This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RUMOR: Pokemon 3DS news.

#31Garr-Posted 11/30/2012 3:39:31 AM
Oh great. More new forms. I really hope this is not true.
#32MileRunPosted 11/30/2012 3:43:20 AM
Guys, what if it actually does end up being a Light-type? That means every internet argument I've made regarding a hypothetical Light-type for the past bazillion years were wrong!

I don't think I'd be able to take it!</melodrama>
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#33King-gamerPosted 11/30/2012 3:47:35 AM
Introducing new type: Digital

Pokemon artificially created with computers like Porygon. Porygon is now changed to Digital type......

Oh. shiiiiii. Not Digimon again.
#34ponderingcowPosted 11/30/2012 3:59:43 AM
So roughly two years for me to purchase a 3DS
New type will be "thing" for all the new and strange things they make and everything will be super effective against it

Also pikachu will now be 9999999 in each stat
---
Posted from my GBA with L33T Cheese v1
#35Serebii from SPPPosted 11/30/2012 4:38:11 AM(edited)
People. What is my rule about rumours?

For one, Battrio is DEAD. It got replaced by Tretta in the summer.

This is all complete bollocks. All they did was spout vague statements and things that are "likely". It's just bull.
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#36LightningHawk90Posted 11/30/2012 4:38:05 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...

Hey, let people speculate and when some confirmation finally comes, we'll know.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#37Serebii from SPPPosted 11/30/2012 4:40:16 AM
RageKaiser posted...
Serebii from SPP posted...

Hey, let people speculate and when some confirmation finally comes, we'll know.

999 times out of 1000, all rumours related to Pokémon are wrong, and the times they aren't, the person got lucky. GameFreak are very close to their chest, especially after the crap with Melkor in 2010
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#38Nidhogg151Posted 11/30/2012 4:46:38 AM
John_Magnum posted...
let me just point out:
there are sixteen fully-evolved ghost types.
there are eighteen fully-evolved dragon types.

can you think of twenty light types? twenty sound types?
can you think of eight distinct fully-evolved light types?

i do not think we want a return to the gen1/2 paradigm where some types have only one or two evolutionary families.

ETA: thirteen dragon-type moves, sixteen ghost-type moves. i suppose it wouldn't be too hard to come up with a dozen or so sound-based moves. there's probably that many that soundproof ignores already.
ETA2: Eighteen moves ignored by soundproof. however, bug buzz, grass whistle, and snarl are not about to change type. you could also make Howl a Sound-type, so that gives sixteen, almost all of which are status moves.

So what are you arguing about here exactly? Cause it sounds like you're saying there won't be any new types. Which is perfectly fine, but I was under the impression that we were having a discussion based on if this were to be true.

In either case, I could think of more Light types than Sound types. D&D isn't the be-all-end-all for fantasy either, so just cause that game makes paladins seem like Fighting/Steel doesn't stop tons of other games from portraying them more like Light/Steel or just plain Light. Look at WoW, any FF game (or most Square Enix games for that matter), well, pretty much any MMO or RPG base their paladins off of holy based magic, while still having priests (more light stuff), and warriors still being their own thing (which aremore like Fighting/Steel than paladins). As for designs, well, it's 3:30 AM so forgive me if my brain isn't in "design mode", but I'm sure you could base a ton of things off ankhs, crosses, halos, etc, then merge them with some random animal and make it noble looking.

As for glass, I do agree it's a lot like Ice, but then again it could still be much different. I'd imagine I'd be weak to Rock and Fire, resistant to Water and Flying. Strong against Normal and Fighting (think like cutting someone with a shard of glass), weak against Rock and Ground. I'm sure you could add more in places and change other stuff around with more thought. Designs could be based on a lot of things really. Glass can be molded into many shapes, a lot of double typed Pokemon could have Glass parts to them, like shards which look like knives, other random edges, or even screen type parts.I'd also imagine Glass type Pokemon would generally be fast with high attack (streamlined and sharp). I think with the exception of what it's resistant to, all that is mostly different than the usual Ice type traits.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#39AugustDreamingPosted 11/30/2012 4:47:30 AM
All this talk of a sound type reminded me of something from the Pokemon Adventures manga xD.

http://i04.animea.net/655%2F427-7%2F427-16.jpg
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#40SephirothtPosted 11/30/2012 4:49:18 AM
AugustDreaming posted...
All this talk of a sound type reminded me of something from the Pokemon Adventures manga xD.

http://i04.animea.net/655%2F427-7%2F427-16.jpg

I dun get it?
---
Official Jungo & Black Rider of the SMTIV board.
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Executive