This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question on EV Training...

#1asdfggghh1Posted 12/1/2012 4:47:50 PM
Well, two actually. I couldn't find anything on this, or rather I didn't look extremely hard, but does using the EXP share give a full amount of the EVs to the holder?

And I read about switching out and then winning the battle, does the switched out get the full EVs, including from a held item?

A lv9 Krabby holding a power Anklet can't reliably beat up Basculins all day...
---
My balls do not blend.
#2MillionGunmannnPosted 12/1/2012 4:52:41 PM
Rule: If it get EXP it also gets EVs
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 3225 3480 4644
#3Mikey_RPosted 12/1/2012 5:18:14 PM
EVs are NEVER split. So using EXP share will not reduce the amount of EVs a pokemon will obtain, the same goes for switching out.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#4MileRunPosted 12/1/2012 5:26:47 PM
MillionGunmannn posted...
Rule: If it get EXP it also gets EVs

Mikey_R posted...
EVs are NEVER split. So using EXP share will not reduce the amount of EVs a pokemon will obtain, the same goes for switching out.

This and that. One other thing: Things like the Power Items and Pokerus effects only work if the Pokemon has them. So, in the following cases...

-You lead with a Krabby holding a Power Anklet, then switch to another Pokemon. Krabby gets 6 Speed EVs (two from Basculin, four from the Anklet), and your other Pokemon gets 2 Speed EVs (from Basculin).

-You lead with an arbitrary Pokemon holding a Power Anklet. Krabby is in your party holding an EXP. Share, but never enters the battle. Your lead Pokemon gets 6 Speed EVs and your Krabby only gets 2 Speed EVs.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate