This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to reply to people who say pokemon is not a real game.

#21gamingratPosted 12/3/2012 4:55:40 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Or tell you to play better games like cod or assassins creed?

Oh I think I saw someone on the Internet post a story about how they owned someone else because they said something like this. Anybody have the link?

I think id rather play Pong then CoD
---
GT:gamingrat91
#22renzsweetPosted 12/3/2012 5:17:29 AM
Kitsune_Shinra posted...
pies12 posted...
I've never heard anyone say that.

This. Ever.

---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#23RicardoSForeverPosted 12/3/2012 5:27:20 AM
SlimeStack posted...
I don't think I've met anyone who has badmouthed Pokémon in my life. Apart from secondary school, but when you're a teenager being the coolest is more important than being a person.

But in High-School it's easier to ignore them. I've had problems at first, then by the time I was in the 12th grade, people started to not really care, since I was like everybody else in almost everything else.
---
If this world was noob free; than nobody could laugh at least once!
#24GeminiX7Posted 12/3/2012 5:27:48 AM
pies12 posted...
I've never heard anyone say that.

---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#25egglinkPosted 12/3/2012 5:29:09 AM
When they say "Go play a real game like cod." just laugh in their face. And then walk away, laughing.
---
Philosophy: Needs more Ice type, and Dragons are the devil.
#26GeminiX7Posted 12/3/2012 5:31:45 AM
RicardoSForever posted...
SlimeStack posted...
I don't think I've met anyone who has badmouthed Pokémon in my life. Apart from secondary school, but when you're a teenager being the coolest is more important than being a person.

But in High-School it's easier to ignore them. I've had problems at first, then by the time I was in the 12th grade, people started to not really care, since I was like everybody else in almost everything else.

Get to college and see how many people, both male and female, love or still at least hold a great fondness for Pokemon. I still remember seeing people in our large Chemistry lecture(about 400 people) playing SS and HG on thier DS's, looking for matches across the classroom. And mind you, this wasn't planned. They all saw each other playing, and then challenged each other locally.

Also, it turned out my professor played as well, as she had one of Pokeball pedometers and would play on her DSi while we took exams. God I miss Penn State.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#27GeminiX7Posted 12/3/2012 5:35:39 AM
egglink posted...
When they say "Go play a real game like cod." just laugh in their face. And then walk away, laughing.

Also, no one says that. I don't know why the internet has such a hate boner for CoD, to the point where they make up these wierd "gaming jock strawmen" to villanize, like this is some sort of take on an 80's teen comedy. Unless this is how people talk and act in high school nowadays or something, it all seems kind of made up.

Congrats, you do not like CoD despite it being popular by the mainstream. Completely understandable. But to villanize those who do like it make it sound less like you don't like certain aspects of the game, and more like you are hating on it because you want to "fit in".
---
#28HojjeePosted 12/3/2012 5:43:59 AM
Pokemon is not a real game though, its a virtual game. A real game is something like Basketball. There are just as many fat loners playing CoD as there are with Pokemon.
#29ElSilverWindPosted 12/3/2012 5:50:53 AM
Stare shockingly at my hands while I realize for most of my life I've been having delusions of a wonderful and charming game series just to cope with some terrible and devastating secret that I couldn't bring myself to admit. Heck, the game station was never even on . . .

Then I'd thank this fellow for ending my happy little Dreamworld by giving them a free baseball bat . . Provided they can catch it . . . With their face.

Then go to GameFreak, sell them the concept for Pokemon, and watch the money roll in :3
---
Burgh is meh Snuggle Bug
#30CryofthePlanetPosted 12/3/2012 5:59:37 AM
banjo kazooie posted...
Tell them that they only think COD is good because they're barbarians that find the concept of armed combat appealing. Hell, they probably are, so odds are they're homophobic, they fit the demographic, say they're gay for the protagonists of the COD series, and that they only play the games to oggle the characters.

So, what if they're gay? <.< And just don't like Pokemon...? Not that I see that happening, because I'm not so sure that anybody dislikes Pokemon. Still, just because somebody loves CoD or armed combat games doesn't mean anything; by your concept of a demographic, my boyfriend should be a homophobe, but he's the opposite... lol.

Anyway, for the one person on this planet that *doesn't* like Pokemon, if they were to say that to me, I would simply look up, stare at them, and say, "I pity you and whatever pathetic existence you lead." Then I would look back at my game and be the very best (like no one ever was).
---
Check out my band! I'm the bassist :3
http://www.reverbnation.com/atdeathsbehest