This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New typing: Love

• Topic Archived
3 years ago#51
Don't let the people get you down TC, any "new typing" thread is gonna get some of that kind of response.

This is pretty decent, much better than 90% of the "light" type arguments. I also agree that fighting immunity is a bad idea, poor fighting already got ghost for that.

I really don't know about the competitive viability behind your ideas but conceptually it seems sound. The move Return should be Love typed.
3 years ago#52
Jarred623 posted...
Heart has a better ring to it than love and fits with the elements in the game.

Earth!
Fire!
Wind!
Water!
Heart!

GO PLANET!

With your powers combined I am Captain Planet!

Captain Planet, he's our hero,
Gonna take pollution down to zero,
He's our powers magnified,
And he's fighting on the planet side

Captain Planet, he's our hero,
Gonna take pollution down to zero,
Gonna help him put us under,
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captain Planet!"

(chanting)
We're the planeteers,
You can be one too!
'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do,
Looting and polluting is not the way,
Hear what Captain Planet has to say:

"THE POWER IS YOURS!!"

This was the first thing i thought of
---
GameFAQs Win/Loss Record: 16/30 ; FCs in profile.
3 years ago#53
this love type is seriously in consideration...
3 years ago#54
TherianReturns posted...

But I really do hope that the united states would secede from the planet, good riddance I'd say

Fixed.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
3 years ago#55
Please never suggest something so stupid again. Love is not.... I don't even... WHY IS HUMANITY SO STUPID????
3 years ago#56
The_Sol_Blader posted...
Hate also has better songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjfqXdcb2BA

Ugh heavy metal. I'll listen to things that don't give me a headache after a few seconds. I can see Pokemon like Blissey gaining Love as their secondary typing. Togetick, and Togekiss could become Love/Flying. Somehow I think Crobat would still keep its typing though. Swoobat could become either Psychic/Love or Love/Flying. Luvdisc would be Water/Love due to its Pokedex entries.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
Strifehart is my OTP. FC: 4170-0917-6393 services performed at BSC: 1 Riley's Boyfriend on the BW2 boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
3 years ago#57
Masterbob1872 posted...
Please never suggest something so stupid again. Love is not.... I don't even... WHY IS HUMANITY SO STUPID????

Oh please, this is pokemon bro. The power of love is overflowing in this series.
3 years ago#58
When people try to defend a "Light" type, they usually say that they want an equivalent of "holy" in other RPGs. Something a cleric or a paladin would use. Others counter this saying a paladin would be Fighting/Psychic and a cleric would be Psychic/Normal or something like that. Fighting is the foil to dark, and a "light" type would be redundant.

Light would not be redundant. When I think of Light as a type, I don't think of "holy", but of various kinds of shining lights. Here are examples of what I would think of with regard to a Light type.

Possible Light-type attacks:
Laser Beam (powerful special attack)
Spotlight (special version of Pursuit - it's especially humiliating to run like a coward if a spotlight is on you)
Physical Light-type attacks could be akin to weapons conjured up by the Green Lantern (except they wouldn't necessarily be green), or by having appendages glow with light while attacking.
Of course, Flash and Light Screen would become Light-type moves.

Possible Light-type Pokemon:
Ampharos (Electric/Light)
In addition to that, I could imagine Light-types based off of light bulbs, flashlights, and even stars. Any animal that naturally gives off fluorescent light could easily be the basis for a Light-type (although it's too late for Lanturn).

While Light could look like a foil to Dark, it mostly looks that way when thinking of Dark-types like Umbreon.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
3 years ago#59
SilentS89 posted...
Masterbob1872 posted...

Oh please, this is pokemon bro. The power of love is overflowing in this series.

That's how you train Pokemon!
3 years ago#60
Ugh heavy metal. I'll listen to things that don't give me a headache after a few seconds

What a wimp. It's also Trash Metal
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Black FC: 4127 2517 7042

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived