This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm so sick of hearing this.

#21TranquilSeaPosted 11/25/2012 10:41:04 AM
Or, if they must reuse old regions, at least make new games showing said region 10+ years on with an original plot/trainers/characters/etc.

Now that we've seen B2/W2, I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route with Gen 3.
---
I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
#22tsunamisurfer08Posted 11/25/2012 10:45:53 AM
I'm not even going to read the topic. I'm just going to leave my thoughts:

I don't think we can, or even should, base anything Gamefreak may be planning based on past patterns. I think this generation is purposely throwing any and all perceived notions out of the window.

Now granted, I liked Emerald quite a bit. But Black/White 2 are easily my new favorites with all you can do in them.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#23BlackSabor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:47:02 AM
SlimeStack posted...
I'd rather the Pokémon be distributed across original regions and not remakes. <.<

Or, if they must reuse old regions, at least make new games showing said region 10+ years on with an original plot/trainers/characters/etc.

That would be amazing. Seriously. We don't need remakes. We just need spiritual successors.
#24erekwashere15Posted 11/25/2012 10:48:46 AM
A company can never have too much money.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0046-2279-8375 Xbox GT: erekwashere15
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#25GalladetheGreatPosted 11/25/2012 10:57:17 AM
Lexifox posted...
BlackSabor posted...
Lexifox posted...
BlackSabor posted...
Lexifox posted...
Gen 3 didn't have as many Pokemon, hold items, the physical/special split, etc.

It had the most new pokemon of any generation until 5. So unless you're talking about it needing 4th and 5th generation pokemon, which it doesn't need outside of post game, I don't think that's a legit reason. As far as hold items go, who cares. Such a small thing. The physical and special split was a pretty big deal. But it not being split also gave a lot of pokemon cool utility. Such as Gengar with the elemental punches. Is it an issue though? Minorly, sure. Not enough to constitute a remake.

Gen 3 had 386 Pokemon. There are now 649 Pokemon. This is more.

I said NEW pokemon. In their respective generations, the NEW pokemon of their generations are mostly exclusive to their respective games. Gen 3 has 135 new pokemon. Gen 4 had a laughable number, most of them legendaries and pre/evos and then gen 5 had 156 new pokemon.

There's a lot of pokemon TOTAL, but even in a remake, they would only be in postgame, you know. KINDA LIKE WHAT THEY DID IN THE OTHER REMAKES. HMMMMMMMM.

It doesn't matter. I said later games contain more Pokemon, and this is true. I never said "newer" Pokemon.

Then we need Gen I, II, and IV remakes this gen as well. There are even new hold items this gen!
---
http://i.imgur.com/dNXZN.jpg http://i.imgur.com/zr7iv.jpg
#26SlimeStackPosted 11/25/2012 11:08:39 AM
erekwashere15 posted...

I'll never understand why people say this. Sure, they'll make RSE remakes if they want money, much like FRLG and HGSS. But they also made RBY, GSC, RSE, DPP, BW and B2W2 for money...
---
Pokemon Black Version 2:
Sean - 1163 7615 1957
#27XIII_rocksPosted 11/25/2012 11:13:17 AM
Of course it doesn't "need" a remake, but we're probably at least two years out from Gen 6, and it's another Pokemon game to fill the time. I'll take it.
---
"I trolled all of you." - Chris Jericho
#28erekwashere15Posted 11/25/2012 11:17:57 AM
SlimeStack posted...
erekwashere15 posted...

I'll never understand why people say this. Sure, they'll make RSE remakes if they want money, much like FRLG and HGSS. But they also made RBY, GSC, RSE, DPP, BW and B2W2 for money...

I believe the creator started Pokemon cause he wanted to share the joy he had experienced through bug collecting. But splitting it into a pair of versions at the beginning of each generation, as well as for remakes, is mostly for more money. Trading was the best excuse they could come up with to encourage more sales, which kind of made sense outside Japan, where not everybody lives within range of someone who may have the other version.

As for the remakes, i believe FR/LG were to be a one time thing, but GF thought they could outdo themselves and expand the length of time until the next Gen with HG/SS, which, aside from money, seems to be the only logical reasons we'd get anymore remakes in the future.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0046-2279-8375 Xbox GT: erekwashere15
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#29Rose_MagePosted 11/25/2012 12:09:07 PM
Because why not?
---
Ranks ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress, Dunsparce Girl
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#30AmesangPosted 11/25/2012 12:15:01 PM
TranquilSea posted...

Now that we've seen B2/W2, I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route with Gen 3.

I'm actually hoping they go this route, if they decide to revisit Hoenn in the future. I'd rather see what the cast was up to and how Hoenn changed after the Weather Trio debacle than simply rehashing the previous story.
---
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone