This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm so sick of hearing this.

#11LexifoxPosted 11/25/2012 10:25:37 AM
BlackSabor posted...
Lexifox posted...
BlackSabor posted...
Lexifox posted...
Gen 3 didn't have as many Pokemon, hold items, the physical/special split, etc.

It had the most new pokemon of any generation until 5. So unless you're talking about it needing 4th and 5th generation pokemon, which it doesn't need outside of post game, I don't think that's a legit reason. As far as hold items go, who cares. Such a small thing. The physical and special split was a pretty big deal. But it not being split also gave a lot of pokemon cool utility. Such as Gengar with the elemental punches. Is it an issue though? Minorly, sure. Not enough to constitute a remake.

Gen 3 had 386 Pokemon. There are now 649 Pokemon. This is more.

I said NEW pokemon. In their respective generations, the NEW pokemon of their generations are mostly exclusive to their respective games. Gen 3 has 135 new pokemon. Gen 4 had a laughable number, most of them legendaries and pre/evos and then gen 5 had 156 new pokemon.

There's a lot of pokemon TOTAL, but even in a remake, they would only be in postgame, you know. KINDA LIKE WHAT THEY DID IN THE OTHER REMAKES. HMMMMMMMM.

It doesn't matter. I said later games contain more Pokemon, and this is true. I never said "newer" Pokemon.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#12BlackSabor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:27:52 AM
Lexifox posted...
BlackSabor posted...
Lexifox posted...
BlackSabor posted...
Lexifox posted...
Gen 3 didn't have as many Pokemon, hold items, the physical/special split, etc.

It had the most new pokemon of any generation until 5. So unless you're talking about it needing 4th and 5th generation pokemon, which it doesn't need outside of post game, I don't think that's a legit reason. As far as hold items go, who cares. Such a small thing. The physical and special split was a pretty big deal. But it not being split also gave a lot of pokemon cool utility. Such as Gengar with the elemental punches. Is it an issue though? Minorly, sure. Not enough to constitute a remake.

Gen 3 had 386 Pokemon. There are now 649 Pokemon. This is more.

I said NEW pokemon. In their respective generations, the NEW pokemon of their generations are mostly exclusive to their respective games. Gen 3 has 135 new pokemon. Gen 4 had a laughable number, most of them legendaries and pre/evos and then gen 5 had 156 new pokemon.

There's a lot of pokemon TOTAL, but even in a remake, they would only be in postgame, you know. KINDA LIKE WHAT THEY DID IN THE OTHER REMAKES. HMMMMMMMM.

It doesn't matter. I said later games contain more Pokemon, and this is true. I never said "newer" Pokemon.

That's terrible logic. Don't point out there's more if it doesn't matter. They'll not be in the actual content of the game anyways. Does that mean 4th gen will get a remake in 5 years when gen 7 rumors are floating around? Just because there's 'more pokemon' even though they won't have a huge impact on the the game....period?
#13TranquilSeaPosted 11/25/2012 10:27:58 AM
HG/SS was a very faithful remake, and everyone who wanted it liked it. The people who didn't like HG/SS as much are the ones who didn't like G/S/C as much.

So, the people who want the Gen 3 remake will like it.

FR/LG are also unplayable on the 3DS, and while we do have Kanto in HG/SS, it doesn't feel complete enough. I'm not expecting a remake of that anytime soon, but a port to the 3DS virtual console would be nice (and compatibility with the 5th or 6th gen would be even nicer).
---
I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
#14BlackSabor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:30:54 AM
Brandon042487 posted...
Think of it this way, a remake if gen 3 will give Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company a chances to use the 3DS features in the game.

Streetpass can be used for Gen 3s use of record mixing and secret bases which this feature can be used by doin a pokemon coil as used in B2/W2.

Spotpass allows for automatic downloads of event pokemon witbout the need of having to remember to go to the mystery gift thing and getting it.

Play Coins can be used to use Powers like the Passpowers.

Aside from that I can look forward to an enhanced musical score and other aesthetic details they may add.

You know. I actually like this. This is actual evidence saying what was truly inferior at the time. I mean. Not a ton of people outside japan actually use most of this. And we don't need a new remake for new event pokemon. But I like that your argument is actually valid.
#15uuurrrgghPosted 11/25/2012 10:31:38 AM
Well, this is the pattern so far
RBY: nothing to add
GSC: nothing to add
RSE: made a remake that's two generations ago, after they made a merged game
DPP: made a remake that's two generations ago, after they made a merged game
at this rate, my prediction will be that RSE remakes will happen, but not before GF finishes the BW saga in one last version
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#16businessman999Posted 11/25/2012 10:32:19 AM
TranquilSea posted...
HG/SS was a very faithful remake, and everyone who wanted it liked it. The people who didn't like HG/SS as much are the ones who didn't like G/S/C as much.

So, the people who want the Gen 3 remake will like it.

FR/LG are also unplayable on the 3DS, and while we do have Kanto in HG/SS, it doesn't feel complete enough. I'm not expecting a remake of that anytime soon, but a port to the 3DS virtual console would be nice (and compatibility with the 5th or 6th gen would be even nicer).

So if r/s gets remade then fr/lg needs too cus they are all gen 3. Remaking a remake. Next yall gonna ask for gen 4 remake
---
Platinum [4941 4097 8342] Black [1034 0817 0882] White 2 [4170 2373 8416]
Use my white 2 fc
#17LexifoxPosted 11/25/2012 10:32:37 AM
BlackSabor posted...
That's terrible logic. Don't point out there's more if it doesn't matter. They'll not be in the actual content of the game anyways. Does that mean 4th gen will get a remake in 5 years when gen 7 rumors are floating around? Just because there's 'more pokemon' even though they won't have a huge impact on the the game....period?

Oh, it does matter because it would mean different distribution, different teams for important NPCs, etc.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#18Skull_proPosted 11/25/2012 10:35:29 AM
TableFlip posted...
I like RSE but im not that exited for a remake unless you can walk your pokemon like in HGSS

I hope that was a troll comment. Walking your pokemon was cool for some, but useless to most.
---
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/NeoArashi/wtf.jpg Look! I can make a post AFTER the last post!!!!!
#19SlimeStackPosted 11/25/2012 10:37:17 AM
I'd rather the Pokémon be distributed across original regions and not remakes. <.<

Or, if they must reuse old regions, at least make new games showing said region 10+ years on with an original plot/trainers/characters/etc.
---
Pokemon Black Version 2:
Sean - 1163 7615 1957
#20P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 11/25/2012 10:38:27 AM
Lexifox posted...
BlackSabor posted...

Oh, it does matter because it would mean different distribution, different teams for important NPCs, etc.

I'm going to side with Lexi on this one; even in BW2 the revival of old pokemon proved to attract old players to the game, and served to add variety in terms of team building. The same would take place with bring new pokemon into an older game.
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards