This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen I vs Gen V Day 24: Rattata line vs Patrat line

#21TrainerYellowPosted 12/2/2012 10:08:50 PM
Rattata
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerGuides 1.10
#22FungusForBrainsPosted 12/3/2012 12:33:59 AM
360pages posted...
NoseReaper posted...
If Watchog wasn't so horrifically disgusting, I might have voted for it.

Patrat actually looks like it might've evolved into something cool. . . but then Watchog happened. Ugh.

This so much!
#23TehTrumpCardPosted 12/3/2012 12:37:52 AM
Patrat.

Lenora's Hypnotizing Watchog is the enemy of all things level 20.

Also in one of my recent random battles on showdown Patrat won the match for me.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#24elconoMPosted 12/3/2012 2:18:43 AM
Raticate has the move pool and was Super Fang boss first.
---
Still playing @ Animal Crossing: Wild World, Pokemon gens 4 & 5, San Andreas, Champions of Norrath 8D
#25QuetzalmaPosted 12/3/2012 4:34:51 AM
Rattata, I never liked Patrat's eyes, they look stupid
#26glitchunter75Posted 12/3/2012 5:25:28 AM
Patrat Line. Watchog looks way more awesome than Raticate, and can also learn Hypnosis. Not only that, a Watchog has its own TV show!
---
The World Ends With You 2 in 2012? I sure hope so!
Official Shiny Victini of the Pokemon B/W 2 and PMD: MMM boards.
#27GMAnthonyPosted 12/3/2012 5:47:17 AM
trutenor posted...
Rattata. The original user of F.E.A.R.

Rattata was also pretty decent back in Gen 1. It had great speed (at the time), and got powerful moves like Hyper Fang early. It also evolved into Raticate at level 20, and was able to learn a variety of moves (I remember using my Bubblebeam TM on Raticate in my Red run).

Patrat...meh...I just get the "been there, done that" feel with it. At least Rattata can still do f.e.a.r. sets, while Raticate gets Guts to abuse. I actually like Raticate, as it can still do a couple of interesting things that most other pokemon can't.

F.E.A.R. sets? 'Splain this to me, it's the first I've heard of this.

Anyways...I have to vote for Patrat/Watchog. It has a more interesting movepool and better stats.
---
The fourth wall has shattered...
Heroes of Arcadia - http://www.fanfiction.net/~anthonybault
#28MugilokoPosted 12/3/2012 5:51:43 AM
GMAnthony posted...
trutenor posted...
Rattata. The original user of F.E.A.R.

Rattata was also pretty decent back in Gen 1. It had great speed (at the time), and got powerful moves like Hyper Fang early. It also evolved into Raticate at level 20, and was able to learn a variety of moves (I remember using my Bubblebeam TM on Raticate in my Red run).

Patrat...meh...I just get the "been there, done that" feel with it. At least Rattata can still do f.e.a.r. sets, while Raticate gets Guts to abuse. I actually like Raticate, as it can still do a couple of interesting things that most other pokemon can't.

F.E.A.R. sets? 'Splain this to me, it's the first I've heard of this.

Anyways...I have to vote for Patrat/Watchog. It has a more interesting movepool and better stats.

Focus Sash + Endeavor > Quick Attack Rattata.

Completely wrecked by ghosts, high priority moves, multi hit moves etc.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a6/571Zoroark.png/180px-571Zoroark.png
#29trutenorPosted 12/3/2012 11:31:36 AM
Rattata gets Sucker Punch to deal with ghosts (And you can always switch if Rattata is at full health), and if you know a priority move is coming, then so what? Rattata did it's job.
---
Pokemon White FC: Gemini: 2623 2488 5243
#30xylophone2Posted 12/3/2012 11:51:14 AM
Watchog has been my primary legendary catcher this gen. so I'm voting for it. Rattata/Raticate I've only ever caught for pokedex completion.
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.-Balthier FFXII