This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

could next pokemon main game be in full 3D?

#11Nidhogg151Posted 11/29/2012 2:20:01 AM
MileRun posted...
calvin_0 posted...
will any fans object to this?

That's not even a question. Of course some fans will object to it. Probably not an insignificant percentage either, knowing this fanbase.

I don't actually think this will be a complaint, simply for the fact you can turn 3D off and it won't effect anything. I can see people complaining that it's "not 3D enough" though.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#12ZombieAkanePosted 11/29/2012 2:24:56 AM
You mean 3D that pops out of the screen, or 3D like Playstation 3 graphics?
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#13ArcaneRainbowsPosted 11/29/2012 2:27:41 AM
It could and in my opinion it should.
---
FINALLY (RE)CONSTRUCTED: Official Serperior and Looker of the Pokemon Black 2 Board.
#14calvin_0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 2:48:03 AM
Nidhogg151 posted...
simply for the fact you can turn 3D off and it won't effect anything. I can see people complaining that it's "not 3D enough" though.

ZombieAkane posted...
You mean 3D that pops out of the screen, or 3D like Playstation 3 graphics?

i dont mean 3D as in 3D gimmick, 3D as in 3D character model, like most game out there.

MileRun posted...

That's not even a question. Of course some fans will object to it. Probably not an insignificant percentage either, knowing this fanbase.

let me rephrase the question, will the fanbase (majority) object to a main pokemon game that will be in full 3D?
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#15jeipiyakuPosted 11/29/2012 2:53:23 AM
the overworld map , sprites, gameplay is not important to be in 3d. but the scenes should change, similar/same as what the did in the wii, or better yet do something like fire emblem in terms of battles. that would fully utilize the 3ds hardware.

but i think since ds/dsi/dsixl is still the most popular handheld gaming device in japan, we wont be seeing it anytime soon
#16Serebii from SPPPosted 11/29/2012 3:58:30 AM
The developers have said they intend to keep using sprites
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#17MileRunPosted 11/29/2012 4:00:46 AM
calvin_0 posted...
MileRun posted...

let me rephrase the question, will the fanbase (majority) object to a main pokemon game that will be in full 3D?

Not the majority, no. There will be an unreasonably high amount of BAAAAWing on message boards like this one, though.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#18SephirothtPosted 11/29/2012 4:33:40 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
The developers have said they intend to keep using sprites

This was the first thing that came to mind.
---
Officially faved Ninetales on the B2 Board
Retired Executive.
#19TaticalWarriorPosted 11/29/2012 5:11:59 AM
I hope it just makes use of 3D areas, and change the walking mechanics and encounters. Full 3D could bring up on-map pokemon, big areas, being able to see the horizon...

I want to explore the pokemon wold, more immersion :/
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#20TowerBooks3192Posted 11/29/2012 5:33:07 AM
full 3D would be nice however I prefer its current graphics and the DS due to its longer battery life over the 3DS.

My only wish is that they would have a version that all pokemons could be caught in it except events of course. I won't mind paying for event pokemons I missed as DLCs
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"