This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WORST main Pokemon games?

#81Dark_EinherjarPosted 11/28/2012 10:51:07 AM
bigt3224 posted...
I hated Diamond and Pearl. The Pokemon were super lame minus 20 or so, and it was too easy. I beat the game with absolutely no grinding and I think I only used like 4 pokemon throughout the entire game, just because I didn't like the rest.

I beat the whole thing with just Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, and Lucario.

Less Pokémon -> more EXP for the ones you're using -> higher levels -> game becomes easier.

I beat Emerald once with nothing but a Sceptile and a Linoone; they were LV 60+ by the time I faced the E4, and I didn't grind.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#82bigt3224Posted 11/28/2012 10:52:17 AM
I skipped half the trainers too haha. I got so bored with it I just wanted to end it.
---
PSN: bigt5478
#83InfernalFivePosted 11/28/2012 11:01:27 AM
Any answer other than RBY or GSC should be ignored.
---
"Needs more butter!"
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyfabsU4xH1qzy531o1_500.jpg
#84EmperorLelouchPosted 11/28/2012 11:05:24 AM
RSE easily
#85aPimp_named_leEPosted 11/28/2012 11:22:49 AM
I can't vote. i like them all. there has not been a weak main game for me yet. i even play the old ones on emulators from time to time. now if we were talking about spin-off games...
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~
#86BloodlustSwedenPosted 11/28/2012 11:44:45 AM
FL81 posted...
In terms of gameplay mechanics, RBY is easily the worst.

As for actual enjoyment, DPPt.

---
Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! *Manical laughter*
#87carlsjosPosted 11/28/2012 12:13:21 PM
RSE has the best music out of all of them...it should not be getting this many votes.
#88MeanestGuyEverPosted 11/28/2012 12:52:06 PM
Platinum is so far ahead of Diamond and Pearl I don't even know why people are lumping them together
---
i want u to take a hard look at the doller bill in your hand, stare at it, and really ask is this what the people are dying for? - Lil B
#89kenshimoriPosted 11/28/2012 12:54:53 PM
I have to go with D/P/P.

While I haven't played B/W yet, D/P/P was by far the most forgetful for me, and I'm still trying to play the stupid game. I really can't remember pretty much anything about the game, as I've spent months on and off trying to finish it. I remember more from the one time I got through Sapphire when I played that 8 years ago, than I do from Pearl when I tried it 3 years ago and Platinum that I'm still trying to play now.. I don't play competitively, so "balance" doesn't mean much to me at all. Hardly any of the Pokemon available suit my cup of tea - Using mainly a Nidoking, Luxray, and a Arcanine a friend gifted me. Defog makes Flash seem like a good idea (it wasn't). But mostly, it bores the crap out of me.
#90WolfJouninPosted 11/28/2012 12:56:54 PM
Even though DPPT refined the mechanics heavily, it had a really depressing atmosphere (not intentionally by the designers) in that it felt like Pokemon was getting really stale, at least for me. Again, that's not to say it didn't have a lot of gems, but it didn't feel the same to me as gen 1-3 did (in that I was always excited and looking forward to playing more, here it felt like a chore sometimes), and eventually the gen 5 games.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.