This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So does this game have a black protagonist?

#11DarkBlueAntPosted 12/1/2012 7:23:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12yzmanPosted 12/1/2012 7:25:07 PM
So what next? A native american protagonist? An eskimo protagonist? We should have options for all ethnicites right?

No, because the pokemon world isn't based on the real world so there's no need to be politically correct. Should it have been more ethnically diverse from the beginning? I'd say so, yes. But it's too late to change it now. I mean, practically everyone except Lenora is not black so how does she even exist? Is she a mutant or something?

(BTW before you accuse me of being a racist christmas cracker, the ethnic majority of the Pokeworld are asians.......there are probably more black people than caucasians in these games. Surge is the only caucasian I've seen I think.)

Umm I would say all of the main characters and most people are Caucasian actually. Just look at them. Just because the games are Japanese does not mean they fill the game with Asians. Look at the zelda series, clearly based off of medieval Europe.

Japanese love to make white main characters.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#13kuwab0Posted 12/1/2012 7:25:52 PM
Does that mean Lt Surge got all kinds of action in Kanto?
#14NezrubBehemothPosted 12/1/2012 7:36:47 PM(edited)
yzman posted...
So what next? A native american protagonist? An eskimo protagonist? We should have options for all ethnicites right?

No, because the pokemon world isn't based on the real world so there's no need to be politically correct. Should it have been more ethnically diverse from the beginning? I'd say so, yes. But it's too late to change it now. I mean, practically everyone except Lenora is not black so how does she even exist? Is she a mutant or something?

(BTW before you accuse me of being a racist christmas cracker, the ethnic majority of the Pokeworld are asians.......there are probably more black people than caucasians in these games. Surge is the only caucasian I've seen I think.)

Umm I would say all of the main characters and most people are Caucasian actually. Just look at them. Just because the games are Japanese does not mean they fill the game with Asians. Look at the zelda series, clearly based off of medieval Europe.

I agree with you on the Zelda thing also Dark souls is an Asian game where most of the characters have a Western appearance - aside from the aptly names SHIVA OF THE EAST. And with pokemon yeah most look Caucasian - a few look Asian however like Koga and Janine and the martial artist's. Pokemon seems to have a moderatly good amount of diversity these days especially considering the new champion is Black and the previous one was the anime version of a Native American.
#15KaguuraPosted 12/1/2012 7:39:53 PM
We need a gay black protagonist who is also very religious.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdhftcvFVp1r50rexo4_250.gif
---
http://i.imgur.com/xtljQ.jpg
sick bastard
#16MileRunPosted 12/1/2012 7:58:50 PM
yzman posted...

Rule of thumb is that in anime and games with anime-style art, if a Caucasian-looking character has a hair color that isn't blond, orange, red (closer to natural red, rather than bright red, purple-red, or blood red), or certain shades of light brown, the character is supposed to be Asian.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#17TectonicImprovPosted 12/1/2012 8:00:08 PM
Currently awaiting Lotus Juice inspired protag in next Pokemon game.
---
Yo yo yo 1 4 8 3 to the 3 6 to the 9, representing the ABQ. What up, ******!
Majora's Mask is overrated. People who agree: 24 (PM your opinion, good, or bad.)
#18TehKrimboElfPosted 12/1/2012 8:17:58 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...
As soon as black people are a common sight in Japan.

Explain this then please.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4916429637_72bdf1df89.jpg

Why hasn't anyone pointed out how messed up their faces are? Well mostly the middle boy, I mean he looks like Sloth from The Goonies.
---
The official Surt of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
White 2 FC: 2581 1170 0989
#19Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:55:05 PM
TehKrimboElf posted...
TehTrumpCard posted...
As soon as black people are a common sight in Japan.

Explain this then please.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4916429637_72bdf1df89.jpg

Why hasn't anyone pointed out how messed up their faces are? Well mostly the middle boy, I mean he looks like Sloth from The Goonies.

LMAO so true!
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
#20Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 1:01:39 AM
Well, there are lots of Russians in Japan, so will we see those before blacks?
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.