This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to reply to people who say pokemon is not a real game.

#11banjo kazooiePosted 12/3/2012 3:03:04 AM
I don't. I scoff at them. If they must have a response, ask them why they keep buying the latest iteration of a game that has reached a sports-game level of entropy in evolution in gameplay, if it isn't going backward. Point out that Activision is well known for their same-game-every-year sports games. Assert that they are illiterate for stating that games where the dialogue is entirely text-based are so unappealing to them. Tell them that they only think COD is good because they're barbarians that find the concept of armed combat appealing. Hell, they probably are, so odds are they're homophobic, they fit the demographic, say they're gay for the protagonists of the COD series, and that they only play the games to oggle the characters. Point out that the only deciding factor in combat is whoever sees the opponent first. Ask them why they don't play a real shooter like TF2, perhaps they need their hand held when aiming? I could go on, but my laptop's almost flat, so I'll stop there.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#12GRTooCoolPosted 12/3/2012 3:14:43 AM
No one ever says that. You're making it up.

If someone does say that... just show them your pee pee. Either they'll shut up or laugh and all will be forgotten about whether or not Pokemon is a real game.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Stop giving companies extra pocket money.
#13LightningHawk90Posted 12/3/2012 3:19:34 AM
Someone doesn't understand the concept of the word "genre" and how games have different ones.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#14TehTrumpCardPosted 12/3/2012 3:25:05 AM
Ask them to play any and I do mean any metagame against someone who actually knows what they're doing. They'll probably pick their favorites, only use damaging moves, and probably use the wrong builds/conflicting natures.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#15Ku-Ri-BohPosted 12/3/2012 3:48:48 AM
Just laugh about it like a respectable human being
#16serenade696969Posted 12/3/2012 4:09:26 AM
Kitsune_Shinra posted...
pies12 posted...
I've never heard anyone say that.

This. Ever.
#17megaretroPosted 12/3/2012 4:12:31 AM
I think I will reply oh yeah YO MAMA!!
big insult :D
#18SlimeStackPosted 12/3/2012 4:28:37 AM
I don't think I've met anyone who has badmouthed Pokémon in my life. Apart from secondary school, but when you're a teenager being the coolest is more important than being a person.
---
Pokemon Black Version 2:
Sean - 1163 7615 1957
#19vermillion719Posted 12/3/2012 4:38:54 AM
First, you snort, and say "Really?" If they maintain that they're being serious, you burst out laughing and walk away from them. Possibly call back something like "Come back when you're out of diapers and into big boy pants, kid," to reassert that anyone who holds an opinion such as that is a child.
---
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar
#20singhellotakuPosted 12/3/2012 5:26:17 AM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
Are you high?

Seriously, are you?