This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RUMOR: Pokemon 3DS news.

#71John_MagnumPosted 11/30/2012 11:10:00 AM
Holy magic is basically either Normal or Psychic. Psystrike is Smite Evil. Judgment is Judgment, but so are Hyper Beam and Giga Impact. Spirits are obviously Ghost, not Holy.

What Paladin skills do you think exist that aren't already ingame? Smite Evil is Psystrike, or Psycho Cut, or Sacred Sword. There's a billion healing moves, including in Normal and Psychic types. Hyper Beam and Judgment should satisfy your "big white blast of energy" desires.

In the D&D and MMO conception, Paladins are healing tanks anyway. They have a few attacks, and Psychic has a few appropriate attacks, but they're big and tough and have plate armor and horses and stuff. So they get moves like Iron Defense and Amnesia and Heal Pulse and Wish and Psycho Cut and Hyper Beam. If you really want stuff that's flavored as "they're supercharging a weapon with magical powers" (Pokemon using weapons?) you can make new moves.

You say there's tons of stuff you can do, but all you've actually come up with is one thing that already works in the existing type paradigm.
---
John Magnum
The Most Controversial Man in the World
#72Nidhogg151Posted 11/30/2012 11:41:14 AM
John_Magnum posted...
Holy magic is basically either Normal or Psychic. Psystrike is Smite Evil. Judgment is Judgment, but so are Hyper Beam and Giga Impact. Spirits are obviously Ghost, not Holy.

What Paladin skills do you think exist that aren't already ingame? Smite Evil is Psystrike, or Psycho Cut, or Sacred Sword. There's a billion healing moves, including in Normal and Psychic types. Hyper Beam and Judgment should satisfy your "big white blast of energy" desires.

In the D&D and MMO conception, Paladins are healing tanks anyway. They have a few attacks, and Psychic has a few appropriate attacks, but they're big and tough and have plate armor and horses and stuff. So they get moves like Iron Defense and Amnesia and Heal Pulse and Wish and Psycho Cut and Hyper Beam. If you really want stuff that's flavored as "they're supercharging a weapon with magical powers" (Pokemon using weapons?) you can make new moves.

You say there's tons of stuff you can do, but all you've actually come up with is one thing that already works in the existing type paradigm.

You're obviously not grasping the concept. Holy =/= Psychic, if anything it's actually closer to Fire. Holy and divinity are a completely different concept than Psychic. One uses the mind to control objects and energy, the other uses the power of God and Heaven. I keep bringing up paladins as an example of how holy magic is used, I'm not trying to use it as a basis behind all Light Pokemon. Sure, one line might resemble an actual paladin, and some would get Iron Defense and Wish, but mostly they would make up new skills with new effects and animations, like Judgement, and Holy Light, and Prayer, etc. Some of those new skills will have new effects, some will just be rehashed versions of skills already in the game like 75% of the skills currently are.

What are you suggesting anyway? I don't exactly see you coming up with any ideas.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#73SakurafanboyPosted 11/30/2012 11:54:37 AM
R0cks0l1dd posted...

I was just referring to people who think RSE remakes are coming out next year usually use that 4 year "pattern" excuse. I was just generalising. I'm not saying Pokemon would take a break. It wouldn't if Gen VI were release next Autumn in Japan. They've also been looking for 3D artists since 2009 according to this article and other sites. I would think that they started Gen VI straight after Gen V like they've done with previous generations.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/10/07/game-freak-hiring-a-3d-modeler-but-dont-get-too-excited/

We also don't know if it will be fully 3D anyway. I heard the Episode N thing was supposed to be just an arc not a saga and I doubt it will last more than a year. I've seen no report that it will be long (link me if I'm wrong). They won't release another DS game in late 2013, it's just unreasonable at this point and GF's first 3DS game will obviously be all new.

Masuda also said earlier this year that they were only considering it. If it was in development already, I don't think he would have commented on it since it was on Twitter. The next movie will more than likely have a new Pokemon anyway and they wouldn't hold it off as long as they did with Munchlax and Lucario.

Still, I'm pretty sure this rumour is fake. There's inconsistencies like Battrio being released outside of Japan and the fact that it's been replace along with the fact that having that much concise info tells me it's all made up. Though it will probably be 2014 by the time we get Gen VI like the article says.

This comes from Serebii regarding N:

In The Anime Department

Pokémon Best Wishes Season 2 Episode N

Following yesterday's reveal of Pokémon Best Wishes Season 2 Episode N, we now have full details. It is confirmed that it is the new saga of the anime, following on from the Unova League, and it will begin in Japan on January 17th 2013. We currently don't have details on the overarching narrative of this saga, but we expect more information on December 6th

Meaning it will be its own season. N was a major character in the Unova games, so I don't see him being in only a few episodes, that'd be really bad for the writing staff to do.

As for the movie, yes, I'm sure it'll have new Pokemon, but they won't reveal them after R/S remakes at out.

And the quote from Masuda means nothing. Literally nothing. He was only protecting B2/W2 sales. They said the same thing after B/W came out "nothing happening" yet B2/W2 happened.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#74Genesis DragonPosted 11/30/2012 2:18:55 PM
let me just point out:
there are sixteen fully-evolved ghost types.
there are eighteen fully-evolved dragon types.

can you think of twenty light types? twenty sound types?
can you think of eight distinct fully-evolved light types?

I have, on my own, come up with thirteen Light-type ideas within 9 separate lines plus an Eeveelution. If I alone can come up with that many, then a team of people working together can easily exceed that. I admittedly have fewer ideas for Sound but there are several Pokemon within the game already that could be modified to a Sonic type - just off the top of my head, the Whismur line and Chatot, and I'm sure I would think of others if I spent a few minutes looking with any depth. And if they somehow can't match my idea production, they can solicit the Internet, which has literally thousands of Fakemon concepts which could easily be absorbed and turned into viable Pokemon.

Moves are probably easier than Pokemon, for that matter.

I have no idea the veracity of this rumor, and until there's something a lot more concrete I'm not going to dwell on it any. The issues you raise demand consideration but are not insurmountable as long as they're given the attention they deserve. And after five iterations, I'm confident they have the capacity to handle that.
---
Politics is weird. And creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. -Shepard Smith
#75torentdragonPosted 11/30/2012 2:49:12 PM
The part about it being released in two years could be true actually. The new games, when on a new platform, were always released two years after the last ones.

Well here is proof for my statement:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Crystal_Version

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Ruby_and_Sapphire_Versions

and also

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_Emerald

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_Diamond_and_Pearl
---
"Minion what have you done? These were human beings with lives & families and...Aaah totally kidding. Screw those guys!" -Claptrap
#76YetAnothrShadowPosted 11/30/2012 2:53:18 PM
Cosmo/Space type pls
---
http://i.imgflip.com/760c.gif
#77Serebii from SPPPosted 11/30/2012 3:50:52 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...

I was just referring to people who think RSE remakes are coming out next year usually use that 4 year "pattern" excuse. I was just generalising. I'm not saying Pokemon would take a break. It wouldn't if Gen VI were release next Autumn in Japan. They've also been looking for 3D artists since 2009 according to this article and other sites. I would think that they started Gen VI straight after Gen V like they've done with previous generations.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/10/07/game-freak-hiring-a-3d-modeler-but-dont-get-too-excited/

We also don't know if it will be fully 3D anyway. I heard the Episode N thing was supposed to be just an arc not a saga and I doubt it will last more than a year. I've seen no report that it will be long (link me if I'm wrong). They won't release another DS game in late 2013, it's just unreasonable at this point and GF's first 3DS game will obviously be all new.

Masuda also said earlier this year that they were only considering it. If it was in development already, I don't think he would have commented on it since it was on Twitter. The next movie will more than likely have a new Pokemon anyway and they wouldn't hold it off as long as they did with Munchlax and Lucario.

Still, I'm pretty sure this rumour is fake. There's inconsistencies like Battrio being released outside of Japan and the fact that it's been replace along with the fact that having that much concise info tells me it's all made up. Though it will probably be 2014 by the time we get Gen VI like the article says.

For the record, Masuda never said that they were considering RS Remakes. This was a horrific mistranslation in November last year from a certain other site. What he said was that he thanked the user for his views and that RS hold a special place in his heart
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#78lord_chaoPosted 11/30/2012 5:04:09 PM(edited)
CharizardFire posted...
If anything, its "sound" that should be its own type.

No. That is a terrible idea.

I never said it was a good idea. Just pointing out that there are more worthy candidates than "love" as a type.

MileRun posted...

Yeah there's a lot of naturally-occurring Ghost.

Natural or not, it's far less artificial than something like plastic.

---
How I feel when people are against features being added to a game or something needs to be nerfed because its not realistic enough: http://i.imgur.com/0Dqiu.jpg
#79pmackinnonPosted 11/30/2012 5:17:47 PM(edited)
Where's my Barf-type? Or Pencil-type? I want my Bread-type. And give Dark-type to everything. Light-type is a great idea, so let's save it until gen NaN where it will catch everyone by surprise.

Genesis Dragon posted...

I have, on my own, come up with thirteen Light-type ideas within 9 separate lines plus an Eeveelution. If I alone can come up with that many, then a team of people working together can easily exceed that.

I bet they are all brilliant and completely original and fun. The team obviously has the same standards as you, you should submit them. I can come up with 7000 Dragon types. I should join their team.

I came up with 100 Pencil-types and they are all brilliant. Here is one.

Penpour
Type: Pencil
Looks like: A pencil, but with arms!!!
Quality check: Approved totally.

---
hee hee hee
#805ky_4nth3mPosted 11/30/2012 6:21:44 PM
MileRun posted...
5ky_4nth3m posted...
John_Magnum posted...
John_Magnum posted...
suggestion: plastic type. weak to fire since it melts, strong against grass and water since it pollutes. you can make tons of shapes out of plastic, and you can give animals plastic body parts and s***.

the thing about plastic is it's man made so i don't see it ever becoming a type.
but the idea itself doesn't sound that bad really.

yeah there's a lot of naturally-occurring steel.

*facepalm*

i thought about this but tried to believe ppl would smart enough to realize the steel type is meant to be metal type but for the sake of originality they called it steel.

i guess i should never underestimate other ppl's unwillingness to use their brain...

Yeah there's a lot of naturally-occurring Ghost.

oh boy, here we go again... another one refusing to use the brain...
yeah, because ghost is supposed to be grouped with types like ground, rock, steel, etc... -.-"

besides, even if ignore my first point, you're still wrong because if you believe in ghosts which you are supposed to when it comes to ghosts in the game since they DO exist there, then yes, they're supposed to be natural ocurrences or maybe i should say super-natural.
no matter what you want to call it it's still not man-made.

so yeah, there you go, as you can see you managed to fail two times in the same sentence.
you deserve a prize for that.