This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What I want from GEN VI

#1STAYNDEBOKZRZPosted 11/29/2012 7:04:39 PM
Pretty backsprites! Gen V looks almost as bad as GEN I.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y2KsU_dhwI
#2Gardevoir47Posted 11/29/2012 7:06:17 PM
STAYNDEBOKZRZ posted...
Pretty backsprites! Gen V looks almost as bad as GEN I.

Gen 1 Charmeleon > Anything in life.

That was so bad.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game
#3Master_AlbertPosted 11/29/2012 8:16:50 PM
i think u meen gen 9? gen 6 wuz hg/ss
---
gen 8 is the best gen so far
#4reaverzPosted 11/29/2012 10:02:21 PM
Yeah, it's funny how the backsprites in Gen V actually repeated the same problem that affected Gen I backsprites. Silly Gamefreak, making the backsprites exactly the same size as the frontsprites again...

I hope we get large backsprites in Gen VI too, TC, so that they're at the same resolution as the frontsprites when the camera is held at the default position in battle.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#5BikdipOnABusPosted 11/29/2012 10:42:21 PM
I seem to be in a minority, but I never had a problem with the pixelated backsprites. I think they still look alright, and I prefer being able to see the entire Pokemon instead of just their head like before.

Making backsprites twice as big might solve the problem, but I seem to remember thinking of a reason why that wouldn't work a while ago. I don't remember what it was, though.

You know what I'd like to see from Gen IV? A way to catch the previous regions' starters. Not the crap that Emerald and HG/SS pulled, where you can get one of the three after a ton of effort, but just have them available in the wild. At 1% encounter rates, if you must. Or stick them in a side game or the new Dream World equivalent. I just don't like the way starters are handled.

Demoting some of the event legendaries would be nice too. I can understand some being event-only (Arceus, for instance, and I imagine Mew would always stay this way for the sake of tradition), but is there really any justification for stuff like Manaphy and Deoxys to be so difficult to obtain, whereas ones like Palkia and Groudon, which are way more mythical in nature and canonically powerful, can be caught in-game? Here's a better example - Celebi can travel through time. Dialga controls the very nature of time, can distort the world around it, and was around since the start of the universe. Yet for some reason, the less powerful of the two is the event-only one.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#6R0cks0l1ddPosted 11/30/2012 7:05:30 AM
The sprites themselves weren't bad, they were just more pixelated when zoomed in and looked noticeably worse.
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker
#7pokemonfreak97Posted 11/30/2012 7:31:08 AM
Master_Albert posted...

Gen 1: 151 Pokémon (RBY)
Gen 2: 251 Pokémon (GSC)
Gen 3: 386 Pokémon (RSEFRLG)
Gen 4: 493 Pokémon (DPPtHGSS)
Gen 5: 649 Pokémon (BWB2W2)

Also, you will be much more convincing about your flawed ideas if you can spell right. N and Ghetsis couldn't have nearly convinced the world to release their Pokémon if they hadn't spelled words correctly.
---
I hack life.
Got a Wii U launch night!
#8MugilokoPosted 11/30/2012 8:11:38 AM
Master_Albert posted...

Stop it. Seriously.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a6/571Zoroark.png/180px-571Zoroark.png
#9lolcopter133787Posted 11/30/2012 8:14:10 AM
What I really want more than anything is a Farfetch'd evolution. Give him some love already.
---
PSN: Klelslol (lower case L's)
#10NihiloExistantPosted 11/30/2012 8:26:54 AM

Nah, man, you have it wrong. Gen 6 was Crystal version.
---
--
A void, the proud and sinister dream of being nothing, of being always something other than I am.