live up to the 'awesome' of the original.

Yet if it was so awesome, why did it need a remake. It's just an endless cycle of stupidity.
#8Brandon042487Posted 11/25/2012 10:23:42 AM
Think of it this way, a remake if gen 3 will give Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company a chances to use the 3DS features in the game.

Streetpass can be used for Gen 3s use of record mixing and secret bases which this feature can be used by doin a pokemon coil as used in B2/W2.

Spotpass allows for automatic downloads of event pokemon witbout the need of having to remember to go to the mystery gift thing and getting it.

Play Coins can be used to use Powers like the Passpowers.

Aside from that I can look forward to an enhanced musical score and other aesthetic details they may add.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 1206 7087 1869 [Vesper]
Pokemon Black2 FC: 0648 3939 0779 [Brandon]
#9LexifoxPosted 11/25/2012 10:23:43 AM
BlackSabor posted...
360pages posted...

I hate to say it, but the is probably the best actual reason I've heard for 3rd gen remakes. Just to make people who cry that there needs to be one go away. So sad, but so true. Then again. Wasn't there a ton of people who cried over HGSS not being good? I didn't actually play it, so I don't have an opinion. But even a remake might not stop the crying.

"Fans are clingy complaining dip****s who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

that said, it doesn't help that G/S were just terrible games all around.
---
#10BlackSabor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:23:56 AM
Lexifox posted...
BlackSabor posted...
Lexifox posted...

Gen 3 had 386 Pokemon. There are now 649 Pokemon. This is more.

I said NEW pokemon. In their respective generations, the NEW pokemon of their generations are mostly exclusive to their respective games. Gen 3 has 135 new pokemon. Gen 4 had a laughable number, most of them legendaries and pre/evos and then gen 5 had 156 new pokemon.

There's a lot of pokemon TOTAL, but even in a remake, they would only be in postgame, you know. KINDA LIKE WHAT THEY DID IN THE OTHER REMAKES. HMMMMMMMM.