This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best attack in the game?

#21reaverzPosted 11/26/2012 7:52:00 PM(edited)
SirRobX posted...
Polimario posted...
Earthquake.

Always has been #1, will likely stay #1.

Flying types, Levitate, and the Air Balloon can all be used to avoid it though... It also doesn't have any extra effects like a chance of burn or paralysis. It's a great move, but I wouldn't call it the best.

The very fact that Gamefreak has included so many different ways to avoid Ground moves speaks volumes of how significant Earthquake is in the competitive scene. Also, I think Polimario was talking about how on Smogon's usage charts, Earthquake is ranked #1 as the move that is ran the most often, on average.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#22HydroDragonPosted 11/26/2012 7:50:26 PM
Obviously Outrage. No attack can demolish pokemon like Outrage can.
---
PSN/X-Box:- HydroDragon95
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
#23Michael_PatcherPosted 11/26/2012 7:53:02 PM
HydroDragon posted...

The problem with Outrage is that the user is locked into it, easily allowing for countermeasures. If the opponent doesn't have a good counter (Steel type with good defense, i.e. Skarmory), then yeah, the opponent is in for a tough ride.
#24Reno_TarshilPosted 11/26/2012 7:53:51 PM
HYYYYYPPPUUUU BEEEAAAMMMU!
---
"Man who stand on toilet, is high on pot."
Official Escavalier of the B2/W2 Boards!
#25CrystalKing5426Posted 11/26/2012 8:01:09 PM
Reno_Tarshil posted...
HYYYYYPPPUUUU BEEEAAAMMMU!

It was one of the best moves in Gen I, mostly because there wasn't much competition for good moves back then and it didn't need to recharge if you KO-ed the enemy with it.
#26Chaos_MissilePosted 11/26/2012 8:01:59 PM
Michael_Patcher posted...
HydroDragon posted...

The problem with Outrage is that the user is locked into it, easily allowing for countermeasures. If the opponent doesn't have a good counter (Steel type with good defense, i.e. Skarmory), then yeah, the opponent is in for a tough ride.

>implies Steel type as the only counter
I'm guessing Protect, Detect and all those annoying moves the NPCs loves to spam are useless then?

I honestly dont know; dont play into the competitive scene....except the Battle Facilities...occasionally.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#27SirRobX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:06:07 PM(edited)
Michael_Patcher posted...
If you're using Normal Arceus it can hold anything it wants.

But then you might as well be using Return.
RoccoRed posted...
Does it have to be a normal move or it can be signature?

Yeah, of course it can be a signature move!
DragonNinja1337 posted...
One of the following: V-create, ExtremeSpeed, Sacred Fire, Water Spout, Blue Flare, Spacial Rend, Psystrike, Seed Flare, Hidden Power.

V-create's crazy strong. But I'd argue that Draco Meteor's better, since you're basically forced to switch out after using a V-create. At least you can stay in if you're using Draco Meteor on a mixed set.
ExtremeSpeed's priority is great, but it can't hit all types, and it can't do supereffective damage.
Sacred Fire and Blue Flare are good choices, since burn is really crippling. Any Pokemon that could learn either of those would probably use them.
Water Spout's only good at max health... I think only Kyogre uses it effectively, anyway.
Psystrike is good, but Sacred Fire is probably better for its effect.
Seed Flare can't really contend with Sacred Fire or Blue Flare in terms of coverage or effect either.
Hidden Power's a great move, I agree. It's only good for its availability though-- if all Pokemon had access to every move, you'd never see it.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3310 8523 8493
#28DemiseEndPosted 11/26/2012 8:04:15 PM
Based on distribution, power, and reliability, and mostly meta dominance.

Per gen

Gen 1: Lets put this simply, Body Slam is not merely the best move in gen 1, Body Slam IS gen 1. Everything resolves around Body Slam, everything is related to Body Slam, and every other thing is a side effect. Massive distribution, equally massive coverage(Normal was arguably the Dragon of gen 1), inflict the all important para at 30% rate, and good power to boot. This is the reason of existence for Tauros, Snorlax, Golem, and Rhydon

Close second are Psychic which is essentialy worse Body Slam, and special.

Gen 2: No move can be called dominant in this gen, so give it to the solid move such as BoltBeam, EQ, Seismic Toss, Surf and Fire Blast.

Gen 3: Read GSC. Arguably Hidden Power. Look at how many sets RELIED on Hidden Power coverage and you will see the point

Gen 4 : Draco Meteor, Outrage, Explosion U Turn. 2 or 3 Pokemon become a monster thanks to this DM alone, Outrage is Garchomp move of choice. Explosion lead is EXTREMELY popular.

U Turn is frequently used by Scizor and Flygon, he #! metagame pokemon, and the rising star of final Gen 4 metagame respectively.

Outrage is used by Mence, Nite, Chomp, Flygon, and Kingdra. All of which is prominent in gen 4, Nite for being the only pseudo dragon in OU, Flygon for being extremely useful, and Kingdra for having a massive rise of popularity thanks to Chesto DD.

Gen 5: Volt Turn. Nuff said
Nothing is better than putting 2 Pokemon in a team to make a dangerous core.

Overall:

Judgment and EQ for the form.

100/100 BP
10/10 PP

Those are the best form you can ask for, really

Volt Turn for side effect
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#29_KGC_Posted 11/26/2012 8:04:26 PM
Sacred Fire
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#30coreekymonPosted 11/26/2012 8:16:12 PM
I would say V-Create. In the hands of Victini it gets stab and has 100% accuracy, which makes it a 270 BP move with 100% accuracy with the only down side being that it lowers speed and defenses 1 stage. That down side can even be countered if you put a mental herb or choice scarf on him.
---
Please check out my blog/guide to competitive pokemon at pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com