This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you expect the first gen 6 leak of information?

#61xyzlacticPosted 11/28/2012 3:55:53 PM
so i guess Febuary 2013 is when we get to see our first glimpse og gen6 pokemon! :D
#62P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 11/28/2012 4:00:37 PM
Depends on whether or not they release a BW3
Though that's highly unlikely, as is a Gen III Remake, so my guess would be maybe March or April next year for a glimpse of Gen VI
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#63Master_AlbertPosted 11/28/2012 4:21:08 PM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
Master_Albert posted...
uhm 2009 maybe? i think th'ats wen gen 6 came out in jappan

Uh, last I checked, 2009 was still within the fourth generation, even in Japan, as that's the year that fourth-generation games HeartGold/SoulSilver came out in Japan (highly-ignored fourth-generation installment Platinum came out internationally in 2009 also, but that game's hardly worth very many mentions). In fact, I don't think any fifth-generation Pokémon were even revealed until 2010 (when Zorua and Zoroark were first revealed for their movie), quite a bit later than one would have expected (people were expecting a fifth-generation Pokémon reveal as early as the Shaymin movie)...

but shinypikachu hg/ss was gen 6 not gen 4 lol lrn2gen
---
gen 8 is the best gen so far
#64shiningpikablu252Posted 11/28/2012 7:21:33 PM(edited)
Master_Albert posted...

Name the first new Pokémon species unveiled for HeartGold/SoulSilver then, keeping in mind that a new form for an existing Pokémon (i.e. the notched-ear Pichu) is not a new Pokémon in and of itself. Oh, wait--there were no new Pokémon species introduced in HeartGold/SoulSilver, because it's not a generation in and of itself! (If new forms of existing Pokémon were to be considered generation dividers, then your "eight generations" claim would not hold water, since you'd have to argue that Emerald and Platinum are each generations in and of themselves due to introducing new forms, Deoxys's Speed Form and Giratina's Origin Form/Shaymin's Sky Form/Rotom's alternate forms respectively, and you'd now have to claim that we're in the tenth generation as of now. This would also mean that Munchlax was revealed three generations ahead of time, since it was revealed around the same time as the official revelation of the final third-generation event Pokémon Deoxys.)

The one telltale sign of a new generation is new Pokémon species--if remakes were generations in and of themselves, they'd introduce completely new Pokémon, and as such make it so that Turtwig's National Pokédex number wouldn't be #387 nor would Arceus and Victini be next to each other in the National Pokédex, since there'd be an entire generation's worth of Pokémon between Deoxys and Turtwig and another between Arceus and Victini. Furthermore, if remakes were indeed their own generations, FireRed/LeafGreen would not be able to freely trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Colosseum, and XD: Gale of Darkness (the other five games that make up the actual third generation) under any circumstances, nor would HeartGold/SoulSilver be able to freely trade with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (the other three games that make up the actual fourth generation) under any circumstances. Also, if Black/White 2 were its own generation, Genesect would not currently be the last Pokémon in National Pokédex order since there'd be another generation's worth of Pokémon between Genesect and the end, and Black/White 2 wouldn't be able to freely trade with Black/White (the currently two other games that make up the current fifth generation, with undoubtedly a Gray and probably a Gray 2, both on the 3DS, also coming along later to join the fifth generation and possibly complete it barring a Black/White 3 and possibly a Gray 3, all of them on the 3DS, as well)...

(If I had a dollar for every time I've had to make this lecture, I could probably buy a Wii U deluxe version right now. The main problem would then be finding one...)
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#65Master_AlbertPosted 11/28/2012 7:52:14 PM
Master_Albert posted...

Name the first new Pokémon species unveiled for HeartGold/SoulSilver then, keeping in mind that a new form for an existing Pokémon (i.e. the notched-ear Pichu) is not a new Pokémon in and of itself. Oh, wait--there were no new Pokémon species introduced in HeartGold/SoulSilver, because it's not a generation in and of itself! (If new forms of existing Pokémon were to be considered generation dividers, then your "eight generations" claim would not hold water, since you'd have to argue that Emerald and Platinum are each generations in and of themselves due to introducing new forms, Deoxys's Speed Form and Giratina's Origin Form/Shaymin's Sky Form/Rotom's alternate forms respectively, and you'd now have to claim that we're in the tenth generation as of now. This would also mean that Munchlax was revealed three generations ahead of time, since it was revealed around the same time as the official revelation of the final third-generation event Pokémon Deoxys.)

The one telltale sign of a new generation is new Pokémon species--if remakes were generations in and of themselves, they'd introduce completely new Pokémon, and as such make it so that Turtwig's National Pokédex number wouldn't be #387 nor would Arceus and Victini be next to each other in the National Pokédex, since there'd be an entire generation's worth of Pokémon between Deoxys and Turtwig and another between Arceus and Victini. Furthermore, if remakes were indeed their own generations, FireRed/LeafGreen would not be able to freely trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Colosseum, and XD: Gale of Darkness (the other five games that make up the actual third generation) under any circumstances, nor would HeartGold/SoulSilver be able to freely trade with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (the other three games that make up the actual fourth generation) under any circumstances. Also, if Black/White 2 were its own generation, Genesect would not currently be the last Pokémon in National Pokédex order since there'd be another generation's worth of Pokémon between Genesect and the end, and Black/White 2 wouldn't be able to freely trade with Black/White (the currently two other games that make up the current fifth generation, with undoubtedly a Gray and probably a Gray 2, both on the 3DS, also coming along later to join the fifth generation and possibly complete it barring a Black/White 3 and possibly a Gray 3, all of them on the 3DS, as well)...

(If I had a dollar for every time I've had to make this lecture, I could probably buy a Wii U deluxe version right now. The main problem would then be finding one...)

u define a gen by saying their is new pokemans releesed but that is not how a gen is defined, according to oficial gam frak documens a gen is each noo set of gams
---
#66Probit_ReturnPosted 11/28/2012 8:17:46 PM(edited)
And HG/SS are included in the D/P/Pl set of games, hence why the generation is collectively referred to as D/P/Pl/HG/SS. FR/LG are included in R/S/E. Hence, 5 generations. Also, new pokemon defining generations is the best indicator for generation definement, because it's the most easily agreeable solution. Edit: By your definition, B/W2 would be a separate generation, since they are separate games from B/W1. It doesn't work that way.

Why am I feeding the troll? I thought these guys disappeared ages ago.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#67Master_AlbertPosted 11/28/2012 8:30:48 PM
Probit_Return posted...
And HG/SS are included in the D/P/Pl set of games, hence why the generation is collectively referred to as D/P/Pl/HG/SS. FR/LG are included in R/S/E. Hence, 5 generations. Also, new pokemon defining generations is the best indicator for generation definement, because it's the most easily agreeable solution. Edit: By your definition, B/W2 would be a separate generation, since they are separate games from B/W1. It doesn't work that way.

Why am I feeding the troll? I thought these guys disappeared ages ago.

bw2 is a seperate gen from bw, yes it does werk that way. like shinypikachu u beleive that a new gen is wen new pokemens r releesed but gam frak has conformed in a OFICIAL DOCMEN that a new gen is wen a new set of gams is releesed so their is 8 gens now

and i am not a trol, i do'nt liek trols either, i simpley want too enliten the pplz wit the trooth
---
#68R0cks0l1ddPosted 11/29/2012 10:00:32 AM
Master_Albert posted...

Everyone knows you two are the same person, give it a rest.
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker
#69kwando1313Posted 11/29/2012 10:17:16 AM
Wow. Trolls interacting with each other. Cool!
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#70shiningpikablu252Posted 11/29/2012 10:24:21 AM
kwando1313 posted...
Wow. <deleted>s interacting with each other. Cool!

Uh, last I checked, there was only one user who even fit that description in this entire topic. Pretty obvious who it is, though...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.