This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RUMOR: Pokemon 3DS news.

#61AbysmalTrinity(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 10:15:43 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Hmm further solidifies my belief of R/S remakes for next year.

hmm.

interesting.
---
Simply Abysmal
AbysmalTrinity
#62John_MagnumPosted 11/30/2012 10:19:24 AM
the absence of rumors about gen3 remakes just proves they're coming, it's so obvious
---
John Magnum
The Most Controversial Man in the World
#63SakurafanboyPosted 11/30/2012 10:23:13 AM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

Except it doesn't solidify anything at all.

Yeah because GameFreak will let 2 years go by without cashing in on remakes. HG/SS sold very very well, why stop the cash flow just because Gen VI isn't ready? <_< They do have more than 1 team.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#64Reborn_SigmaPosted 11/30/2012 10:25:55 AM
Hoennbabbies being incapable of reading the explanation on why this rumor is nonsense, then using it to support their delusions.

Why am I not surprised?
#65R0cks0l1ddPosted 11/30/2012 10:28:13 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

Yeah because GameFreak will let 2 years go by without cashing in on remakes. HG/SS sold very very well, why stop the cash flow just because Gen VI isn't ready? <_< They do have more than 1 team.

1, This rumour is probably bull.

2. Who says Gen VI isn't coming late 2013 in Japan? There's more indication for that at this point than that "thing" you call a pattern which it isn't really a pattern anyway.
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker
#66John_MagnumPosted 11/30/2012 10:30:36 AM
number of times there's been two years between pokemon games: three
number of times game freak has remade a previous game: two

no gen3 remakes, proved.
---
John Magnum
The Next Liefeld
#67SakurafanboyPosted 11/30/2012 10:35:20 AM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

2. Who says Gen VI isn't coming late 2013 in Japan? There's more indication for that at this point than that "thing" you call a pattern which it isn't really a pattern anyway.

Pattern? I never mentioned any pattern, just that GameFreak and Nintendo know a cash cow when they see it. That's like saying COD, Halo, or Assassin's Creed will suddenly come to a halt because they can. Besides, its not too far fetched to think that Gen VI will take a while. I'm banking on Summer 2014 for Japan myself. I'm sure they'd use 3D models and to build a game as large as Pokemon on those kinds of settings would take an incredible amount of time. Yes, Pokedex 3D Pro gave us all 646 Pokemon in 3D, but what about trainers, buildings, scenery, etc? And to make it all flow well without lag or gamebreaking bugs.

It's not a simple feat by any means. Besides, we never got a new generation while the current one had a year to go yet in the anime. Yes, B/W came out during Sinnoh, but Sinnoh was wrapping up. With Unova they just revealed the N saga which was confirmed to be long running. I don't see Gen VI happening during that.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#68Frost_LASERPosted 11/30/2012 10:45:02 AM
I want a light type, as in Electromagnetic Radiation type or EMR for short. Have the legendary based off of Cosmic radiation and a pseudo based off of gamma radiation or X-rays.
#69R0cks0l1ddPosted 11/30/2012 10:53:29 AM(edited)
Sakurafanboy posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

Pattern? I never mentioned any pattern, just that GameFreak and Nintendo know a cash cow when they see it. That's like saying COD, Halo, or Assassin's Creed will suddenly come to a halt because they can. Besides, its not too far fetched to think that Gen VI will take a while. I'm banking on Summer 2014 for Japan myself. I'm sure they'd use 3D models and to build a game as large as Pokemon on those kinds of settings would take an incredible amount of time. Yes, Pokedex 3D Pro gave us all 646 Pokemon in 3D, but what about trainers, buildings, scenery, etc? And to make it all flow well without lag or gamebreaking bugs.

It's not a simple feat by any means. Besides, we never got a new generation while the current one had a year to go yet in the anime. Yes, B/W came out during Sinnoh, but Sinnoh was wrapping up. With Unova they just revealed the N saga which was confirmed to be long running. I don't see Gen VI happening during that.

I was just referring to people who think RSE remakes are coming out next year usually use that 4 year "pattern" excuse. I was just generalising. I'm not saying Pokemon would take a break. It wouldn't if Gen VI were release next Autumn in Japan. They've also been looking for 3D artists since 2009 according to this article and other sites. I would think that they started Gen VI straight after Gen V like they've done with previous generations.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/10/07/game-freak-hiring-a-3d-modeler-but-dont-get-too-excited/

We also don't know if it will be fully 3D anyway. I heard the Episode N thing was supposed to be just an arc not a saga and I doubt it will last more than a year. I've seen no report that it will be long (link me if I'm wrong). They won't release another DS game in late 2013, it's just unreasonable at this point and GF's first 3DS game will obviously be all new.

Masuda also said earlier this year that they were only considering it. If it was in development already, I don't think he would have commented on it since it was on Twitter. The next movie will more than likely have a new Pokemon anyway and they wouldn't hold it off as long as they did with Munchlax and Lucario.

Still, I'm pretty sure this rumour is fake. There's inconsistencies like Battrio being released outside of Japan and the fact that it's been replace along with the fact that having that much concise info tells me it's all made up. Though it will probably be 2014 by the time we get Gen VI like the article says.
---
I doubt they'll use any of those names; they're too bland. And they can't use Black or White for race reasons.
bond007106 of Neoseeker
#70Nidhogg151Posted 11/30/2012 10:51:45 AM(edited)
John_Magnum posted...
WoW and FF still have Paladins that are a combination of supernatural power + martial prowess + heavy armor, which is to say psychic + fighting + steel.

and when all your designs are "take a random holy symbol and merge it with a random animal" and "take a random animal and add glass claws" forgive me if i don't think that sounds super compelling.

Well, like I said, I was tired and not really too into thinking about designs. That and I'm not a game designer, nor have I even thought about this subject before this thread, so forgive me if I didn't have a have a whole layout of Pokemon to give you examples for. Glass could cover literal glass, as well as crystal designs, etc. You can cover a fair amount here, especially when it comes to duel typing. A pure Glass type could be an animal made out of crystal, obsidian, even a stained glass window type design. Anyway it's not like I'm married to that type or anything, and it still sounds just as interesting an idea to me.

As for paladins, I agree they involve a lot of Steel, but they involve very little Psychic in Pokemon's terms of fighting (which is almost all martial arts), and even less in Fighting. For Psychic, Light Screen, Reflect, Magic Coat, Heal Pulse, and Calm Mind are the only Psychic attacks that could pass as paladin skills, and none of those are actually attacks. For Fighting you have Sacred Sword...and really that's about it. But both Psychic and Fighting are closer to Monks in MMO's like the ones listed. Think along the lines of Judgements and healing, or spells like Holy and Dia. Things like spirits, healing, light, and holy magic. I mean there are TONS of things you can do with it.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576