This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WORST main Pokemon games?

#31wackyteenPosted 11/28/2012 8:10:07 AM
Gen IV by pretty far.

Not that it is bad. I enjoyed them when I played them but when I went back and played Platinum, I no longer enjoyed Gen IV's main games. HG/SS is the only great thing to come out of Gen IV.
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
#32Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/28/2012 8:17:55 AM
Not that it is bad. I enjoyed them when I played them but when I went back and played Platinum, I no longer enjoyed Gen IV's main games. HG/SS is the only great thing to come out of Gen IV.

you got that backwards

HG/SS were the only bad thing to come of gen 4

that, and the eeveelutions
---
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png http://i.imgur.com/KjeJa.png
#33wackyteenPosted 11/28/2012 8:19:37 AM
you got that backwards

HG/SS were the only bad thing to come of gen 4

that, and the eeveelutions

I played the **** out of HG/SS.

I only beat Platinum once because it compelled to only put it down.

I've put hundreds of hours into each individual main Pokemon game, aside from Platinum and maybe Pearl(which was still over 100)
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
#34Dark_EinherjarPosted 11/28/2012 8:29:00 AM(edited)
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
No Safari Zone?

but that was literally the only thing gen 2 kanto did right

I was fine with the Safari Zone.
Back in Gen I, I think Kangaskhan and Tauros were the only two Pokémon you couldn't find anywhere else, so these two and the HM03/Gold Teeth were the only reason you had to ever go there.
In all subsequent games, not only did they remove all of the mandatory stuff from the Safari Zones, but you could also cheat on the step count by using Sweet Scent or "moving in place" by lightly tapping the D-pad in order to change the direction your character is looking at (that doesn't count as a step for the Safari Zone's counter, but will still trigger random battles). You could do the latter in Gen I as well, I think.
Therefore, you were only limited by the amount of Safari Balls.

No, I had no problems with any of the Safari Zones, except for one afternoon when I was particularly unlucky and spent hours looking for a Chansey in FR/LG.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#35BalderSamaPosted 11/28/2012 8:28:14 AM
To me, it was Gen 4. Pacing too slow, there were only a few pokemon designs I liked, for examples frosslass, Lucario and some 3rd stage evolutions from Gen 3 pokes. Some designs miffed me to no ends, like that silly drifloon/drifblim being a ghost pokemon. While I did find it kickass that it featured a female champion for the first time (with a pretty strong lineup to boot), overall the experience wasn't so good for me.

To basically sum up, I wouldn't say DPP was the worst main poke game. It has its charms and I still consider it to have the second best set of poke starters but it just wasn't for me.
---
FC: 1421-4937-1476
#36Baseball4Lyfe85Posted 11/28/2012 8:29:22 AM
anyone who hates gen 3 is not a true fan. Without gen 3 you wouldn't have sp. def/attack splits which are crucial to competitive play and made it a game not just for little kids, move tutors which pretty much invented here unless you count head but in the forest in gsc or the few one time ones in rby, Battle frontier which lets face it was fun and anyone who says other wise is crazy. Lets face it RSE were good games and were the stepping stones for what we have now.

now just wait for the trolls
#37Pram_the_OraclePosted 11/28/2012 8:29:35 AM
GSC

Only one I actually hate.
---
Aww, I lost to SuperNiceDog, Winner of the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest
#38Capitan_KidPosted 11/28/2012 8:32:19 AM
How is RSE not winning? Those games were bland as hell. Gamefaqs I am disappoint.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#39Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/28/2012 8:33:06 AM
How is GSC not winning? Those games were bland as hell. Gamefaqs I am disappoint.

fix'd
---
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png http://i.imgur.com/KjeJa.png
#40ZERO2936Posted 11/28/2012 8:35:00 AM
Only Diamond and Pearl. Since the poll option includes Platinum, I didn't vote.
---
Official Magnezone of the PMD: Managate and the Infinite Labyrinth Boards