This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best attack in the game?

#31MileRunPosted 11/26/2012 7:19:49 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Michael_Patcher posted...
HydroDragon posted...
Obviously Outrage. No attack can demolish pokemon like Outrage can.

The problem with Outrage is that the user is locked into it, easily allowing for countermeasures. If the opponent doesn't have a good counter (Steel type with good defense, i.e. Skarmory), then yeah, the opponent is in for a tough ride.

>implies Steel type as the only counter
I'm guessing Protect, Detect and all those annoying moves the NPCs loves to spam are useless then?

I honestly dont know; dont play into the competitive scene....except the Battle Facilities...occasionally.

You do not want to use Protect to block Outrage. It stops the attack completely, meaning that the Outrage lock disappears and the Confusion side-effect never activates. Steel-types, massively bulky Pokemon, and death fodder for safe switches really are the only things you can throw at a rampaging Dragon.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#32MileRunPosted 11/26/2012 7:30:18 PM
Oh, yeah - the best attack in the game: I'd have to say U-Turn.

-It breaks Focus Sash, Sturdy, Air Balloon, Focus Punch, and potentially even Substitute while switching.
-It guarantees that you'll know what Pokemon your opponent has out when you make your switch. If the opponent switches on the same turn, you'll know what it is before you select your Pokemon.
-If you put it on a fast Pokemon, you can almost guarantee that your Pokemon won't be touched until it's the last one left if you so choose. If you put it on a slow Pokemon, you can guarantee that your switch comes in safely.

Volt Switch is functionally identical, but it's easier to block. A Choice-locked Volt Switcher can end up giving free turns to Pokemon with Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, or Lightningrod, or even just plain Ground-types.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#33SirRobX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:32:19 PM
reaverz posted...
The very fact that Gamefreak has included so many different ways to avoid Ground moves speaks volumes of how significant Earthquake is in the competitive scene. Also, I think Polimario was talking about how on Smogon's usage charts, Earthquake is ranked #1 as the move that is ran the most often, on average.

But the fact that Gamefreak has included so many different ways to avoid Ground moves... shows that there are many different ways to avoid Ground moves.
Is it really #1?! But... but Genesect doesn't use it?!

DemiseEnd posted...
(snip)

Gen 5: Volt Turn. Nuff said
Nothing is better than putting 2 Pokemon in a team to make a dangerous core.

Overall:

Judgment and EQ for the form.

100/100 BP
10/10 PP

Those are the best form you can ask for, really

Volt Turn for side effect

Oh, you had fun there, didn't you?! That's great, I'm glad the topic's interesting, haha.
I dunno if I could count Volt Turn, though. That'd be like counting Bolt Beam... It's two attacks, not one. You gotta pick one.

Lots of diverse opinions... I'm sure we can decide on one, though. It seems like Earthquake's the most popular choice so far.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3310 8523 8493
#34Kromlech06Posted 11/26/2012 7:38:46 PM
Ice Beam, EQ, U-Turn, all tied for first.
#35mralpha543Posted 11/26/2012 7:39:15 PM
Endeavor or Rock Slide(Stone Edge)? I always mix them up.
---
Rocket Professor Al ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Rocket take over world!
#36wutzgoodPosted 11/26/2012 7:39:38 PM
This was voted on a long time ago. Ice beam won followed by EQ.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#37TiamatKillerPosted 11/26/2012 7:40:06 PM
Scald, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Outrage, Mach Punch...you can't name one.
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#38DemiseEndPosted 11/26/2012 7:42:56 PM(edited)
Kromlech06 posted...
Ice Beam, EQ, U-Turn, all tied for first.

Essentialy

As Poli put it perfectly, EQ was(even in gen 1 it only loses to BS because BS was totally BS) the best move, still is, and will always be.

Every move that can be considered the best would be a bit worse than EQ(95 Base Specials such as Surf, Ice Beam, and Bolt, and to an extent Fire Blast as a honorable mention for being better as a whole than Flamethrower), an EQ variant as far as BP goes, or a variant of U-Turn
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#39HydroDragonPosted 11/26/2012 7:43:17 PM
If you consider the best attack in the game simply as the attack you'd choose if you only had 1 moveslot then I think Outrage is the one. Brilliant coverage, base power high enough to OHKO mostly anything that doesn't invest in bulk.
---
PSN/X-Box:- HydroDragon95
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
#40SirRobX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:45:19 PM
wutzgood posted...
This was voted on a long time ago. Ice beam won followed by EQ.

That's factoring in availability, right? I'm sure that without it, the results would be very different...

'Course, I don't wanna limit anyone's opinions by putting more limitations than I already have, so...
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3310 8523 8493