This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should Shiny Pokemon have better stats than normal PKMN?

#21calvin_0Posted 11/30/2012 1:44:41 AM
MetaXGross posted...

I don't compare it to a different costumes. I compare it a bit to the show. Wasn't Ash's Noctowl Shiny, and a bit stronger?

and in tcg as well, shiny pokemon are a little stronger then regular...

i dont agree with stats boost, but they should make it to have atleast one perfect IV or better the perfect IV stats is determain with nature, modest nature shiny would get 31 IV in sp.atk for example.

that would make shiny actually worth while to get.

Kibalnuzuka posted...
No thanks, don't want to play people with full hacked shiny teams because they're 'legit'.

fun facts, every online game have hacker... so if you play wifi, you most likely encounter a hacker with legit pokemon along the way... even VGC is fill with hacker with legit pokemon.
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#22EchoPhoenixPosted 11/30/2012 2:07:12 AM
MetaXGross posted...
I compare it a bit to the show. Wasn't Ash's Noctowl Shiny, and a bit stronger?

iirc, it was the opposite. When the gang first saw it side by side with another Noctowl, they wondered why the friend of the day was interested in it, since it was smaller than an average.

I compare it that since it's rare to have a Shiny Pokemon that it could be a gene mutation of some sort that causes them to be Shiny. A bonus would be better programmed stats.

If you're comparing it to a mutation, then the idea could be flipped around to make them weaker on average due to defective genes and such.

So yeah, I'd rather not have any correlation with stats and shinyness, mainly because the different colour is already a bonus in itself, and I don't see any reason to give them better stats on top of that.
#23calvin_0Posted 11/30/2012 2:17:32 AM
EchoPhoenix posted...

If you're comparing it to a mutation, then the idea could be flipped around to make them weaker on average due to defective genes and such.

not all mutation are weak, some mutation can provide better surviving trait, out lives the weaker and reproduce which would eventually lead to evolve into a new species.

that is how bacteria that immune to antibiotic is produced.

but again, weaker mutation are alot more common then those strong and useful mutation.
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#24Ku-Ri-BohPosted 11/30/2012 2:20:32 AM
Actually the idea of shiny = auto perfect IVs can be good. It doesn't make them that much special coz normal coloured Poke with good IVs are still easily obtainable (or hackable), so for those who don't hack, obtaining a shiny means something
#25reaverzPosted 11/30/2012 3:21:38 AM
I wouldn't mind if shiny Pokemon had a minimum of 20 IVs in each stat, which would make them at least as good as they were in GSC, IV-wise.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#26MileRunPosted 11/30/2012 3:23:53 AM
I'd like for shinies to at least have guaranteed "good" IVs, for a reasonable definition of "good." They don't have to be perfect, or even competitively useable; they just have to not be completely useless.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#27f0x0rPosted 11/30/2012 3:41:09 AM
Maybe just make the Shiny Pokémon come with Pokérus?

That will be a nice touch I think, since Pokérus is already kind of rare (although if you get it once, you can make it last forever). That would be a bonus, would make some kind of sense lore-wise (since it's Shiny and maybe some kind of mutation, it could carry the virus too, or some crap like that), and wouldn't break competitive play at all.
#28King-gamerPosted 11/30/2012 3:44:01 AM
Hell no.
#29QuetzalmaPosted 11/30/2012 3:45:03 AM
The only thing I can agree is:
if a Pokemon is shiny, he gets 31 IVs on everything

I'm in for that
#30MileRunPosted 11/30/2012 3:46:21 AM
f0x0r posted...
Maybe just make the Shiny Pokémon come with Pokérus?

That will be a nice touch I think, since Pokérus is already kind of rare (although if you get it once, you can make it last forever). That would be a bonus, would make some kind of sense lore-wise (since it's Shiny and maybe some kind of mutation, it could carry the virus too, or some crap like that), and wouldn't break competitive play at all.

As it is now, acquiring Pokerus is three times as rare as finding a shiny Pokemon. This would be a massive step down.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate