could next pokemon main game be in full 3D?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. could next pokemon main game be in full 3D?
4 years ago#11
MileRun posted...
calvin_0 posted...
will any fans object to this?

That's not even a question. Of course some fans will object to it. Probably not an insignificant percentage either, knowing this fanbase.

I don't actually think this will be a complaint, simply for the fact you can turn 3D off and it won't effect anything. I can see people complaining that it's "not 3D enough" though.
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
4 years ago#12
You mean 3D that pops out of the screen, or 3D like Playstation 3 graphics?
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
4 years ago#13
It could and in my opinion it should.
FINALLY (RE)CONSTRUCTED: Official Serperior and Looker of the Pokemon Black 2 Board.
4 years ago#14
Nidhogg151 posted...
simply for the fact you can turn 3D off and it won't effect anything. I can see people complaining that it's "not 3D enough" though.

ZombieAkane posted...
You mean 3D that pops out of the screen, or 3D like Playstation 3 graphics?

i dont mean 3D as in 3D gimmick, 3D as in 3D character model, like most game out there.

MileRun posted...

That's not even a question. Of course some fans will object to it. Probably not an insignificant percentage either, knowing this fanbase.

let me rephrase the question, will the fanbase (majority) object to a main pokemon game that will be in full 3D?
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
4 years ago#15
the overworld map , sprites, gameplay is not important to be in 3d. but the scenes should change, similar/same as what the did in the wii, or better yet do something like fire emblem in terms of battles. that would fully utilize the 3ds hardware.

but i think since ds/dsi/dsixl is still the most popular handheld gaming device in japan, we wont be seeing it anytime soon
4 years ago#16
The developers have said they intend to keep using sprites
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
4 years ago#17
calvin_0 posted...
MileRun posted...

let me rephrase the question, will the fanbase (majority) object to a main pokemon game that will be in full 3D?

Not the majority, no. There will be an unreasonably high amount of BAAAAWing on message boards like this one, though.
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
4 years ago#18
Serebii from SPP posted...
The developers have said they intend to keep using sprites

This was the first thing that came to mind.
Officially faved Ninetales on the B2 Board
Retired Executive.
4 years ago#19
I hope it just makes use of 3D areas, and change the walking mechanics and encounters. Full 3D could bring up on-map pokemon, big areas, being able to see the horizon...

I want to explore the pokemon wold, more immersion :/
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
4 years ago#20
full 3D would be nice however I prefer its current graphics and the DS due to its longer battery life over the 3DS.

My only wish is that they would have a version that all pokemons could be caught in it except events of course. I won't mind paying for event pokemons I missed as DLCs
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. could next pokemon main game be in full 3D?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived