This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RUMOR: Pokemon 3DS news.

#21electric_emuPosted 11/30/2012 2:40:00 AM
Hm.

Two more years, huh?

Remember, these aren't necessarily the next games, but probably Gen VI.
#22Nidhogg151Posted 11/30/2012 3:02:56 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
But bolded is the problem: people just dont want to admit, no matter how many hundred times we tell them, Dark is actually "Evil"(Cheaters) and is thus opposed to both Psychic(Mind) and Fighting(Honour). And I like how you missed out Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff for possible Sound types.

Those of "Dark" type would cheat in their exams(as opposed to a "Psychic" who would study) and use weapons in a bare-handed match(again, opposing "Fighting"'s preference for unarmed combat) .

Observe the resident Dark-type users. Cyrus is ruthless, Karen and Grimsley are, iirc, goth-emos, Sidney is a Punk rocker. The only Dark-type Giovanni uses is because its original name is DonKarasu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_boss

Most Dark-type users also tend to have the trainer class "Cueball" or "Punk" or their equivalent: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cueball

To be fair, can you blame me for forgetting them? lol. I don't mean to say that the ones I listed (as well as Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff) are the only sound types possible, I can even think of a few completely new designs that aren't used that can be based on sound. However, what I am getting at is you are going to have to stretch to get a reasonable amount in this one gen, let alone the future gens. I can guarantee that this next gen won't be the last of the main series of games, and I highly doubt that it'll be the final wave of Pokemon, so when thinking of new types they have to think ahead like that. And just how many generations of singing/big mouthed Pokemon can they make before it get REALLY redundant (by GF standards that is, it's already something they struggle with)?

Anyway as for Dark, I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I'm confused if what you are saying is for or against Light. Because even though what you say is right, it doesn't mean there is no room for Light at all. What represents Light in most other RPGs/video games/general media altogether? Paladins, priests, etc. They are often the "protectors" or fight along side the types you listed. And they would most likely be in an eternal conflict with those types, making Light 2x weak to Dark, and Dark 2x weak to Light.

Not only that but there are tons of things they can draw inspiration from to make these new Pokemon. From knights to anything religious based (within reason to not get anyone uppity of course) to even actual light itself. They could even use it to make a Normal type have a third evolution branch that splits between Light and Dark based on certain circumstances.

Anyway, I don't think that's the only, or even the best option, though I do think it's the most likely all things considered. Personally I like the Glass or Time/Space type ideas the best. There are tons of moves and Pokemon that could stem from them.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#23John_MagnumPosted 11/30/2012 3:08:55 AM
when i think paladin, thanks to D&D i think fighting/steel or fighting/psychic, i don't need a whole new type for paladins. i also don't think we need more than one evolutionary family or legendary trio that's paladin-themed.

i don't get how glass would work, i have a hard time imagining what it would be good against and how you would come up with more than like three fully-evolved pokemon that are glass-type. even thematically, "fragile transparent substance" is covered by Ice, in the same way that wind is covered by Flying.
---
John Magnum
The Most Controversial Man in the World
#24MerenwenragoPosted 11/30/2012 3:10:25 AM(edited)
Exploud line will fit the sound type well

"When it stamps its feet and bellows, it generates ultrasonic waves that can blow apart a house. "
---
Diamond: 0001 1116 6407 (Current) PBR: 3780 6842 7165 Pokemon Black 2: 0433 6174 3193
http://merenwenrago.webs.com/events-legit-checked
#25AugustDreamingPosted 11/30/2012 3:12:06 AM
I can understand old Pokemon getting new abilities and forms, but I really doubt there'll be a new type.

If I had to pick one then I think Sound would make a good type.
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#26MerenwenragoPosted 11/30/2012 3:14:39 AM
AugustDreaming posted...
I can understand old Pokemon getting new abilities and forms, but I really doubt there'll be a new type.

If I had to pick one then I think Sound would make a good type.

Theres also enough sound moves from what I see including Hyper Voice
---
Diamond: 0001 1116 6407 (Current) PBR: 3780 6842 7165 Pokemon Black 2: 0433 6174 3193
http://merenwenrago.webs.com/events-legit-checked
#27John_MagnumPosted 11/30/2012 3:21:38 AM(edited)
let me just point out:
there are sixteen fully-evolved ghost types.
there are eighteen fully-evolved dragon types.

can you think of twenty light types? twenty sound types?
can you think of eight distinct fully-evolved light types?

i do not think we want a return to the gen1/2 paradigm where some types have only one or two evolutionary families.

ETA: thirteen dragon-type moves, sixteen ghost-type moves. i suppose it wouldn't be too hard to come up with a dozen or so sound-based moves. there's probably that many that soundproof ignores already.
ETA2: Eighteen moves ignored by soundproof. however, bug buzz, grass whistle, and snarl are not about to change type. you could also make Howl a Sound-type, so that gives sixteen, almost all of which are status moves.
---
John Magnum
The Next Liefeld
#28QuetzalmaPosted 11/30/2012 3:36:00 AM
2 years seems good, next year they'll release RSE remakes(still in Gen 5), then they completely change the look of Pokemon with the Gen 6, seems like a completely acceptable timeline imo

Regarding the new typing, I still remember how alot of people we're "wtf we don't need new types" back in GSC, its just happening again, I think it's great and I hope its great, and Light seems like a good typing, not as "Good"(going against Dark "Evil"), but as smthing like "Brilliance", light-based moves, kinda like Flash, I'm sure they can find alot of light-based moves

Regarding full 3D, hell yeah, it's about time :D

Regarding story, world-wide crisis, seems nice, I'll be waiting for more
#29King-gamerPosted 11/30/2012 3:37:33 AM
The new type will be Space Type.

We get Space type attacks like Black Hole, Solar Flare, Gamma Ray Burst, and Super Nova. Solrock and Lunatone is changed to Space types and gets new evolutions.

Seriously, I do not think there will be a new type. Not 5 gens later......

Off-topic: I wish that Metroid game is real right now.
#30John_MagnumPosted 11/30/2012 3:39:19 AM
in gen 1 people were totally like "what the f*** why is psychic so goddamn op", don't act like nobody thought the type chart was out of whack
and again if you think it's so easy to crap out a bunch of Light type pokemon, name eight fully-evolved Light type pokemon that aren't perfectly sensibly electric, fire, or psychic type
---
John Magnum
Master of Subtlety