This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Genesect is uber now.

#41pokemonfreak97Posted 11/30/2012 11:27:08 AM(edited)
infinitexx posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Paromin posted...
Ubers is a banlist not a tier. So it really doesn't matter how Genesect performs against other Ubers.

I believe the official Smogon perspective is that Ubers is a banlist first and a tier second. That means that Genesect will be Uber no matter how weak it is against, say, Groudon or Blaziken, but people will still develop strategies for it against things such as rain teams; I can see Genesect beating down rain teams because they weaken Fire-type moves.

This is true. Though it's obviously not just a banlist, else there wouldn't be things banned from ubers.

Hence... "and a tier second". After it is done being a banlist that Pokémon cannot drop from because of usage (if nobody uses Genesect in Ubers, but it's still considered too good for OU, it won't move), it is also considered as a tier, with bans like Moody, OHKO, or evasion.

Also, I can't believe that none of the Genesect lovers have noticed that the thread number ends in 666.
---
I hack life.
Got a Wii U launch night!
#42MugilokoPosted 11/30/2012 11:30:14 AM
Reno_Tarshil posted...
Mugiloko posted...
3 pages and no "inb4Mugiloko"?

I was getting around to a post about you running out in the streets with a flag that had a deny symbol over genesect and shouting hysterically but I kept getting distracted..

>____________________>
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a6/571Zoroark.png/180px-571Zoroark.png
#43SilverSaint7Posted 11/30/2012 11:30:46 AM
warnerbroman posted...
SilverSaint7 posted...
warnerbroman posted...
Paromin posted...
Smogon tiers are based on usage.

Right, but when a pokemon is "over used" it get banned.

"Genesect got banned from OU for being too over used! c guiz smogon r hypocrites, look how much smarter i am than them LOL"

Go learn what overcentralization is. Like MileRun said, if being used a lot was a bannable offense then Scizor and Politoed would have gotten the boot months ago when they were the #1 most used pokemon.
I read that in my voice and chuckled but, why not just call the tier "Standard" or something?

I'm semi-casual so I don't really care.

At least there Meloletta which I assume is staying where she is.

It doesn't need to be changed because everybody gets why its called Overused except for you it seems. And I'm sorry but if you're such a semi-casual then you should probably stop pretending like you actually know what you're talking about.
---
My swagger brings all the scrubs to the yard.
#44warnerbromanPosted 11/30/2012 1:27:23 PM
SilverSaint7 posted...
warnerbroman posted...
SilverSaint7 posted...
warnerbroman posted...
Paromin posted...

"Genesect got banned from OU for being too over used! c guiz smogon r hypocrites, look how much smarter i am than them LOL"

Go learn what overcentralization is. Like MileRun said, if being used a lot was a bannable offense then Scizor and Politoed would have gotten the boot months ago when they were the #1 most used pokemon.
I read that in my voice and chuckled but, why not just call the tier "Standard" or something?

It doesn't need to be changed because everybody gets why its called Overused except for you it seems,and I'm sorry but if you're such a semi-casual then you should probably stop pretending like you actually know what you're talking about.

I didn't pretend, I was being literal for fun.
---
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?
#45pkmnpkmnPosted 11/30/2012 2:28:43 PM
Let the hurr durr rain spammage begin.
---
The Offical Groudon Oof the POkemon Black and White 2 Boards.
#46furixPosted 11/30/2012 2:46:36 PM
wth, no! Leave the uber metagame alone! Go keep your Genesect you OU players! We don't want him here.
---
Ichi ni san~
#47infinitexxPosted 11/30/2012 2:51:45 PM
warnerbroman posted...
SilverSaint7 posted...
warnerbroman posted...
Paromin posted...

Meloetta is badass in UU, but I think the gimmicky nature and predictability of Relic Song changing form will keep her from climbing back to OU. If she could start in Pirouette form, she'd be a monster.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#48Dark_EinherjarPosted 11/30/2012 4:27:06 PM
Echo_djinn posted...
He is a great poke and it sucks to see him go. Hopefully by next gen he'll get another ability which will reduce his OP and he'll be brought back into OU. I think without that download ability he wouldn't be such a big threat as he is now. His movepool is amazing but that download ability makes him just too deadly.

It's going to remain banned anyway if Download is only broken on Genesect, the same way Blaziken is banned because Blaziken alone is broken with Speed Boost.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#49noname2lazyPosted 11/30/2012 4:34:38 PM
Adam_Ace posted...
I personally think it's a little harsh to place Genosect in a tier where it's more than likely going to be destroyed by every Psudo Legendary, Ho-oh, Groudon and Reshiram.

Actually Genesect is a great pokemon in the Uber tier.
#50GhetsisPosted 11/30/2012 4:47:47 PM
furix posted...
wth, no! Leave the uber metagame alone! Go keep your Genesect you OU players! We don't want him here.

This has absolutely no effect on Genesect's usage in ubers.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?