This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Confirm/Deny: Generation 5 was a disappointment until Black and White 2?

#31AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/26/2012 2:14:20 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Super D!

Black and White were great. Granted, BW2 were monumentally better, but BW was great itself.

---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#32TableFlipPosted 11/26/2012 2:18:56 PM
Mugiloko posted...
Deny.

B/W introduced freakin' Zoroark.

---
I don't even know anymore.
#33Soanevalcke6Posted 11/26/2012 2:22:42 PM
D. Both B/W and BW2 are mediocre games, but the pokemon that were introduced were great.

It's a shame, those Pokemon deserved better games.
---
Qualities I look for in games: Music, Atmosphere, and Exploration.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#34AnclationPosted 11/26/2012 2:24:34 PM
Massive D, Black & White were my favorite Pokemon games prior to Black and White 2.
#35hyjinx17Posted 11/26/2012 2:29:53 PM
D

Story was the best up till that point. Areas were fun and interesting. Not disappointing at all
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#36BluntGruntPosted 11/26/2012 2:30:52 PM
Deny.

It was good. It just got better.
---
?????
#37TranquilSeaPosted 11/26/2012 2:30:58 PM
C

I knew Gen 5 was only going to be good until the third game though. We may have got a sequel instead, but I was right, it was infinitely better

---
I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
#38MaetchPosted 11/26/2012 2:39:00 PM(edited)
C

After how big Sinnoh was in the prior gen, Unova's routes and areas felt too small and linear. Even Kanto in G/S/C felt bigger than it. Having all-new Pokemon was fun to experiment with, but the lack of familiar faces in the main story made me feel disconnected. The Entralink was completely useless (Japan has yet to realize that in America, video-games are designed to shut people away, not bring them together). The post-game was just barely better than R/jG/B/Y, in that there was almost nothing new to do outside of explore east Unova and catch a few extra legendaries.

Team Plasma's hype was overexaggerated. All their talk about Pokemon liberation and they turned out to be just another typical bunch of Pokemon-stealing crooks. N meant well with his desire and I applaude him for having enough guts to challenge the morality of capturing Pokemon, but Ghetsis screwed him up just to push his plan of stealing everything away (and in B2/W2, we learn that N was never in charge to begin with; Team Plasma had always been under Ghetsis's control). Basically, they were just another Team Rocket with stupider outfits and another fake sense of nobility.

At least in B2/W2, steps are taken to alleviate these flaws. Unova gets better areas, the Entralink is actually somewhat useful to the solo player, some old favorite Pokemon are mixed in with the new ones, and the post-game is much, MUCH better.
#39BMSiriusPosted 11/26/2012 2:55:40 PM
D.

Gen V had its own AMAZING changes. BW2 just had a few more. BW2 is better mechanically, but Gen V was NOT a disappointment. I don't understand how anybody could feel that way.
---
White 2 FC: 0476-5597-5681 White FC: 1764-8367-1938.
I love Legendary Pokemon!
#40YaRlyJoe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 2:59:37 PM
Maetch posted...
C

After how big Sinnoh was in the prior gen, Unova's routes and areas felt too small and linear. Even Kanto in G/S/C felt bigger than it. Having all-new Pokemon was fun to experiment with, but the lack of familiar faces in the main story made me feel disconnected. The Entralink was completely useless (Japan has yet to realize that in America, video-games are designed to shut people away, not bring them together). The post-game was just barely better than R/jG/B/Y, in that there was almost nothing new to do outside of explore east Unova and catch a few extra legendaries.

Team Plasma's hype was overexaggerated. All their talk about Pokemon liberation and they turned out to be just another typical bunch of Pokemon-stealing crooks. N meant well with his desire and I applaude him for having enough guts to challenge the morality of capturing Pokemon, but Ghetsis screwed him up just to push his plan of stealing everything away (and in B2/W2, we learn that N was never in charge to begin with; Team Plasma had always been under Ghetsis's control). Basically, they were just another Team Rocket with stupider outfits and another fake sense of nobility.

At least in B2/W2, steps are taken to alleviate these flaws. Unova gets better areas, the Entralink is actually somewhat useful to the solo player, some old favorite Pokemon are mixed in with the new ones, and the post-game is much, MUCH better.

I could not agree with this post more. People talk about how great the story of BW1 is (it isn't) but it's just Game Freak teasing with an interesting theme and then copping out at the last minute because lol Ghestis was using people and just wanted to take over the world the whole time lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/LWtaf.jpg