This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WORST main Pokemon games?

#21TyranidomegaPosted 11/28/2012 7:53:56 AM
spooky96 posted...
D/P/Pt isn't the worst, its the least best. lol At people who think Platinum had really significant changes so that it can be called a good game, it was just as boring as D/P.

Another thing....LOL at R/B being 2nd. This just proves further how terrible this board is.

Or it just proves that everyone here isn't hyped up on nostalgia pills.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#22John_MagnumPosted 11/28/2012 7:56:30 AM
What's Tiltyu's big problem with GSC? I've seen him mention "terrible design" a billion times, but I haven't been here long enough to see him actually say what his criticisms are.
---
John Magnum
Master of Subtlety
#23RoccoRedPosted 11/28/2012 7:59:43 AM
Tyranidomega posted...
spooky96 posted...
D/P/Pt isn't the worst, its the least best. lol At people who think Platinum had really significant changes so that it can be called a good game, it was just as boring as D/P.

Another thing....LOL at R/B being 2nd. This just proves further how terrible this board is.

Or it just proves that everyone here isn't hyped up on nostalgia pills.

This
---
Xbox Live: KeroTenu
PKMN FC: 5415-5334-2248
#24Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/28/2012 8:16:03 AM
What's Tiltyu's big problem with GSC? I've seen him mention "terrible design" a billion times, but I haven't been here long enough to see him actually say what his criticisms are.

horrible level curve (to the point the E4 is lv40 goddamn), johto pokemon that you can't get in johto, pokemon availability is the worst of kanto compiled (DAT PIDGEY), kanto was nuked to the point you can do everything in 1~2 hours, most johto pokemon have crappy stats even for gen 1/2 standards, turned team rocket into crybabies BAWW GIOVANNI
---
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png http://i.imgur.com/KjeJa.png
#25Dark_EinherjarPosted 11/28/2012 8:27:21 AM
G/S/C. Not their Gen IV remakes, though; I'm fine with them.

My reasons:

-Worst TM list ever.
Ice Beam replaced by Snore? Thunderbolt replaced by Dragonbreath? Substitute replaced by Nightmare? Rock Slide, the only decent Rock move available at the time, replaced by Fire Punch (Fire Blast made any other Fire move irrelevant then)? Tri Attack, which became awesome in Gen II onwards because of its added effect, replaced by FURY CUTTER? Body Slam replaced by Rock Smash?
This new TM list sucked; the new good moves didn't make up for the lost ones.

-Whitney's Miltank.
None, I repeat, NONE, of the Pokémon available to you up until Goldenrod, have a good match-up against that stupid cow. The only exception is that Machop you get in a trade, and even it might be in danger because of Miltank's traits, which make it very powerful for a 3rd Gym Leader (faster than any Pokémon you might find at that point in the game except Scyther, high defense, powerful offense in Stomp and Rollout, and access to recovery in Milk Drink). Aside from that, your best hope is to use a female Geodude with Selfdestruct and blow Miltank to smithereens.
Both of those options are stupid; no one should go out of their way so much just to deal with a single Pokémon.

-Kanto is boring.
No museum? No Safari Zone? Cinnabar Island is now just a pile of hardened lava? Mt. Moon is just a two-room place? Seafoam Islands is now just a small cave so that Blaine has a home? Cerulean Cave is gone? Seriously?
The post-game visit to Kanto was supposed to give us a nostalgia feeling, but because it has lost nearly everything Kanto used to have, it fails to do so.
The Kanto Gym Leaders and the map design are the only things that allow me to identify this ****** mess of a continent as Kanto. And I don't care if the reason why they butchered Kanto was because of game capacity issues; if they couldn't remake Kanto the way it was in Gen I, they should never have included it in Gen II in the first place!

I welcome the innovations to the Pokémon mechanics brought by G/S/C - namely the breeding system/egg moves, held items, separating Pokémon by gender, and even the first Move Tutor "prototype" in Crystal. I also liked the new Pokémon themselves.
Nevertheless, G/S/C are still the Pokémon games I like the least.

Thankfully, HG/SS corrected most of the things I disliked about G/S/C (Whitney's Miltank still pisses me off, but I can live with that).
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#26Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/28/2012 8:28:07 AM
No Safari Zone?

but that was literally the only thing gen 2 kanto did right
---
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png http://i.imgur.com/KjeJa.png
#27spooky96Posted 11/28/2012 8:33:41 AM
Haha this board is so ridiculous. Gen 1, arguably the worst gen is the general opinion here.
---
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h427/speaky961/serious.png
#28XWolfOPosted 11/28/2012 8:51:01 AM
Red/Green/Blue/Yellow of course. They started it all and are obviously the least developed of all of them. Simple.
---
It's-a me!
#29CharizardFirePosted 11/28/2012 8:52:16 AM
Ruby and Sapphire
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#30Chaos_MissilePosted 11/28/2012 8:58:59 AM
I would say GSC if HG/SS is any indication(also, I dont remember my run through Gold)

Has to be one of the most akward progression design for an RPG. Gym Leaders are barely harder or higher leveled than their earlier counterparts, trainers with alot of low level or weak teams, the level of the E4 vastly overpowers Clair by a large margin(which would be repeated in D/P...but it's not a bad thing there since you could always train using trainer rematch and their high level teams.), and half the new Gen 2 Pokemon are not available until AFTER the main game is over. Which means, you generally only work with about 70 or so Pokemon until the final boss, which is a stark contrast from RBGY
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008