This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Black 2/ White 2 One Type Party Team

#1Eternal_WakePosted 11/26/2012 10:54:43 AM
So in Black 2 and White 2 there's medals for defeating the Elite 4 using only one type, Example: All party Pokemon are Fire. I'm sure that this will also include dual types i.e. - Emboar is Fire/Fighting. So here's where the topic starts, list whatever one type (dual types are welcome if you wish) party you would use against the Elite 4 with the Pokemon names and their move set just to show how your strategy will play out because obviously a one type Pokemon team will have that one weakness against certain types so choose move sets that will help defend your Pokemon against their mortal weakness type(s).

NOTE: Please don't write in EV's, IV's nor Natures because there are some people (people like myself...) who are not too knowledgeable in those categories. So if you wish just post their base stats that would make you choose those Pokemon in your team to begin with.
---
PSN: Elemental_Bliss
Do What You Do Best!!!
#2Eternal_Wake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:57:33 AM
Here's my team choice:

1) Arcanine - Fire
Bases: Atk – 110, S.Atk – 100, S – 95
Move set:
• Flame Wheel*: Fire - Pwr. = 60, Acc. = 100 [Physical attack goes with high base Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Flare Blitz: Fire - Pwr. 120, Acc. = 100 [Physical attack goes with high base Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Flame Charge*: Fire - Pwr. = 50, Acc. = 100 [Physical attack goes with high base Atk stat, plus STAB]
• SolarBeam: Grass - Pwr. = 120, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, defends against Ground, Rock, and Water type weaknesses]

*I would substitute either one of these moves for Sunny Day for boosting the Fire type moves and give SolarBeam that instant use and avoid the charging turn. If I had to choose (I would get some bad comments about this but hear me out) I would keep Flame Charge because it raises Arcanine’s already high Speed stat and not to mention that there are some speedy Ground type Pokemon such as Excadrill whose base Speed stat is 88. It’ s fairly close to Arcanine’s Speed of 95 which I wouldn’t risk seeing as how Excadrill has the ability Sand Rush which doubles the ability-bearer’s Speed during a sandstorm. Yes I do realize that none of the Elite 4 in Black2/White 2 do not have Excadrill but it still helps against Grimsley’s Krookodile who is a Ground/Dark type.

**Also if I just wanted a straight Power House move set I would have substituted those two moves for Flamethrower and Outrage.
o Flamethrower: Fire - Pwr. = 95, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
o Outrage: Dragon - Pwr. = 120, Acc. = 100 [Physical attack goes with high base Atk stat, does wonders against the Champion’s Dragon type Pokemon]

2) Magmortar - Fire
Bases: Atk – 95, S.Atk – 125, S – 83
Move Set:
• Lava Plume: Fire - Pwr. = 80, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Flamethrower: Fire - Pwr. = 95, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Fire Blast*: Fire - Pwr. = 120, Acc. = 85 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
• SolarBeam: Grass - Pwr. = 120, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, defends against Ground, Rock, and Water type weaknesses]

*I would switch out Fire Blast for Hyper Beam seeing as how Hyper Beam has not only a higher attack power of 150 but it also has a higher accuracy of 90 which can make all the difference and being that it’s a Special attack it goes well with Magmortar’s high S.Atk stat. But more than likely I would trade it out for Sunny Day for that boost in Fire power and to skip the SolarBeam charging turn.

**I know some people might choose to have Dual Chop (Dragon type, Pwr. = 40, Acc. = 90) for the Champion’s Dragon type. It can go fairly well with Magmortar’s high Atk stat and it’s a two hit move that land two separate hits which mean it can cause a critical hit Both times, so with that I would consider it a good move to have but if anything I would stick with Arcanine’s Outrage and just have it hold a Persim berry to help against the confusion Outrage causes.

3) Moltres – Fire/Flying
Bases: Atk – 100, S.Atk – 125, S – 90
Move Set:
• Flamethrower: Fire - Pwr. = 95, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Air Slash: Flying - Pwr. = 75, Acc. = 95 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Sky Attack: Flying - Pwr. = 140, Acc. = 90 [Physical attack goes with high base Atk stat, plus STAB]
---
Do What You Do Best!!!
#3Eternal_Wake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:59:12 AM
*I would’ve traded Air Slash for Sunny Day for the whole Fire boost and skipping the charge turn but I figured that the Fighting type Elite 4 would take the time to use a Rock type move such as Stone Edge which wouldn’t fair very well with Moltres seeing as how it would do 4x damage because of Moltres dual type. So I kept Air Slash for the instant knockout of all the Fighting Pokemon he has and not give them a chance to land any attack on Moltres. Some of you might ask “But you have Sky Attack, an awesomely powerful Flying move! Why keep a weaker Flying move?” To be fairly honest it’s the same reason for the Sunny Day. Sky Attack takes a turn to charge up and I would risk getting stone Edged so no dice. I mainly kept Sky Attack for use against the Champion’s Dragon type Pokemon with the very high power stat and Moltres’ high attack stat follows through with a powerful attack along with the STAB bonus. Just in my opinion.

4) Entei - Fire
Bases: HP – 115, Atk – 115, S.Atk – 90, S – 100
Move Set:
• Fire Fang*: Fire - Pwr. = 65, Acc. = 95 [Physical attack goes with very high base Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Flare Blitz**: Fire - Pwr. 120, Acc. = 100 [Physical attack goes with high base Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Eruption***: Fire - Pwr. = 150, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with very high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]

*Trade this move out for Sunny Day OR Crush Claw (Normal type, Pwr. = 75, Acc. = 95). Now Crush Claw is a powerful Physical move that has an even powerful effect against your opponent’s Pokemon. It has a 50% of lowering the target’s defense which is pretty high compared to most stat effecting moves. Now this move is only available through giveaways and Wi-Fi events. If you have received an Entei through these methods then I would suggest you keep Crush Claw!

**Same as Crush Claw it must be obtained through giveaways and Wi-Fi events. Powerful move combined with Entei’s really high Atk stat and the STAB would make it a Power House move.

***Now this move here is one DEADLY Fire type move and if I could I’d teach this move to ALL my Fire type Pokemon! Its base power depends on your Pokemon’s HP. The higher the HP then the base power will be 150. So if you have this move then USE IT FIRST!!! With Entei’s high 100 Speed stat it can land this attack first (with full HP intact) giving you 150 Atk power + 115 base Atk + STAB = Devastating Killer Move!!!
---
Do What You Do Best!!!
#4Eternal_Wake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:03:57 AM
5) Ho-oh – Fire/Flying
Bases: HP – 106, Atk - 130, Def – 90, S.Atk – 110, S.Def – 154, S – 90
Move Set:
• Sacred Fire: Fire - Pwr. = 100, Acc. = 95 [Physical attack goes with very high base Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Sky Attack: Flying - Pwr. = 140, Acc. = 90 [Physical attack goes with very high base Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Heat Wave*: Fire - Pwr. = 100, Acc. = 90 [Special attack goes with very high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]

*Trade this move out for Fire Blast only if I give Ho-oh Wide Lens to hold and increase accuracy on the attack.

6) Heatran – Fire/Steel
Bases: HP - 91, Atk- 90, Def – 106, S.Atk – 130, S.Def – 106, S – 77
Move Set:
• Fire Blast*(**): Fire - Pwr. = 120, Acc. = 85 [Special attack goes with very high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Magma Storm*: Fire - Pwr. = 120, Acc. = 75 [Special attack goes with very high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Flash Cannon: Steel - Pwr. = 80, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with very high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]

*I would of course have Heatran hold Wide Lens for these moves.

**I would take out Fire Blast and trade it with Dragon Pulse (Dragon type, Pwr. = 90, Acc. = 100) for the sole purpose of bringing down the Champion’s Dragon Pokemon. With Heatran’s very high S.Atk stat and Dragon Pulse being a Special attack, it can do a good job of causing some serious damage.

Well if you haven’t already noticed my type team would be Fire. Tell me what you guys think of my team, move sets, and explanations.

NOTE: I would’ve also added Victini but he’s a lot harder to get through giveaways/Wi-Fi events than the other legendary Pokemon. But feel free to use him if you’d like.

NOTE (2): Okay since I do have Victini I will post up his stats and move sets and sub him in place of Magmortar.

*Victini* - Fire/Psychic
Bases: HP - 100, Atk- 100, Def – 100, S.Atk – 100, S.Def – 100, S – 100
Move Set:
• Searing Shot: Fire - Pwr. = 100, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Psychic: Psychic - Pwr. = 90, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Fusion Flare: Fire - Pwr. = 100, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]
• Psyshock*: Psychic - Pwr. = 80, Acc. = 100 [Special attack goes with high base S.Atk stat, plus STAB]

*Now I would've chosen Stored Power but to take the time to power up Victini's stats just to raise the base power of this attack I feel as though Victini would be tossed back and forth before he could even land the attack. So I chose Psyshock instead.
---
Do What You Do Best!!!
#5adismaltheftPosted 11/26/2012 11:13:58 AM
Ice Type

Articuno
Ice Beam
Fly
Ice Shard
Roost

Jynx
Ice Beam
Psychic
Energy Ball
Focus Blast

Weavile
Ice Beam
Poison Jab
X-Scissor
Night Slash

Lapras
Ice Beam
Surf
Body Slam
Zen Headbutt

Froslass
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

Mamoswine
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Thrash
---
I think never is enough.
Gamertag: Icecold229
#6shadowreaper7Posted 11/26/2012 11:24:41 AM
Dark type -

Honckrow
Suckerpunch
Superpower
Heatwave
Drill peck

Drapion
X-scissor
Night slash
EQ
Ice fang

Weavile
Ice punch
Night slash
Fake out
Low kick

Houndoom
Fire blast
Dark pulse
Nasty plot
Solarbeam

Hydreigon
Dragon pulse
Dark pulse
Flamethrower
Focus blast

Zoroark
Dark pulse
flamethrower
Focus blast
Extrasensory

That there covers about everything. weaknesses included, if you outspeed them, you haven't got no weakness.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#7HeiedonoPosted 11/26/2012 11:27:43 AM
I'd wreck 'em with steel
Strategy isn't too essential since you can generally just over-power them, but I'll at least post movesets

Bisharp
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Substitute
-Swords dance

Pretty straight forward. Resists dark, psychic, and ghost, and can plow through nearly 3/4 of the e4, especially since all of the taunt users I personally encountered were slower.

Bronzong (heat proof)
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Psychic
-Hypnosis

Support, just for the hell of it. A psychic type attack will be useful for that fighting e4 guy.

Aggron (rock head)
-Automotize
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Outrage

Also pretty straight forward. Just as Bisharp, only fears the fighting type e4 member. Should be able to handle Iris pretty well excepting her special attackers like hydreigon.

Ferrothorn
-Stealth rock
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-T-wave

This is metagame right? I guess I need stealth rock to win lulz

Magnezone
-Charge Beam
-T-bolt
-Flash Cannon
-Substitute

Hide and charge up.

Lucario (justified)
-Aura Sphere
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot

Decent coverage

I think there would be no problems, I had no trouble with the e4 this time around compared to other games. Underleveled (only by 4 levels or so) but only one pokemon even fainted out of my team of
Jellicent
Skarmory
Bisharp
Gallade
Donphan
Lilligant
---
"If the worst comes to the worst, you can always try summoning nipples and glue. Probably vulgar though :("
PB FC:1549-9392-8987
#8Adam_AcePosted 11/26/2012 11:29:28 AM
Darkness is coming

Honchcrow: Super Power, Fly, Night Slash & Haze
Weavile: Ice Punch, Night Slash, Brick Break & Sword Dance
Houndoom: Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Substitute & Flamethrower
Bisharp: Iron Head, Night Slash, Sword Dance & Stone Edge
Zoroark: Nasty Plot, Night Daze, Focus Blast & Flamethower
Hydreigon: Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Draco Meteor & Roost
#9DarkBlueAntPosted 11/26/2012 11:33:24 AM(edited)
Honestly, if you level a couple of Pokemon to Level 80 or over and bring some Revives, you can beat the Elite 4 with just about any team...

But I happen to have an all bug team just because I like them. They're not all particularly good Pokemon, but I like them.

Volcarona
-Quiver Dance
-Heat Wave
-Bug Buzz
-Roost
Just a generic moveset for him. Didn't try to get silly, since it is vital for making up for my weaker team members.

Durant
-Iron Defense
-Baton Pass
-Iron Head
-X Scissor
I know Baton Pass is weird for Durant, but I like passing his fast defense boosts to the other tanks on the team, who are more based around Special Defense

Beedrill
-Poison Jab
-Twin Needle
-Drill Run
-Flash
Beedrill is awful no matter what, but he's my favorite guy. I have him with the Sniper Ability in the hopes that he gets lucky to do big damage. Flash is just there so that he can add something useful to the team in the case that he runs up against an impossible fight.

Leavanny
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-X Scissor
-Leaf Blade
Dual Screener. That's about it. Leaf helps with Rock types though. I just like how it looks

Scyther
-Bug Bite
-Arial Ace
-Pursuit
-Brick Break
Has Technician to make weak moves more powerful and a Focus Sash for staying alive. I've thought about giving him Quick attack, but I like the coverage Brick Break gives him and I like the idea of Pursuit, even though the chasing opponents part is almost never useful.

Vespiquen
-Roost
-Defend Order
-Toxic
-Power Gem
Vespiquen is just a tank for wasting time and opponent PP using Pressure. I've thought about just replacing Power Gem with Protect, but I'm hesitant about taking away it's only attack move. I haven't really tested her out much, but with Reflect/Light Screen and defense Baton Passes, I'm hopeful that she can become annoying.

Also, the members of this team are kind of built with other teams in mind too. Like Vespiquen is meant to work on a Trick Room team, and a lot of them are meant to run with a Sunny Day Cherrim in Triples.
#10musumanePosted 11/26/2012 11:59:59 AM
Let's see I'll do 4 types, also for the medals I believe their MAIN type has to be the type you want ( so Ice/xxx )

Bug
Vespiqueen
Volcarona
Galvantula
Heracross
Scizor
Beedrill

Ice
Mamoswine
Mamoswine ( yes two of them )
Articuno
Froslass
Glaceon
Cryogonal

Psychic
Mewtwo
Espeon
Gallade
Lugia
Gothitelle
Celebi

Normal
Sawsbuck
Togekiss
Blissey
Snorlax
Tauros
Kangaskhan

The hardest would be Psychic and Normal IMO, if you don't OTK you pretty much die
---
Haku (or Jinsei Shinzaki or whatever name he goes by nowadays) is badass.! - 619King