This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stop asking people for the best Pokemon Generation... there is no comparison

#71Natsume_Tien7Posted 11/29/2012 3:51:42 PM
Opinions can't be wrong. The facts attached to that opinion can be wrong. An opinion is someone's own thoughts and feelings. Say someone says Gen 1 is better because of Missingno. They'd be factually wrong as that is a glitch and an actual flaw of the game, but if that is how they truly feel you can't tell them they are wrong. There is no right or wrong when it comes to your feelings as they are something we can't always control.

I know there's something I'm forgetting to add but does that at least make a little sense? Btw TC I like the revised original post!
---
"Don't be single-minded. It will only serve to bind you later on."
- Faust
#72pokemongames(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 3:57:48 PM
How ridiculous is that mentality? Alright so let's all go around considering McDonalds to be healthy for you and thinking that every member of a certain race is exactly the same.

I mean they're both just opinions right, they CAN'T be wrong. /sarcasm
---
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and I am 100% proud of it.
#73MEGAzePosted 11/29/2012 4:12:17 PM
Natsume_Tien7 posted...
Opinions can't be wrong. The facts attached to that opinion can be wrong. An opinion is someone's own thoughts and feelings.

I know there's something I'm forgetting to add but does that at least make a little sense? Btw TC I like the revised original post!

No; it's a contradiction:

--A fact is a fact. It's certain to be true.

--An opinion is a belief; a conjecture, even.

--An opinion can be proven true, or it can be proven false.

--A fact can't be "wrong," no matter where it's "attached"...it's a fact.

If it rained in your town, today, you can't say "It's my opinion that it rained, today." It's already established as true. There's no "opinion" to be had about the matter.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uH5PF_4sd0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8aFev7Qexk
#74Natsume_Tien7Posted 11/29/2012 4:35:27 PM
pokemongames posted...
How ridiculous is that mentality? Alright so let's all go around considering McDonalds to be healthy for you and thinking that every member of a certain race is exactly the same.

I mean they're both just opinions right, they CAN'T be wrong. /sarcasm

You didn't even try to understand my post, did you? YES they are wrong with the facts, but if that is their opinion you can't tell them otherwise. Can opinions be absurdly stupid? Yes. Wrong? I don't think so and you obviously don't get the difference.

Alright so let's all go around considering McDonalds to be healthy for you and thinking that every member of a certain race is exactly the same.

Yes, because adopting others opinions as your own is the way every opinion works, right? You're just a stubborn mule who refuses to see things in any way but your own, everyone just give up on trying to even have a voice with this guy. You are wasting the wear of the letters on your keyboard.
---
- Faust
#75pokemongames(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 5:04:39 PM
Why is it that 75 posts in, nobody has actually debated anything that I stated in the OP or 12th post? I have a feeling that you guys just ignored most of it.
---
#76Natsume_Tien7Posted 11/29/2012 5:19:57 PM
I actually agree with a lot of what you said. I said this on a post somewhere else the other day, people tend not to see eye to eye on opinions if you are yelling them down from your royal balcony like they are some peasants you are announcing a law to that they must obey. You have to put yourself on an equal level and at least pretend to take their thoughts and feelings into account or people will just focus on the negative.
---
- Faust
#77AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/29/2012 5:37:53 PM
pokemongames posted...
Why is it that 75 posts in, nobody has actually debated anything that I stated in the OP or 12th post? I have a feeling that you guys just ignored most of it.

Seriously go take a nap. People, including myself, have referred to your first and even your 12th posts with answers. Once again:

pokemongames
Posted 11/29/2012 1:41:46 PM
message detail
Asking what Pokemon generation is the best only works if you mean comparing the games based on the time of their release. Otherwise there is no comparison.

How can you compare Gen 5 with Gen 1 at this point? Gen 5 is obviously better.

Honestly you're comparing a 1.5 month old game with a 14 year old game. Do you realize how much technology has changed in that span of time? There's no comparison.
---

People can like Gen 1 better than they like Gen 5, that in itself is a comparison. So yes you can compare these 2 games in other ways.

pokemongames
(Topic Creator)
Posted 11/29/2012 2:00:54 PM
message detail
Rose_Mage posted...
But Final Fantasy XIII-2 sucks beyond belief and Final Fantasy VI is kewl and should be remade.

That's all good and all, but Pokemon stays virtually the same every generation. The format has not changed one bit.

- Get your starter.
- Get the 8 badges.
- Beat the criminal organization.
- Beat the Pokemon League.

That has been the format of the Pokemon games since the beginning. So when you compare RBY (1998-1999) with B2W2 (2012) you can't really compare it based off of that format, because it would be like comparing a stale piece of bread with a fresh piece of bread. It's the same thing, except one is dated, and the other is new.

So what will your comparison be based on? Graphics and Post Game Challenges? Neither of those comparisons are fair because the B2W2 graphics/post game were impossible to be implemented into RBY.

ONCE AGAIN, you can compare it in other ways, I.E. someone can like the pokemon introduced in Gen 1 better than Gen 5. Some people can like Team Rocket better than Team Plasma and vice versa. You keep limiting the scope to technical aspects when there are more ways of comparing the 2 generations. Btw that penny example is pretty stupid, as worth isn't measured by just an object's monetary value. Not to mention that an old penny can be worth a lot more than today's dollar bills because of its rarity
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#78ClassyOldHatPosted 11/29/2012 7:42:38 PM
People compare the generations because of differences in region layout, Pokemon availability, and extra features that GF places in one generation then forgets about for the rest of the series. Stuff that is not necessarily based on cartridge space or processing power.

Some people like Gen IV more than gen V because of the VS. Seeker, and the Pokerader that allows for easier shinys.

Some like gen three more than all other generations because you can build secret bases in that game with far more freedom than any other game to try.

Some prefer the old EV system from gens 1 and 2 for it's simplicity.

Some dislike gen 2 more than gen one because of what they feel to be poor map layout.

Some people preferred gen 2 to gen 3 because you could reasonably "Catch em all" with only two games.

Some people prefer gen 3 to gen 4 because it was faster-paced.

Some prefer HG/SS to Black and White because of Pokemon following you and auto running.

And so on.
#79pokemongames(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 3:51:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]