This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WORST main Pokemon games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. WORST main Pokemon games?
3 years ago#51
Baseball4Lyfe85 posted...
anyone who hates gen 3 is not a true fan ... now just wait for the trolls

Your post didn't start that wait, it ended it lol.

Without gen 3 you wouldn't have sp. def/attack splits which are crucial to competitive play and made it a game not just for little kids

Only... that happened in gen 2.

move tutors which pretty much invented here

Crystal, gen 2, and until gen 4 they were basically poor man's TMs as they weren't in your bag, could still only be used once, and were usually former TMs.

Battle frontier which lets face it was fun

Sure was fun watching the game play and lose by itself!
3 years ago#52
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
Not that it is bad. I enjoyed them when I played them but when I went back and played Platinum, I no longer enjoyed Gen IV's main games. HG/SS is the only great thing to come out of Gen IV.

you got that backwards

HG/SS were the only bad thing to come of gen 4

that, and the eeveelutions

wat...
---
Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! *Manical laughter*
3 years ago#53
They all have their high points, and I love them all (except B/W2 and that's only because I haven't played it yet), so the worst has to go to Gen 1, if only because they're not as technically advanced as the later series. Even though to a lot of people, myself included, that simplicity is part of its charm.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
3 years ago#54
Anyone who voted Gen 1 is stupid.

Gen 1 set the tone for Pokemon games to this date. Of course all the other versions have more content and Pokemon as a whole. But still... voting Gen 1? Really? Fail.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Stop giving companies extra pocket money.
3 years ago#55
Crystal, gen 2, and until gen 4 they were basically poor man's TMs as they weren't in your bag, could still only be used once, and were usually former TMs.

emerald

Battle frontier which lets face it was fun

Sure was fun watching the game play and lose by itself!

nobody liked battle palace so i don't see what's your point
---
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png http://i.imgur.com/KjeJa.png
3 years ago#56
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
The main villains were awful, the pokemon were bland

dude you just described gen 2

BAWW GIOVANNI BAWWWWWWWW and lol most gen 2 pokes

Yeah, that's true, but I personally loved the Pokemon of Gen 2. Phanphy and Totodile are my buds. But Gen 2 also brought in new features like Time/Day/Night and the Bug Catching Competition that was always fun IMO.

Plus, the fact that you could revisit Kanto and challenge them + Red and Blue was just awesome in itself. Overall Gen 2 was better than Gen 4 IMO. Only good thing I can say about gen 4 is that the real Special/Attack split that actually made some of the useless pokemon useful.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 0691 3078 2140
3 years ago#57
Anyone who says Gen1&2 is the worst can't have played the games when they were new/popular/actual
---
Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! *Manical laughter*
3 years ago#58
I'm surprised that gsc is so low, since the amount of people that bash it to unhealthy levels. That said, I voted rse. I just did't like it much.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
3 years ago#59
Anyone who says Gen1&2 is the worst can't have played the games when they were new/popular/actual

i did

gen 2 is still a complete piece of trash
---
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png http://i.imgur.com/KjeJa.png
3 years ago#60
from JUST a gameplay standpoint, obviously Gen 1 is the worst since the games get better with each release, but gen 1 is still my favorite set of pokemon

---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. WORST main Pokemon games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived